NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakob Poeltl 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Trade Monster said:

He is the 125th ranked player in 9 cat. In comparison, Marvin Bagley is the 187th ranked player For all of you saying  he is underwhelming, what do you expect? He is steadily giving you 1.4 blocks per game. That's pretty damn good. Not all waiver wire picks are going to give you 20+ points a game. But this man is contributing across the board. Itay not be seen, but I also don't think they run many plays for him (although I could be wrong.) He was a beast in Toronto when giving the playing time and I think he will surprise a lot of by the end of the year. Great dynasty guy for sure, but having him in a redraft has boosted my blocks and fg%. He may not be great at the line but he doesn't go there that often.

Exactly - blocks are one of the hardest cats to find and him avging around a block and a half is very valuable. Also to keep in mind is that he was a free waiver pickup for almost everyone. 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God of Wind, Air, and Blocks.  Bless us Quetzalpoeltl 🙌

Block King in da HOUSE!

I guess it makes sense that Bruce Wayne has mommy issues.

Posted Images

He is back in. The injury happened about the time he would normally sit toward the end of Q3. Poeltl immediately walked to the locker, gingerly. He came back in Q4, talked with Pop on the sideline, and entered for about 3 minutes. 

The game was a 20 point game by then, so he checked out and is likely done for the night. 

Next game is Wednesday. I expect him to be fine. They will have to make sure there is no swelling once he cools off. 

• Like 2

Beasting, and even hit 2/3 of his free throws. I know this was a blowout against Detoilet, but if he stays healthy this dude is going to be a huge difference maker by the fantasy playoffs, especially given the Spurs’ remaining schedule.

Since he began starting full-time this season, he has averaged 8-8 and 2 blks. 

He is ranked #81 in that time. I love guys you can just confidently expect to revert to their mean.

8 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Legit i feel like i'm going to win my league... kevin porter, williams and poetl have legit been destroying opponents for me.

I definitely don’t think I’m going to win my league, but Poeltl and Williams have basically saved my season. Bless ‘em.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Legit i feel like i'm going to win my league... kevin porter, williams and poetl have legit been destroying opponents for me.

I went from 10th to 5th in one month and am now beating the #2 dude in my league 8 - 3 - 0, and I can credit all three of these dudes for a lot of it. So ******** proud of my boys.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
  • Like 2

Still, Popovich knows enough to understand the Spurs have yet to see all that former Utes standout Jakob Poeltl has in his toolkit.

“He was the Pac-12 Player of the Year,” Popovich said. “He actually scored points.”

Indeed, Poeltl averaged 17.2 points to go with 9.1 rebounds en route to being named his conference’s top player as a sophomore in 2015-16.

San Antonio Spurs’ Jakob Poeltl to give point scoring the old college try
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/san-antonio-spurs-jakob-poeltl-to-give-point-scoring-the-old-college-try/ar-BB1bPgUx

• Like 2