NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Reddish 2020-2021 Outlook

The next stop on my kennard-huerter-vassell odyssey in search of a rosterable sg. Didn't catch the game but starters were all roughly +30 so it's a big deal that he beat out bogdan for the job in what looks to be a strong unit. You could say i have a reddish fetish

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at his splits last year. He was the, worst player in the nba for two months then the light clicked on and he balled out. His preseason was on par with his last few months. So people are excited a

I usually agree with Josh lloyd on a lot of his takes, but he seems to still be denying Reddish’s value atm. Concerns over rotations/multiple swingmen on team, etc...I think this is a situation where

I've been fairly torn on what Cam's value is all season. Ultimately I view him still as a developing player but one that could very well ramp up as the season goes on. Watching him you can tell that h

46 minutes ago, boomzdaddy said:

He looked great tonight, I watched the entire game (I'm a Bulls fan so no bias here) and even Bulls commentators were mentioning how awesome he looked in his limited minutes.  My only concern is volume just because of how deep they are.

Thanks man. I saw some clips and he def looked good. Yeah they are super deep.. and bulls are not the best at defending.. so I'm just trying to see if any of the other hot pick ups are worth it haha

• tonycpsu changed the title to Cam Reddish 2020-2021 Outlook
10 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

Reddish or Josh Jackson ROS? Only thing holding back both is minutes IMO

Reddish is undoubtedly the better player IRL and as a long term winning piece in the league...fantasy wise Jackson might have a easier way to more consistent production this year. If the Hawks move one or more of their wings through a trade though, phew, Cam might go crazy.

I personally would prefer the home run ball in Reddish (even if no trades happen he's solid as a end of bench) but can't blame anyone for going the other way

Edited by royalm
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bogie went down, was helped off the court, placing no weight on that right knee. It already had a big brace on it.

That looked weird, because it was non-contact. 

If we think Bogie is really hurt, Reddish could be in line for time.

• Like 1

Note the Rotoworld news blurb says they don't know if it was knee or ankle, but Bogie was holding his right knee.

The brace on that knee was one of those with metal and a hinge. So something was already up.

Reddish immediately went in for Bogdan.

Note that the news prior to the game was that Bogdan was replacing Cam in the starting lineup. If Bogdan is really hurt, you have to think Cam is going to get an extra bump.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Bogie went down, was helped off the court, placing no weight on that right knee. It already had a big brace on it.

That looked weird, because it was non-contact. 

If we think Bogie is really hurt, Reddish could be in line for time.

Looked like he tripped over his own foot lost balance and his right leg just buckled. Didn't look right. Hope it's nothing serious but yeeshh..

6 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Looked like he tripped over his own foot lost balance and his right leg just buckled. Didn't look right. Hope it's nothing serious but yeeshh..

Yeah man. It sucks for Bogie. Just a freak thing. Those can be the worst. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, maleman said:

Is this guy still worth holding on to? 

I'd say so? It's apparently a minor injury and his competition is out for much longer. Maybe Huerter gets in front of him but we'd need a combination of poor play + low minutes or a major injury to Cam in order to justify dropping him in standard leagues.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maleman said:

Is this guy still worth holding on to? 

Depends on your league and situation, of course.  I'd hold onto him myself (and am holding on). Personally wouldn't mind him getting that INJ tag since he's already missed 3 games.

He was playing well for the Hawks and he's supposedly only D2D.  Sort of a bummer though, since he's got a golden opportunity with Gallo and Bog out.

What's up with this guy ?
Had a good game last night on a minutes limit. Sure he's a in a great spot with Bogi out
Might claim him (3rd waiver) in 12team h2h

I've been fairly torn on what Cam's value is all season. Ultimately I view him still as a developing player but one that could very well ramp up as the season goes on. Watching him you can tell that his confidence is increasing which I also believe is evident in the number of fouls that he's drawing on drives to the rim. He knows his athleticism is significantly better than most and so when he drives he usually looks to finish strong, leading to highlight finishes and the aforementioned free throws (which he shoots well). That athleticism and willingness to drive will help his shooting percentages, ala Jaylen Brown's first couple years. He's already got above average numbers in steals and I would expect that number to rise as his confidence continues to grow defensively. That defensive confidence comes from the trust the coaches have in him and his freakish build, on full display last night and the previous games against Brooklyn when the coaching staff have him matched up with Kevin Durant.

Matching up with Durant to me is representative of his future trajectory. By no means do I imply that he is the same talent but I view them as very similar players. At 6'8" with a 7'1" wingspan I think Reddish can develop into the same type of lengthy perimeter threat with the key caveat being Reddish's shooting percentage. The volume is there already (shot 13 3pts in a game this year) but he still misses more threes than he should if he's going to take that next step as a premier level 2 guard. His midrange game is almost non existent, but if developed could be deadly in combination with his driving ability and improved 3pt shooting. In my opinion this lack of midrange game can be attributed to below average ball handling. At times he struggles to finish his drives because of his limited abilities in this area.

So with all that said I have him on my team and am holding to see if any improvement in these areas begins to surface. If so, he's only a few steps away from being the next up and coming 2 guard that takes the league by storm.

• Like 3

No love for this Guy?

At least 30min for the next 8 weeks.....

From the bench 🤔Only Gallo with already 25min and injury prone or rest sometimes..🙏 And Snell..

Bad % oki ..But I hope some stocks for a free bet 🚂

46 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

No love for this Guy?

From the bench 🤔Only Gallo with already 25min and injury prone or rest sometimes..🙏 And Snell..

he already averages almost 30 mpg this season. the problem is hes been a fg% killer so far. question is can he improve...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

No love for this Guy?

Trash FG%
Been average at best. 
You can’t be average and killing my percentages. 

He already had the minutes. The problem is he was hurting more than helping.

I dropped weeks ago, and am pleased to let someone else regularly lose FG%.

He has the cool name, swagger, pedigree and look of a pro. Just can't put the ball in the round hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...