• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pick up of the year (2020)

The Andersons got tickets to the game?

He struggled with shoulder injuries and then had surgery, which basically wiped out his past 2 seasons and affected his play.  Now he looks even better than before because he's added a 3 point shot. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blue Eagles said:

Bounce back from the past 2 disappointung fantasy seasons? Normally, you bounce back after failing to live up to expectations, which Kyle Anderson has failed to do the past 2 years. 

If you've been watching MEM games even in the preseason, KA has been more assertive offensively compared to the past 2 seasons

This. He was looking much more involved last night from what we've seen of him in MEM these past couple of seasons. No clue if his role is relatively safe when JJJ (and perhaps Winslow) come back, but he definitely shouldn't be on the wire until they return. Something like 14-8 with good stocks and a few assists sprinkled in should be obtainable until the Grizz are back to full health.

2 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I hear if you watched the preseason he's been pretty good, however at times in the past he was pretty bad. Makes you wonder will this be a 1-2 week thing? Or maybe a bounce back year?

He struggled with shoulder injuries and then had surgery, which basically wiped out his past 2 seasons and affected his play.  Now he looks even better than before because he's added a 3 point shot.  He is clearly ahead of Clarke and if he suddenly loses his  minutes when JJJ returns, will be an easy drop as we've invested nothing and will have enjoyed weeks of production for free in the meantime.  I don't see that happening though, I think it will be a 3 man rotation at the 4/5 between Anderson / JJJ / JV.  As long as he keeps getting minutes I could easily see him average something like 11 and 7 with 3 assists .8 3 PM .8 blk 1.2 steals.  As an aside, Clarke looks like complete a**  has he been taking shooting lessons from the Ball brothers during the pandemic.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

He struggled with shoulder injuries and then had surgery, which basically wiped out his past 2 seasons and affected his play.  Now he looks even better than before because he's added a 3 point shot.  He is clearly ahead of Clarke and if he suddenly loses his  minutes when JJJ returns, will be an easy drop as we've invested nothing and will have enjoyed weeks of production for free in the meantime.  I don't see that happening though, I think it will be a 3 man rotation at the 4/5 between Anderson / JJJ / JV.  As long as he keeps getting minutes I could easily see him average something like 11 and 7 with 3 assists .8 3 PM .8 blk 1.2 steals.  As an aside, Clarke looks like complete a**  has he been taking shooting lessons from the Ball brothers during the pandemic.

What Brandon Clarke should've been. Kyle is looking real nice this season 

I have the former who'll be dropped soon enough. But grabbing Anderson until the wheels fall off or JJJ returns is a good move

You never know, this may be year he put's it all together. 

12 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

The talent has always been there.  He just needs to stay healthy!  Outside of JV, JJJ and Ja, every other position is open in Memphis.  Although, Brooks is off to a hot start.

4 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

More usage coming with Ja down?

Usage maybe, overall, not sure. Ja being out might not necessarily be great for him. Ja was the clear #1 target for defenses, and an excellent distributor. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a slight dip in overall production. I was liking the stability that they had.

1 minute ago, Crazycanto said:

I'm sure that was tongue-in-cheek but I would still pick up both Bazley and Keldon over Slow-Mo

1 minute ago, Crazycanto said:

I'm sure that was tongue-in-cheek but I would still pick up both Bazley and Keldon over Slow-Mo

Or, have em all!

What's the likelihood that he gets PG or SG eligibility? I know he had SG, SF, PG eligibility last year but I'm not sure what he started the season with. 

I read that he was playing some PG tonight after Morant got hurt. Would a little bit of PG usage sprinkled in help him get PG eligibility? Similar question for SG eligibility if he slides over to SG at some point when or if JJJ/Winslow return. 

If he had SG or PG eligibility that's be a huge boon for his value imo. Those rebounds and stocks out of a guard eligible player would be delicious. 

18 hours ago, cbsholy said:

What's the likelihood that he gets PG or SG eligibility? I know he had SG, SF, PG eligibility last year but I'm not sure what he started the season with. 

I read that he was playing some PG tonight after Morant got hurt. Would a little bit of PG usage sprinkled in help him get PG eligibility? Similar question for SG eligibility if he slides over to SG at some point when or if JJJ/Winslow return. 

If he had SG or PG eligibility that's be a huge boon for his value imo. Those rebounds and stocks out of a guard eligible player would be delicious. 

For a less "sexy" player like Slow-Mo it would have to take at least his coach coming out and outright claiming he's a PG, and even then it might take around a month for Yahoo to notice.  

Even then we're probably going to at least have to do the classic "speak it into existence" and go to user voice, might as well get the ball rolling. 

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/42315040-kyle-anderson-pg-sg-eligibility

Not sure if this could support his case but anything can help.