NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aleksej Pokusevski 2020-2021 Outlook

mattshhh

Will we all soon know how to spell the name? He's a 7-foot floor spacer with stat-stuffing potential. Tonight he put up 12 pts, 13 reb, 2 triples, 2 stls, 1 ast in 25 mins. Not taking him yet but OKC's a special situation this season and bound to have at least one unknown burst onto the scene - I'd hate to sleep on it. He's one to keep an eye on

Edited by mattshhh
grammatical error

Not a Redraft guy but a dynasty guy. He is what Dragan Bender was supposed to be but he is too much of a stick to do anything this year. Maybe he can play SF and expand his minutes but he is gonna get owned at PF. 

I want his nickname to be Slender Man

Edited by rob0403

Shhhh. Can’t wait to hear the explanation from the guy that says rookies rarely pan out in 12 teamers. Only 5 a year apparently
, here’s one!🤔

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

He's got relatively thick legs.  His arms look skinny but in watching his games he doesn't really get pushed around.  It's not like he's going to be posting up anyway.  If he can get 20 mins a night he could be very useful in my 15 team league.

‘yes!  Everyone says he’s stick like but his legs look thicker than someone like bazley’s. His upper body is super frail though. His shot and decision making is a mess but he’s 18 with no summer league. If this guy is dedicated to his craft he could be amazing. If not, well there’s always more rookies. Not all that good for this season with % problems and tons of turnovers but a possible superstar in the future

(All of this assumes Ariza pulls an "Iguodala in Memphis" and never shows up)

Quick Yahoo eligibility question:

If George Hill starts and Dort is the SF, Justin Jackson the backup SF

Will Pokusevski be classified as a PF or C during his minutes behind Bazley/Horford? Muscala would be the backup C, correct? Rotoworld has them flipped but their depth charts suck.

How long until PF is added if he backs up Bazley? 5 games? 10?

Anyone else watch the games in the preseason and is very very impressed.

He’s that one player this year I’m kinda irrationally holding atm lol. Just wanted to see how the situation plays out in OKC. Unicorn skill set potential with full youth movement in okc...

^ I brought him back up, even though OKC didn't play, just because of his preseason potential and it's boring talking about all these chalk players. I love scouring the depth charts of terrible teams, trying to see who can give you those month or two of league winning stats.

I still remember Walter Hermann having the month of his life in spring 2007 for a terrible Charlotte team. I love finding Walter Hermanns while everyone is picking between Daniel Theis or Grant Williams. Give me usage on garbage teams or give me death!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

^ I brought him back up, even though OKC didn't play, just because of his preseason potential and it's boring talking about all these chalk players. I love scouring the depth charts of terrible teams, trying to see who can give you those month or two of league winning stats.

I still remember Walter Hermann having the month of his life in spring 2007 for a terrible Charlotte team. I love finding Walter Hermanns while everyone is picking between Daniel Theis or Grant Williams. Give me usage on garbage teams or give me death!!

I share your joy in grabbing production from the wire.  Larry Sanders was one of my faves... but there are many.

It will be interesting to see what kind of run Poku gets.  I actually think the Thunder have a decent starting lineup and will be better than most think if their bench can contribute a little bit.  

7 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Anyone else watch the games in the preseason and is very very impressed.

He’s that one player this year I’m kinda irrationally holding atm lol. Just wanted to see how the situation plays out in OKC. Unicorn skill set potential with full youth movement in okc...

I guess #IDatDude as well cause I missed out on all the other rookies in my league and this kid just may produce some goodies. Now you will have to exercise some patience and let this play out but I’m hopeful. It may not come until the 2nd half of the season. 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, mitchrichmond said:

He certainly looks like a joke out there, all his length is worth nothing if all that you can do is jack up 3s. Two years away of being two years seems  a bit generous in this case

OKC fell into the mid-2000s "we're going to find the next Dirk Nowitzki" draft trap. Luckily the pick wasn't super high and they have a million of 'em to make up for it, but this kid sucks and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think he's worth it even in keeper leagues.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex

2 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

OKC fell into the mid-2000s "we're going to find the next Dirk Nowitzki" draft trap. Luckily the pick wasn't super high and they have a million of 'em to make up for it, but this kid sucks and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think he's worth it even in keeper leagues.

You swing for the fences at the 17th pick because adding role players is super easy to do. 

He’s already got 1-1-1 in 11 minutes so maybe writing him off after 350 career minutes isn’t the best idea for a raw project. 

• Like 1