NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

8 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

i've grown up around knicks fans my entire life so to see you guys act so short sighted because you're so starved to win some games is not surprising lmao.

we'll see how playing randle 500 minutes a night turns out.

are you a knicks fan? yea, we will see how playing him huge minutes turns out...but as of now, its equating to WWWW's for the first time in a long time.

when did this league turn so damned coddled towards all players? Sprewell used to play damn near 40 minutes a night and almost every game all season...Ewing, same, LJ and on and on... randle is 26 years old lol, not 36. give me a break

• Like 2
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

They upset because they see Randle getting 40 minutes a night and know that when they draft Randle next season he won’t play B2B’s due to “rest”.

gotta prolong that career man. these athletes cant handle that type of punishment on their bodies. theyre fragile 😉

16 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yeah because he was coming back from injury and you let rookies make mistakes, that’s how they learn from them. Playing a rookie only 6 minutes and letting Payton get 40 minutes doesn’t help anybody except wear down your starting PG and give no experience to your rookie PG you just drafted.

It's still early in the year (after a looong NY offseason) and Elf was averaging only 27 minutes per game prior to this one. He's in the prime of his life at age 26, and I don't think a few extra minutes in a single game book-ended by rest days is gonna wear him down. He played well and the Knicks won the game.

Pumping minutes into Randle (2022 UFA) and Payton (2021 UFA) really isn't the worst idea if they aren't in the team's long term plans (which I won't pretend to know) and doing so wins them games. I think this year is more about changing the culture/perception of the Knicks, and so far, I think Thibs has done an excellent job.

I think Quickley will bounce back.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

They upset because they see Randle getting 40 minutes a night and know that when they draft Randle next season he won’t play B2B’s due to “rest”.

lol i would never in life draft julius randle

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

are you a knicks fan? yea, we will see how playing him huge minutes turns out...but as of now, its equating to WWWW's for the first time in a long time.

when did this league turn so damned coddled towards all players? Sprewell used to play damn near 40 minutes a night and almost every game all season...Ewing, same, LJ and on and on... randle is 26 years old lol, not 36. give me a break

i just think pretending this team has an actual shot to do anything while sacrificing doing the right things (playing the young guys consistent minutes to develop them, potentially turn them into assets for a star, etc.) is more important than winning games in january. playing guys who probably don't have a future on a knicks team that will do anything meaningful 45 mins a game is cool now while you're on a hot streak, but again, its a huge injury risk and pretty short sighted. the fact is you can balance that way better. is 35 minutes not enough???

we'll see in a month how you feel about this. but knicks fans are knicks fans and they literally just want to win at any cost so i get it. trust me i do, lol.

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yeah because he was coming back from injury and you let rookies make mistakes, that’s how they learn from them. Playing a rookie only 6 minutes and letting Payton get 40 minutes doesn’t help anybody except wear down your starting PG and give no experience to your rookie PG you just drafted.

essentially this. like, payton is NOT a guy who you're gonna be riding with in a couple years. maybe don't play him the entire second half and let the young guy do some work? i'd say the same thing for obi toppin, kevin knox, even nkilitina. i know those guys have had rough starts and you want to win, but what are you really accomplishing winning 30 games and missing the playoffs this year? develop your youth. that's the best chance of actual success.

not saying they have to play 40 mins a night themselves but consistent playing time absolutely helps with development.

8 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

i just think pretending this team has an actual shot to do anything while sacrificing doing the right things (playing the young guys consistent minutes to develop them, potentially turn them into assets for a star, etc.) is more important than winning games in january. playing guys who probably don't have a future on a knicks team that will do anything meaningful 45 mins a game is cool now while you're on a hot streak, but again, its a huge injury risk and pretty short sighted. the fact is you can balance that way better. is 35 minutes not enough???

we'll see in a month how you feel about this. but knicks fans are knicks fans and they literally just want to win at any cost so i get it. trust me i do, lol.

we're 8 games into the season lol.... the young guys are going to get plenty of experience in blowout games and later in the season. not just gonna throw them into the fire right off the bat. also, Frank is trash and needs to go....knox is still young but i just dont think he has it...

Quickley will get his minutes eventually, i just dont understand why people expect it to happen immediately.

also, no one thinks this team is going anywhere, at least any sane fan. itd be a miracle if we even sniff the playoffs, so making it as an 8 seed would be a huge success. and to go on your previous logic of showcasing a young player for a trade....same could be said that they are doing that with Elf to trade him later in the season...

• Like 1
Just now, lacit1707 said:

we're 8 games into the season lol.... the young guys are going to get plenty of experience in blowout games and later in the season. not just gonna throw them into the fire right off the bat. also, Frank is trash and needs to go....knox is still young but i just dont think he has it...

Quickley will get his minutes eventually, i just dont understand why people expect it to happen immediately.

also, no one thinks this team is going anywhere, at least any sane fan. itd be a miracle if we even sniff the playoffs, so making it as an 8 seed would be a huge success. and to go on your previous logic of showcasing a young player for a trade....same could be said that they are doing that with Elf to trade him later in the season...

trust me when i say i get where you're coming from. those guys are all under 22 ( i think ) though so they still have time to put it together. frank has potential to be a marcus smart type player and knox has the size and shooting ability... they just need time to figure it out.

compare that to payton... i think the elfrid ship has sailed lol. no legit team is gonna trade something of value for him. he's been  putting up decent numbers on bad teams his whole career and is gonna be 27 this year.

if you agree that this team doesn't have potential to do anything of substance this year then you'd understand winning these games this early on doesn't mean much

we're COMPLETELY off topic now though lmao so i'll just leave it at this

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

Agreed. There are at least 64 games remaining for Thibs to find minutes for IQ. The guy played only 30 games in college last year, was dealing with an injury only a few days ago, and has been with the team for only 7 weeks. His time will come. Thibs isn't gonna force it. He's here to win games.

27 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

essentially this. like, payton is NOT a guy who you're gonna be riding with in a couple years. maybe don't play him the entire second half and let the young guy do some work? i'd say the same thing for obi toppin, kevin knox, even nkilitina. i know those guys have had rough starts and you want to win, but what are you really accomplishing winning 30 games and missing the playoffs this year? develop your youth. that's the best chance of actual success.

not saying they have to play 40 mins a night themselves but consistent playing time absolutely helps with development.

You picked up Quickley off WW based off his prior game and now you big mad at Thibs for not playing him. Q_Q

This is classic roto forum freaking out. The important thing is that he's in Thibs rotation!

He didn't play well and Payton played great so Thibs went with the hot hand. He's going to have his shot and get those big minute games but is going to need to earn it. I scooped him (and yes I'm a Knicks fan) and will have a long leash because the minute earning is all that needs to happen for him to turn in to a fantasy contributor

3 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

You picked up Quickley off WW based off his prior game and now you big mad at Thibs for not playing him. Q_Q

lmao this is beyond fantasy point at this talk. my team sis fine, i can stash him. just talking about the knicks rn

57 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

i just think pretending this team has an actual shot to do anything while sacrificing doing the right things (playing the young guys consistent minutes to develop them, potentially turn them into assets for a star, etc.) is more important than winning games in january. playing guys who probably don't have a future on a knicks team that will do anything meaningful 45 mins a game is cool now while you're on a hot streak, but again, its a huge injury risk and pretty short sighted. 

Thibs has to play somebody. I mean I get they are not about the future, but half the roster is not in the future for the Knicks. Only people I see possible is:

Quickley/ Barrett/ Knox/ Toppin/ Robinson/ Noel.

However as a coach, as a coach in the NBA that wants to win, as well as out a competitive team on the floor, I am not playing those guys 40 minutes a night. Especially when the owner (my boss) has paid Payton, Randle and Noel Millions of dollars to more than likely start and produce wins!

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, greatestmetfan said:

You right about everyone except Noel lol, no reason that man should get minutes.

Depends he is still young. He proved himself valuable on the Thunder. Also keep in mind Mitchell Robinson looks very pedestrian.

Interesting how his minutes will be once Bullock/Burks/Ntilikina is back.

Question is if Thibs is still in win now mode since its early in the year. Burks veteran presence, scoring punch and most importantly his ability to shoot from the outside is what the Knicks miss most. Knicks lack of shooting was on display tonight. Randle is playing well and getting trapped, only to pass to inconsistent shooters like Payton and Barrett.

Quickley looks great, can see still has some rookie nerves, hesitating for shots from outside due to playing in system. Has a good floater in PnR.

Plays hard on defense and is handling ball even with Austin Rivers in game. All good signs not bad of a hold at end of roster. But expect empty nights.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Solid game so far. Anybody know if he is starting tonight?

Looks like he started on the bench but seems to have split minutes down the middle with Elf. Keeping a very close 👀 and will scoop if he has decent second half

• Like 1

Watching the end of the game he was playing the first 6 minutes of the 4th, got subbed out for elf, took 3 sips of gatorade and went right back in, and is noe closing out the game. Thats enough for me, I scooped him

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Watching the end of the game he was playing the first 6 minutes of the 4th, got subbed out for elf, took 3 sips of gatorade and went right back in, and is noe closing out the game. Thats enough for me, I scooped him

Was wondering what happened.  I'm half watching, saw Elf in, then poof, Quickley right back in.  Guess I am also back in, lol.