NBC Sports Edge Forums

Potential Stat Corrections Week 15

4 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

I'm glad we didn't prepare. 

Today has been glorious fun trying to sort out the aftermath. Must have been 10,000 whatsapp messages shared between 14 of us.

We're doing Vikings kicker vs Saints kicker first to score 5 points or highest overall score. Higher seed gets choice of which.

The final championship spot should be auctioned off to the two teams, with the losing bidder being awarded the $$ and 3rd place game. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you tie, higher seed wins.   That's it.  How else you gonna do it?  Bench points?  That's dumb, you don't prep your bench with high upside guys just because you microscopically have a chance to tie

I think they meant only if they tied they'd then award .5 to the higher seed to avoid the tie

Stat corrections are in for yahoo. Was down 1.5 Corrections caused me to get the win by a little over a point. IDP league.   👍

Posted Images

Here's a wacky idea.  All 3 teams play this week (week 16).  Then next week (17), the two tied teams play each other again with the winner of that match putting his week 16 score up against the guy who wasn't involved in the tie.  That way the guy who didn't tie isn't penalized and the two that were take it outside behind the barn to settle their match.  Kind of sucks in that a winner isn't decided until week 17, but it seems somewhat fair.

^^ The reason I don’t like all these options of the 2 teams playing against each other now/week 17, or even what the OP said they settled on, is that it affects waivers/FA adds and is unfair to the team in the finals. IMO, it needs to be settled before waivers run and definitely before the first game Friday. Let the 2 teams bid for the final spot. 

35 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd imagine most offensive stats stay the same usually, maybe a few changes.

I am more concerned with some IDP changes. Does anyone know if there are a lot of tackles changed to assists and vice versa on a weekly basis?

Depends on the week, but sometimes there are as many as 60-70 changes per week...

Lots of stuff gets corrected, but yeah it is usually just a few yards here and there and a bunch of IDP changes--tackles going different directions and half sacks awarded, etc.

• Thanks 1

If you tie, higher seed wins.   That's it.  How else you gonna do it?  Bench points?  That's dumb, you don't prep your bench with high upside guys just because you microscopically have a chance to tie a guy.  You would have to cut guys like Christian McCaffrey and Julio Jones who are not on IR but will cost you in a tie...........only to not have them in week 16 if they play. 

That or just flip a coin, i dunno.  But it also is not cool to do a three way final.   100% unfair to the other semfinalist

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Kturman2 said:

A possible stat correction that I see that could have a major impact on teams with Mahomes/Kelce. Was the “flick” a TD pass or a lateral and therefore a rushing TD for Kelce? 

Uhhh you just game me a glimmer of hope with this. Lost by 1.9 points to advance to the ‘ship and my opponent had Mahomes!!

3 hours ago, Kturman2 said:

A possible stat correction that I see that could have a major impact on teams with Mahomes/Kelce. Was the “flick” a TD pass or a lateral and therefore a rushing TD for Kelce? 

Uhh i just watched the replay of it and it looks like the ball was going forward to me so I’d be shocked if this was changed😢

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

Uhh i just watched the replay of it and it looks like the ball was going forward to me so I’d be shocked if this was changed😢

i slow moed it and it looks pretty much exactly sideways along the 3 yard line to me...i don't know if that conclusion (if the statisticians agreed) would mean a run or a pass?  My league the Kelce owner won by a fraction of a point in PPR to make the finals so it would benefit me since he is stacked.

17 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

I'm glad we didn't prepare. 

Today has been glorious fun trying to sort out the aftermath. Must have been 10,000 whatsapp messages shared between 14 of us.

We're doing Vikings kicker vs Saints kicker first to score 5 points or highest overall score. Higher seed gets choice of which.

That's BS. Should be all 3 advance in a 3 way dance. Glad I'm not getting screwed over in this league

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

That's BS. Should be all 3 advance in a 3 way dance. Glad I'm not getting screwed over in this league

All 3 make the finals.  Non-tying team in finals gets 1st or 2nd no matter what.

If the non-tying team scores highest in week 16, they win.  

If the non-tying team scores least of all 3 teams, they get 2nd place.  If this happens, highest scoring of the week 15 tie teams wins 1st place and the other team's score goes against the the 3rd place game's team (who is playing nobody in the consolation game).

If the non-tying legit finalist ends up getting 2nd most points of the 3 finalists, the 2 tying teams must face eachother in week 17, and whoever wins week 17, their week 16 score will be the team that the non-tying finalist team is judged against for the championship.  

Easy enough.

5 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

All 3 make the finals.  Non-tying team in finals gets 1st or 2nd no matter what.

If the non-tying team scores highest in week 16, they win.  

If the non-tying team scores least of all 3 teams, they get 2nd place.  If this happens, highest scoring of the week 15 tie teams wins 1st place and the other team's score goes against the the 3rd place game's team (who is playing nobody in the consolation game).

If the non-tying legit finalist ends up getting 2nd most points of the 3 finalists, the 2 tying teams must face eachother in week 17, and whoever wins week 17, their week 16 score will be the team that the non-tying finalist team is judged against for the championship.  

Easy enough.

Agreed. Can't help but feel terrible for the one guy that doesn't get his stupid FGs. He should be playing for a Chip

6 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

6 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

All 3 make the finals.

You both realise that this affects the 3rd party, right? Which seems unfair.

Just follow the platform default. I guess it doesn't matter because all parties accepted the current solution, but I feel that making up rules halfway throughout the season is a bad idea. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Agreed. Can't help but feel terrible for the one guy that doesn't get his stupid FGs. He should be playing for a Chip

The Chip is for winners. 

Neither won. 

Neither can feel truly aggrieved. 

47 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You both realise that this affects the 3rd party, right? Which seems unfair.

Just follow the platform default. I guess it doesn't matter because all parties accepted the current solution, but I feel that making up rules halfway throughout the season is a bad idea. 

I kind of hope that if anyone tries that triple threat idea they end up with a three way tie in the finals. Then everyone can pick the best random RB getting carries in week 17 or something. Ties are made to be broken, not “oh well these two get to keep going indefinitely.”

Edited by donslaughtonslaught
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

Exactly. You could just as easily argue “no one won the second semi-final, so the guy who won his is automatically the champ.” 

Yeah if someone is getting screwed here it definitely should NOT be the guy who legitimately won his semifinal matchup

• Like 1
5 hours ago, wimstoncam said:

On the Kelce receiving TD, Pat threw it from the 2-1/2 and moved backwards after he threw and Kelce caught at the 3-1/2. This should be a stat correction. Watched multiple times. Hoping the NFL changes this. I lost by .55 to someone who has Kelce in a PPR.

Did you find a good video?  The only one I found was taken from around the goal line so it's just kind of guessing, but to me it looks close to lateral.

3 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

The Chip is for winners. 

Neither won. 

Neither can feel truly aggrieved. 

That's their own faults for half butting the rules and now properly preparing for ties and such. Good commishs think of all this BS before hand. 

51 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

That's their own faults for half butting the rules and now properly preparing for ties and such. Good commishs think of all this BS before hand. 

Alright mate jeez. 

A 1000/1+ decimal playoff draw isn't exactly something you bother discussing in a non money league between friends who just wanna have a bit of fun and enjoy the sport. 

Good commissioners try to make it fun for everyone and we're all having fun making it up in the fly. 

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

Did you find a good video?  The only one I found was taken from around the goal line so it's just kind of guessing, but to me it looks close to lateral.

Yeah the video I found it is clear and evident. It won’t let me post it on here though.