NBC Sports Edge Forums

12/21 Playoff MNF: What Do You Need?

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

21 points from the Steelers D/ST

possible, but improbable. gonna take a defensive and special teams score probably

Hey, same exact for me! 21 from Steelers D is what I need too...I'm thinking two touchdowns would do it for us. Cheers man, good luck tonight and let's hope we get a miracle ūüćĽ

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need ONE POINT from the Steelers defense to advance to the championship game. Seems likely, but you never know.......

With Russ and Cason playing like crap, I'm down 14.32 pts with my Steelers D left to go.  Possible but I'm not betting on it...   I went 11-3 in this Yahoo Pro League and finished regular se

Need 21 from Steelers D...not gonna happen most likely. Having Davante Adams against Aaron Jones was devastating...in no other week does that happen.

Already punched my ticket to the finals in 3/5 leagues, but two are still up in the air

In one I’ve got a 42.75 point lead, facing off against Tee Higgins, JuJu and Ebron. Standard scoring so feel relatively comfortable with the lead.

In the other I’m down by 35.75 with just my Tyler Boyd left to play. Pretty much written that one off as an L.

• Like 1

In one league, I need Roethlisberger to score 8+ to advance to championship game.

In the other league, I need Roethlisberger to not outscore the Steelers D by 15 to advance to the championship game.

So if he could get like 14 points I should be 100% set

• Haha 1

I need Claypool to be held in check. Hopefully he only has a pedestrian game tonight. 

I'd like to add that in our league, free agency is with real $$ so you bid with cash. The week after Claypool erupted, we all naturally bid on him. I put in a ginormous bid thinking I was bidding too much, but I really wanted him. Turns out I was the second highest bid by less than a dollar. Nobody else came close. The guy who won the bid hasnt paid his buy-in for years and continues to bid high on free agency without paying his buy in. Not really fair because I'd be bidding high too if I never had to actually pay for anything. I will be pissed off if I lose to this guy because of Claypool. 

5 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I need Claypool to be held in check. Hopefully he only has a pedestrian game tonight. 

I'd like to add that in our league, free agency is with real $$ so you bid with cash. The week after Claypool erupted, we all naturally bid on him. I put in a ginormous bid thinking I was bidding too much, but I really wanted him. Turns out I was the second highest bid by less than a dollar. Nobody else came close. The guy who won the bid hasnt paid his buy-in for years and continues to bid high on free agency without paying his buy in. Not really fair because I'd be bidding high too if I never had to actually pay for anything. I will be pissed off if I lose to this guy because of Claypool. 

Why hasn't this guy been thrown out of the league? 

8 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

Why hasn't this guy been thrown out of the league? 

It's a league with my dad and his close friends. Really fun league. And they've all known each other for decades. I joined like 10 years ago when one of the 12 owners left the league. Apparently the guy in question has had some financial troubles for years so commish lets it slide. I've acknowledged his unfortunate financial troubles (although hes 65 and never moved out of his moms place - still lives with her and his brother in the moms house) while also bringing up that it's one thing to not pay the buy-in, but bidding high on free agency and not paying is a whole nother ballgame. They don't want to kick him outta the league since they're all such good buddies. I get it. Hes a good guy, but still, it's annoying when situations like tonight could decide the league. 

Up 21 pts in 1/2 PPR against Pitt Def and Juju. 

Normally I wouldn’t think I had a prayer, but Steelers have played in some weird games lately

Juju under 16 in half PPR

JuJu and Steelers D under 17 in full PPR- this one especially stings as my stud team ran into the backup RB power trio of Pollard, JDM, and Fournette

Higgins under 10 in a consolation (but there's money in it)

I'm gonna find a way to hibernate during this game and i'll check the box score around 11:30.  I'll be pacing around the house otherwise.