NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakob Poeltl 2020-2021 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Cozie said:

We should continue to be teased the ROS of what JP is cable of but I don’t see consistency coming this year. 
Now next year we might be saying his name a lot more about his ceiling and not about his floor. 

Could be but I'm worth a flyer. He's 26 now and been in the league for a while now and this is his year. If he doesn't work out I'll just drop him for Wendell Carter Jr. that I scooped up that's currently in my IL.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God of Wind, Air, and Blocks.  Bless us Quetzalpoeltl 🙌

Block King in da HOUSE!

I guess it makes sense that Bruce Wayne has mommy issues.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, steveyi32 said:

Could be but I'm worth a flyer. He's 26 now and been in the league for a while now and this is his year. If he doesn't work out I'll just drop him for Wendell Carter Jr. that I scooped up that's currently in my IL.

Don’t get me wrong, I have him rostered, just not sure if he will remain with the the starters. Don’t know how the LMA situation plays out as the Spurs seldom do in season trades. Injuries may be JP’s path this year but his future looks brighter next year (possibly)

• Like 1

the most important outcome is that they won and he got plenty of significant run.. he cleaned the glass and gave them an interior presence. Better days are ahead!

11 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Dont drop this guy. Hes a +50% fg guy who missed all his shots. He hits 4/6 he has 10/11/1/0/1

I'm not dropping him, if his rebounds and blocks are at least reliable (kind of reminds me of a watered down Deandre Jordan with limited minutes) he will be worth rostering.

So if you average out his performance vs Cousins (he is old but is still a big dominant center) & vs a weak team like Min you get around what I estimate to be his floor:

10 ppg

9 rpg

1 apg (possibly more seeing the way he passed vs HOU but no one hit their shots)

0.75 stl

1.5 blk

low TO high FG Low FT % & Rate

2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

So if you average out his performance vs Cousins (he is old but is still a big dominant center) & vs a weak team like Min you get around what I estimate to be his floor:

10 ppg

9 rpg

1 apg (possibly more seeing the way he passed vs HOU but no one hit their shots)

0.75 stl

1.5 blk

low TO high FG Low FT % & Rate

I think he can average more blocks, closer to 2 blocks, if he's gonna average 30+ min while LMA is out.

14 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Dont drop this guy. Hes a +50% fg guy who missed all his shots. He hits 4/6 he has 10/11/1/0/1

And he also had one clean block which was taken away by bad refs. And possibly another which was not counted by scorekeepers.

It will be interesting to see how Poeltl fares against a centerless team like GS tonight. See if he can be a difference maker against the new direction NBA teams are taking now. 

If he does well then might signal the his future role in this team. 

One thing is for sure, he will score if they get him the ball in the paint. 

Edited by rob0403
14 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

I don't know if I can hold this guy long term. His ft is just so bad. I'd probably look to trade him if he gets season long value

Well i live by the old and hardly known adage . Whatever Jakob punts I punt 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

It will be interesting to see how Poeltl fares against a centerless team like GS tonight. See if he can be a difference maker against the new direction NBA teams are taking now. 

If he does well then might signal the his future role in this team. 

One thing is for sure, he will score if they get him the ball in the paint. 

Yes. If he bust tonight then we might look for other ww options

22 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Yes. If he bust tonight then we might look for other ww options

Give him time man. 2 games is not enough to just boot somebody that has a starting role and getting 25+ mpg. 

• Like 2

He was 10/5/3 last time they played and now there is no Wiseman. Should get close to a double double. Maybe a block. 

Slight chance Spurs go super small. 

Edited by rob0403
41 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Give him time man. 2 games is not enough to just boot somebody that has a starting role and getting 25+ mpg. 

In a 10 teamer there are a lot of options . So yes. Can’t wait 2 weeks or something like that

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

In a 10 teamer there are a lot of options . So yes. Can’t wait 2 weeks or something like that

well that’s different , he’s more of a deep league kinda guy. 10 teamers mostly everyone has a stack team. That’s not fun for me.