NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aleksej Pokusevski 2020-2021 Outlook

mattshhh

Poku reminds me of Anthony Randolph. And I mean that in a good way. Tantalizing upside, but what a gangly mess at times.

And though no one remembers, Ant-Rand was fun to roster for that half season more than a decade ago.

Nellie was SOOOOO ahead of his times.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Poku reminds me of Anthony Randolph. And I mean that in a good way. Tantalizing upside, but what a gangly mess at times.

And though no one remembers, Ant-Rand was fun to roster for that half season more than a decade ago.

Nellie was SOOOOO ahead of his times.

No comprehendo ... 

lol sure. I guess I understand - but basically what you’re saying is to stay away, won’t help your squad even if the talent is there. 

Probably worth a stream or 2-3. But will hurt you the longer you hold? Is that pretty much right?

Right now he's a hit or miss. He will shoot a lot of shots, and he will either get a lot in or almost none in. 

He might become consistent later but remember, this guy has been shooting this way all through the G league.

15 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

No comprehendo ... 

lol sure. I guess I understand - but basically what you’re saying is to stay away, won’t help your squad even if the talent is there. 

Probably worth a stream or 2-3. But will hurt you the longer you hold? Is that pretty much right?

That is not how I remember the Ant Rand adventure.. Especially his first two seasons in the league. He was per36 animal. He just didn't get consistent minutes. Plus the environment surrounding GS was a bit chaotic as well.  

Poku is getting consistent minutes and his team, albeit bad, isn't chaotic. I'm not sure if his ceiling is as high as Ant Rand. 

4 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

No comprehendo ... 

Thing is, the game has changed. And Ant had a good half year his second year, I think. And Poku is better than Ant.

But yes, it’s a complete crapshoot. 

6 hours ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

Contemplating picking him up. Every time I hear Jonas or Jared talk about players in chats etc. Im always intrigued by how highly they value him. I'm still not sure why am I missing something? I dunno what to think.

Cause it's their job... If they don't pick out super exciting players to talk about what can they talk about all day?

Yeah Poku has a a lot of stat diversity and yeah you probably got him off the wire. It's just that this year and maybe next he will be trying to put it all together.

It's exciting stuff to talk about for sure.  Might be better off streaming for what you need...

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 3:41 AM, nrobinson_1984 said:

Contemplating picking him up. Every time I hear Jonas or Jared talk about players in chats etc. Im always intrigued by how highly they value him. I'm still not sure why am I missing something? I dunno what to think.

This guy is going to get some run w/ SGA out indefinitely. Plantar fasciitis is tricky and he gets good usage when he's out! He's gonna hurt you in FG% and TOs week to week but he shoots it with confidence which is only going to get better with the mins and usage coming his way and he's got the length for those juicy stocks! I can't imagine a better stash on the waiver wire this late in the season in deeper leagues!

Master Poku 

This dude does not look like a 7fter out there, at all.

And I mean that in a good way. 

I love these rookie waivers that hit, not to mention the Thunder play a packed schedule the next 5 weeks.

I'm glad for Poku and anyone who is rostering him. Always good to see young talent flourish and make a splash .... followed by the rah rah on these threads. Who knows if he is a flash in the pan or the start of a beautiful thing.

Curious if this thread will look like the Jaden McDaniels, Robert Williams III, Chuma Okeke or Moses Brown after a couple of duds lol

• Like 1

hes going off tonight again

btw, whos playin the PF spot in cleveland currently (without nance), i think its dean wade or someone like that

Edited by L3onD

16 minutes ago, L3onD said:

hes going off tonight again

btw, whos playin the PF spot in cleveland currently (without nance), i think its dean wade or someone like that

Well, Charlotte gives up the most fantasy points to opposing PF in the league (just a shade more than OKC lol)

Cleveland are currently 9th worst in that category

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

Well, Charlotte gives up the most fantasy points to opposing PF in the league (just a shade more than OKC lol)

Cleveland are currently 9th worst in that category

if nance was playing, i’d bet on nance but dean wade, cmon, poku’s gonna f--- him up

• Haha 1