NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

Not to over hype Quickley here but I found this and it shows that their 2 of their 3 best lineups with a positive in the +\- category are when Quickley is the point guard. Alternatively, the heaviest played lineups of Knicks so far are when Payton is the PG with the starting team, and when IQ is coming off the bench.

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/1610612752/lineups-traditional/?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals&sort=MIN&dir=1

That said, I'm preparing for mediocre to sub-par numbers later against the Celts defense.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Quazza said:

Grabbed for tomorrows stream

apologies in advance...

Damn Quazza , back at it again with the fresh new jinx  😛

Not too hyped about Quickley. I just do not see it and Thibs might see other things too before the playoffs slip out of hands.

Man, 17 and 8 with 2 3PM with a block and steal in 21 minutes....this guy just needs 25 minutes per night to put up top 120 value, and if Thibs ever decided to fully unleash him top 60 is well within reach. He is a hold for sure. Can't imagine the current rotation is tenable ROS 

Also I think it is a good sign that Thibs took him out towards the end of the 4th in favor of DSJ. Indicates the team values him to some degree....

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 3

He looks legit today.  Not the greatest ballhandler but he's becoming more confident.  He's getting better at using the PnR and finding guys or hitting the floater.

Anybody saying they don't see it, you must not be watching the game, and if you are we are seeing things completely different.  Or maybe you mean you don't see a path to fantasy relevance, in which case your opinion makes even less sense.  Thibs is playing both PGs in long stretches, and while he can be unpredictable with the rotations he is giving Quickley more than a fair shot.

He's already fantasy relevant in 12 teamers probably coming off the bench, and I think his involvement will go up over time, though he could have the random game with ten minutes.  It might not quite be there yet but I think it could be turning into a run don't walk situation.  No way I'm dropping him in my 14 teamer anyway, and I'll be riding the lows of the ups and downs.

Although this was a great showing in limited mins, this was before Burks return. 
I have stakes in a couple of leagues and will continue to hold, but I am not expecting too much once the rotation settles this wk with Alec back. It’s frustrating af too because he’s the clear best pg in ny smh but might be getting capped at 20-22 mins a night 

30 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Although this was a great showing in limited mins, this was before Burks return. 
I have stakes in a couple of leagues and will continue to hold, but I am not expecting too much once the rotation settles this wk with Alec back. It’s frustrating af too because he’s the clear best pg in ny smh but might be getting capped at 20-22 mins a night 

Don’t agree,  he’ll find his way to 25 mins easily very soon with room for more. Even the announcers during the Knicks game were discussing how it’s crazy he’s not already getting the minutes and how it can’t continue for much longer. Knicks do not have enough talent for this guy not to be getting good minutes. 

• Like 1

Once Burks returns, i expect Bullock and Rivers minutes to be cut. 

Quickley is their future PG and should see a time share with Elf until he is ready to take the reigns, but while they are winning games I don't think Thibs will mess around with the rotations too much. 

A few big losses with Elf playing poorly could change things pretty Quickley. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Quickley is their future PG and should see a time share with Elf until he is ready to take the reigns, but while they are winning games I don't think Thibs will mess around with the rotations too much. 

A few big losses with Elf playing poorly could change things pretty Quickley. 

Screenshot_116 (1).jpg

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

Don’t agree,  he’ll find his way to 25 mins easily very soon with room for more. Even the announcers during the Knicks game were discussing how it’s crazy he’s not already getting the minutes and how it can’t continue for much longer. Knicks do not have enough talent for this guy not to be getting good minutes. 

Anybody else I would agree, this is Thibbs...

15 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

A few big losses with Elf playing poorly could change things pretty Quickly. 

Yup, thinking the same thing. All is good when you're winning with the rotation at hand. That's a sure sign that the rotation is good. It's when a losing streak occurs and the rotation gets shaken up. I got Quickly on 2/4 teams and come tomorrow hopefully 4/4 teams. He is outplaying Payton for sure. Another player to consider is Haliburton.  I covet PG's.