NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakob Poeltl 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Fun fact: Rudy Gay leads all bench players in +/- this season.

The most Pop thing would be to start a guy like Lyles instead of Poeltl. 

Yup. Here's the evidence for why the minutes are being divvied up this way.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God of Wind, Air, and Blocks.  Bless us Quetzalpoeltl 🙌

Block King in da HOUSE!

I guess it makes sense that Bruce Wayne has mommy issues.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JFS179 said:

Well Rudy Gay is now out for tonight too in addition to no LA, so ... if it was ever going to happen.

OMG, and it is a hip flexor issue.

Maybe hip flexor soreness is contagious.

Just now, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I've watched a lot of Poeltl over the years. That was the most complete game of his life. Just did what he is capable of doing.

and they won! Seems like LMA is out for longer than 1 game....are we looking at a new chapter for Spurs??

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

and they won! Seems like LMA is out for longer than 1 game....are we looking at a new chapter for Spurs??

I own both right now.. im praying for LMA trade rumors to start happening.. send him off to a more competitive team during his last stretch run.., not a rebuilding team..ala the warriors or someone like that..    and let Poeltl run!    That would be Yahtzee!! haha

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

This is SO important. Though they won in the bubble also with Poeltl and no LA, then reverted to LA to start this season. 

I hope you are right, but it boils down to the fact that LA got worse, forcing Pop's hand. 

25 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

This is SO important. Though they won in the bubble also with Poeltl and no LA, then reverted to LA to start this season. 

I hope you are right, but it boils down to the fact that LA got worse, forcing Pop's hand. 

Isnt it amazing the results that happen when you play your younger talent over your players nearing retirement.

• Like 1

Even if Aldridge doesn't get benched if Jakob strings together a couple of really strong outings. Pop leash on Aldridge could get shorter especially if the Spurs can rack up some wins. His next match up is the Rockets and Christian Wood, a solid night against them could bode well.

Edited by indigorivers
7 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Even if Aldridge doesn't get benched if Jakob strings together a couple of really strong outings. Pop leash on Aldridge could get shorter especially if the Spurs can rack up some wins. His next match up is the Rockets and Christian Wood, a solid night against them could bode well.

Even before the injury, Pop hasn't been playing LMA in 4th quarters. Blakob's trending in the right direction. 

I'm on the Poeltl train. I am guessing LMA will never start again and be trade for a pick at the deadline.

There's no one else who can challenge his position. Next guy up is Eubanks. And it's easy for rebounding blocking centers to reach their potential with more minutes. Especially those that don't shoot 3.

8 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I just begrudgingly dropped Vanderbilt for Poeltl in my 12-team league.  I honestly haven't seen him play much but the opportunity looks ripe for the pickin's.

I think that was the right move. Just keep a close trigger on Vandy. 

I dropped Robert Williams for JP myself, before tipoff yesterday. 

i also own Vandy. 

• Like 1

I've drafted this guy every season since he got traded in hope this happens. I'm a Toronto fan and he was my favourite player off the bench mob. He deserves to start, but he needs to stay aggressive for that to happen. I'm so happy this can pay off this season. I wish the best for Lamarcus, but im also hoping that he's out for 2-3 weeks and the spurs are successful in that time.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I'm on the Poeltl train. I am guessing LMA will never start again and be trade for a pick at the deadline.

There's no one else who can challenge his position. Next guy up is Eubanks. And it's easy for rebounding blocking centers to reach their potential with more minutes. Especially those that don't shoot 3.

Im a massive Poeltl fan and love his advanced stats, but I think LMA will start once he comes back. Doesn't necessarily mean that LMA plays more minutes though.

• Like 2

We should continue to be teased the ROS of what JP is cable of but I don’t see consistency coming this year. 
Now next year we might be saying his name a lot more about his ceiling and not about his floor.