NBC Sports Edge Forums

KZ Okpala 2020-2021 Outlook

Been reading that as well, even before last game (Which is why I think Precious could be interesting in dynasty formats sooner than expected). He was somewhat disappointing in college as a soph - I was high on him after his freshman season. His slump late in his soph season (9/39 threes over second half of season and 6/11 games he scored 10 points or less) was baaaad. As was Stanford as a whole, tbh.

Played PG in HS and grew, what...10 inches since then? He's got a lot of interesting tools and maybe a little bit of upside. Grew a bit since his soph season from what I've heard, and he was 6-8 with a 7-2 wingspan, so curious to see what his current measurements are. Not very explosive or athletic, but rather even a bit slow on drives. As a result his ISO game is mediocre, still a bit skinny and weak - but his frame is great, and he shoulkd be able to add a decent amount of muscle. Footwork is good, BBall IQ is low.

Could be a decent roleplayer for the Heat with suprisingly nice fantasy output off the wire, but I'm thinking I like Precious more as a fit long term.

• Like 1

What do you think about his Defense ?

I read that Spoelstra used him against Siakam Lowry & VanFleet. If he'll get the starting spot i think he will get his touches because of Bams ability to pass and the Defense of the oponnent will be more focused on Jimmy and Herro. 

1 hour ago, Mj66 said:

What do you think about his Defense ?

I read that Spoelstra used him against Siakam Lowry & VanFleet. If he'll get the starting spot i think he will get his touches because of Bams ability to pass and the Defense of the oponnent will be more focused on Jimmy and Herro. 

VanVLEET....lol

I am so glad other people do this, too.

I almost always call this guy Van Fleet...it just sounds better...Can we all just ask him to change his name already:)

• tonycpsu changed the title to KZ Okpala 2020-2021 Outlook