NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Anderson 2020-2021 Outlook

His minutes started to go down exactly when their winning streak started. I think it should be that way from here on out. He and Brooks are the two of the worst starting wings on the league. They should be capped at 25 minutes TOPS, even lower. Only if they go silly from the field should they sniff anything over 25 minutes ever.

The bench unit in Grizzlies is NICE. Jones-Bane-Melton-Allen and even Gonchar. Let em cook instead.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pick up of the year (2020)

The Andersons got tickets to the game?

He struggled with shoulder injuries and then had surgery, which basically wiped out his past 2 seasons and affected his play.  Now he looks even better than before because he's added a 3 point shot. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Reactionary much? 2 bad games in 2 non competitive games is expected. Ja went 12-4-2 while shooting 32% in those games. Hope y'all aren't dropping him too

Yeah but one player is a future Superstar, the other a decent role player.

SloMo's assists are drying up too ever since Ja's return from that ankle injury. 

I wouldn't say easy drop, but definitely not a strong hold either. 

He had a great stretch but unfortunatley it's come to an end. 

Valanciunias and JJJ eventual return will complicate things even more. 

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah but one player is a future Superstar, the other a decent role player.

SloMo's assists are drying up too ever since Ja's return from that ankle injury. 

I wouldn't say easy drop, but definitely not a strong hold either. 

He had a great stretch but unfortunatley it's come to an end. 

Valanciunias and JJJ eventual return will complicate things even more. 

Yes one is a superstar, but that's not the point. If the best player on the team is struggling, the whole team likely will too. I also don't think Valanciunas will impact him at all, and I honestly doubt JJJ will impact him as much also but I could be wrong about that one.

54 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

Yes one is a superstar, but that's not the point. If the best player on the team is struggling, the whole team likely will too. I also don't think Valanciunas will impact him at all, and I honestly doubt JJJ will impact him as much also but I could be wrong about that one.

Different positions, but when starters come back they demand usage.

Jval will have minimal impact, but triple J’s return will be a nasty hit.

Jaren Jackson is a stud,  franchise cornerstone only behind Morant

We already see the decline in production since Ja came back. On top of Melton getting more burn

All I’m saying is Kyle’s earlier #’s we probably won’t see again.

16 minutes ago, Mike123456 said:

I think he'll go back to being who he always was. A decent point points guy. 

Yeah he was going HAM the first few weeks - I think he'll regress to his mean, which is an end-of-roster/streamer type guy,

13 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

We already see the decline in production since Ja came back. On top of Melton getting more burn

I prefer the games he's getting with Ja than without. Without he averaged 11-6-5-0.5-0.6 on 36% shooting. With he's averaging, 13-7-2-0.8-0.7 on 49% shooting

As for Melton, let's see if he gets this much time when Grayson Allen comes back

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 2/5/2021 at 11:09 AM, hardyharhar said:

^ this is a smart guy

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mtx said:

Anyone holding onto him for long term?

It's, wait and see.. Right now he's rosterable. No point in saying today that he's a drop next week if he's continuing to play decently. If the minutes dry up, he's  obviously a drop. 

I feel like this dude just loves the 3rd Q. I often check the box score at half and am not thrilled or OK with it, and then 5-6 mins later he just turns it on and has another multi-cat gem for a glue guy.

• Like 2