NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who to target with the first 2 picks in the draft?

Hi guys,

I'm in a 10 team H2H 9 Cat league with 4 keepers. We recently switched out TOs in our league and replaced them with Double-Doubles instead. I currently have the #8 overall pick in the draft (Sunday evening). My current keepers are: 

Anthony Davis

Bam

DeAndre Ayton

Devin Booker.

Just wanted to get an idea on who you'd target with my first 2 selections (#8 and #13 overall). Listed below are the top 20 players available based on projections:

Drummond, John Collins, Sabonis, Lavine, Lowry, VanFleet, Tobais Harris, Porzingiz, John Wall, Jaylen Brown, Aldridge, Oladipo, MPJ, Wood, Herro, Nurkic, Brogdon, Aaron Gordon, JJJ, Markkanen, Kevin Love

As of right now, I'd love to get Wood or Nurkic in that spot. I know I'm in tough place with lack of guards, but I feel I can try and get some value later.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I think you’ve got to take a guard with at least one of these picks. And I’m thinking Oladipo will probably be available, so he’d be the guy I’d target if I were you. I also like Kristaps with one of these picks. He is hurt and there is an injury history, but he’s got top 30 potential so I think the value might be there. 

3 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I think you’ve got to take a guard with at least one of these picks. And I’m thinking Oladipo will probably be available, so he’d be the guy I’d target if I were you. I also like Kristaps with one of these picks. He is hurt and there is an injury history, but he’s got top 30 potential so I think the value might be there. 

Agreed with KP.....had him last year, and he's a monster. Never kept him due to injury but if he falls he's a good add