NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aleksej Pokusevski 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poku reminds me of Anthony Randolph. And I mean that in a good way. Tantalizing upside, but what a gangly mess at times. And though no one remembers, Ant-Rand was fun to roster for that half seas

Sorry if I came off s---y - didn't mean to do so. It's a preemptive hot take that could, again, be 100% wrong. Hit me up in two years and I'll buy you a beer when I am.

Jokic from Serbia, Poku from Serbia Can't spell Pokusevski without KI, can't spell Jokic without KI Jokic playmaker, Poku playmaker Jokic MVP, Poku future MVP It's that simple yall

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mitchrichmond said:

He certainly looks like a joke out there, all his length is worth nothing if all that you can do is jack up 3s. Two years away of being two years seems  a bit generous in this case

This will not age well...

Very interesting. Would like to pick him up but what happens when dort, Bazley and horford are back? Does he still get meaningful playing time? 

He's too volatile for now like a former Thunder legend. May kill your %s and TOs but when rolling is fun to own. I drafted him this year but dropped eventually when I realized that he may be skilled but the skills he has aren't streamlined yet for him to be at his most effective. The G League was a good move for him to get reps but his stats over there show he still has a long way to go for him to be rosterable. Don't get blinded by the flash. His transaction trend will be a rollercoaster ride.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

They could play SGA Dort Poku Bazley Horford no?

Very much, yes. The beauty about Poku is that he's a  7 foot guard. He's listed as a pf in espn because of his size but he slides to every position on the floor. Pf, Sf, Sg, and even point guard was what he was slotted at today. No reason to think he couldn't hold down that sf slot in your proposed starting five. And once the thunder move on from Horford and any other trade pieces they send away he will for sure get minutes.

Oh, and he's good too. Dropped Bertans for him and don't think I'm losing a step, not to mention gaining in every other category outside of 3's. I'll admit I was worried about his performance yesterday, but that was his second game back and he played the number one defensive team in the league. Grab this kid now.

12 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

He's too volatile for now like a former Thunder legend. May kill your %s and TOs but when rolling is fun to own. I drafted him this year but dropped eventually when I realized that he may be skilled but the skills he has aren't streamlined yet for him to be at his most effective. The G League was a good move for him to get reps but his stats over there show he still has a long way to go for him to be rosterable. Don't get blinded by the flash. His transaction trend will be a rollercoaster ride.

Yeah... He has flashes this year. It is going to be a rollercoaster and he is gonna raise expectations and then break your heart in the next game. I have followed him in the G league and if you want just look up the logs. Has one good game and then bad games. He lacks consistency not opportunity.

This isn't the year to own him.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

They could play SGA Dort Poku Bazley Horford no?

They could but at this moment 1 of theo maledon / ty jerome will line up as the pg/sg. I'm a big fan of ty jerome and i think hes making his case for minutes as a 2nd year player

6 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

OKC fell into the mid-2000s "we're going to find the next Dirk Nowitzki" draft trap. Luckily the pick wasn't super high and they have a million of 'em to make up for it, but this kid sucks and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think he's worth it even in keeper leagues.

So we're now writing off 19 year olds less than 20 games into their career, while playing for a franchise trying desperately to lose as many games as possible? 

Man how do people become such ultimate knee jerkers? I've watched most of the Thunder games this season and he's clearly struggled shooting the ball and is a twig but I think it's pretty obvious he has a fantastic feel for the game. I felt the same way when watching his highlights in Europe. He can easily add muscle and practice shooting but basketball IQ isn't something that young players can easily improve and he clearly has that.

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

So we're now writing off 19 year olds less than 20 games into their career, while playing for a franchise trying desperately to lose as many games as possible? 

Man how do people become such ultimate knee jerkers? I've watched most of the Thunder games this season and he's clearly struggled shooting the ball and is a twig but I think it's pretty obvious he has a fantastic feel for the game. I felt the same way when watching his highlights in Europe. He can easily add muscle and practice shooting but basketball IQ isn't something that young players can easily improve and he clearly has that.

Looks like I struck a nerve. He's got potential, but I'm not buying stock. I could 100% wrong and will be glad if I am.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Looks like I struck a nerve. He's got potential, but I'm not buying stock. I could 100% wrong and will be glad if I am.

Struck a nerve? I could care less what some random guy on the internet thinks.

Truth of the matter is it's ridiculous to write off a teenager less than 20 games into his career. I just checked and he's literally the youngest player in the entire league (at least he was at the start of the season). Not every player drafted can be Lamelo and ball out right away, atleast give the kid a full season or two before deciding he sucks.

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Struck a nerve? I could care less what some random guy on the internet thinks.

Truth of the matter is it's ridiculous to write off a teenager less than 20 games into his career. I just checked and he's literally the youngest player in the entire league (at least he was at the start of the season). Not every player drafted can be Lamelo and ball out right away, atleast give the kid a full season or two before deciding he sucks.

Sorry if I came off s---y - didn't mean to do so. It's a preemptive hot take that could, again, be 100% wrong. Hit me up in two years and I'll buy you a beer when I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably wouldn't chase.  Watched a few Thunder games (including today's) and there were a ton of factors playing into today's outburst.

Horford being out AND Maledon being out both were huge.  It not only left open a ton of room at PF/C but also at PG; the Thunder played some ridiculous 3 C lineups (a la Cavs/2014 Pistons) where Poku played the point and handled the ball, while being surrounded by Miller, Kendrich Williams, Muscala, and Roby. 

Secondly, the Thunder were missing two more starters (Bazley and Dort).  They were basically going with their bench + SGA, meaning Poku got a lot of run by default.

Lastly, Moses Brown was in some crazy foul trouble and eventually fouled out.

That being said, it's really funny to see a 7'0 skeleton handle the rock, rebound, and shoot treys.  There are so many viral vids nowadays of lanky giants who play like Poku (in the mold of Bol Bol and Thon Maker), but I haven't really seen guys who have handles and pass like Poku does.  And though I do think Horford's potential departure really affects Bazley, Roby, and Moses Brown more, I'm rooting for Poku.  He's got some talent.  I personally think, when the Thunder get fully healthy, Poku falls back into what he's usually been doing prior to his last two games, but that aforementioned Thunder bench just took out the Griz's relatively healthy team.  That probably earned some minutes.  And again, the Thunder might as well try to develop him and see what they've got.  If he can add some muscle, he might be fantasy draftable in a few years.  For now, he's pretty much just a speculative add if you have someone to drop and wanna chase potential.

• Like 2