Dillon Brooks 2020-2021 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I speak for most on here we talking late flyer pick 12th round n beyond. Not much harm in that.

This dude is an absolute killer and I'm probably higher on him tham most. Love guys like him. Certainly a better player in real life than fantasy and has flaws, but he's a great late round contributer

Funny how people ignore a 20 ppg scorer who could be had for peanuts,  because of FG%   I'd rather get a guy who is a proven scorer, and can figure out the FG% later.

As good a game to rage drop as any.  Was rostering him just due to minutes and he was getting a lot of steals early averaging just over 2 steals per game. Almost positive the steals were fluky and he is such a bricklayer, hate how is shot looks too 

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

If you owned Brooks last year, you'll know he alternates between being really good -- ie, averaging 20+ points per game, decent percentages -- to being droppable, a liability.

When everyone is healthy,no way this chucher avg 20 pts per game

Don't drop him yet. See how this plays out with Ja back. Ja back should make everyone's life easier. When people can settle in their roles instead of being asked to do too much they usually play better! General analogy but just my own personal thinking lol. Some step up and take the reigns, some don't.

Edited by mtx

For me, his STEALS were the hardest thing keeping me from dropping him. I was finally able to package him in a deal as "a 2nd player", and completely happy I did so.

He was great at the beginning of the season, as I had heard rumors early that they had discussed and worked with him on taking better shots.

That seemed to completely go out the window once Morant got injured, as we started to see his 3-for-14 shooting performances.

Glad he's off my team, his steals were literally the only reason why I had held onto him for so long.

• Like 1

Had to choose between dropping him and Quickley.  I can't believe I chose him over the latter.  

Still gonna give him more chances, since he does offer decent points and popcorn stats, but oh man my FG% is getting destroyed.  His steals were really the only thing keeping me guessing on him. Watching him play is also like watching that guy at the Y who doesn't pass but thinks he can shoot.

Yup do not panic drop esp if you are in competitive 12T. Waiver is pretty dry and it’s hard to find someone with 15+ pts. Poor FG is hard to swallow I know but Morant and JJJ’s comeback should help 

2 hours ago, csklmf said:

Yup do not panic drop esp if you are in competitive 12T. Waiver is pretty dry and it’s hard to find someone with 15+ pts. Poor FG is hard to swallow I know but Morant and JJJ’s comeback should help 

Not a panic drop, he’s just not that good. High volume shooter averaging .369% / 2.5 TO v. 3.1 AST = mediocre, his steals average seems like a fluke as he only averaged 0.9 STL last year. Again, he hurts you more than helps you. Thanks bye

2 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Not a panic drop, he’s just not that good. High volume shooter averaging .369% / 2.5 TO v. 3.1 AST = mediocre, his steals average seems like a fluke as he only averaged 0.9 STL last year. Again, he hurts you more than helps you. Thanks bye

Yup,he was just benefit from grizzlies missing so many player force him become 1st scoring option,and shooting wing is not too hard to find in FA pool unless you are playing deeper league

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Just want to add on to the dillon brooks hate train, watching him play is unbearable. He passes on open jumpers to take an awkward off balance shot over a defender. He will sprint into the paint and see he can't score over the big and slam the ball against the backboard anyway. I never owned him before and I was expected bad shot selection but my god this guy plays like a guy in a rec league