NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakob Poeltl 2020-2021 Outlook

3 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

well that’s different , he’s more of a deep league kinda guy. 10 teamers mostly everyone has a stack team. That’s not fun for me.

Still relevant in a 10 teamer if he can keep it up with 2 blocks a game. Would be money from the WW (since it’s hard to find)

• Like 1
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God of Wind, Air, and Blocks.  Bless us Quetzalpoeltl 🙌

Block King in da HOUSE!

I guess it makes sense that Bruce Wayne has mommy issues.

Posted Images

I have him on my roster and enjoyed tonight's game, but you guys might have to be the voice of reason as I'm not completely sold. 

He has no post up game whatsoever, doesn't close out games, and his offensive arsenal and free throw shooting is pretty bad. He doesn't seem like a center built for today's modern NBA as more and more teams play fast and go small.  And ultimately seems like one of those players Wenger excited about now and again, and then nothing ends up happening.

Mind you, I'm just playing devil's advocate here, and am curious to hear what you guys think ROS.  I swooped him up fast after the Minny game, but still not too hesitant to drop him for the next hot wire add. I'm also coming from a points league perspective, so perhaps his value might not be as coveted.

All that said, great game this eve! 

2 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I have him on my roster and enjoyed tonight's game, but you guys might have to be the voice of reason as I'm not completely sold. 

He has no post up game whatsoever, doesn't close out games, and his offensive arsenal and free throw shooting is pretty bad. He doesn't seem like a center built for today's modern NBA as more and more teams play fast and go small.  And ultimately seems like one of those players Wenger excited about now and again, and then nothing ends up happening.

Mind you, I'm just playing devil's advocate here, and am curious to hear what you guys think ROS.  I swooped him up fast after the Minny game, but still not too hesitant to drop him for the next hot wire add. I'm also coming from a points league perspective, so perhaps his value might not be as coveted.

All that said, great game this eve! 

14-11-4

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

14-11-4

Haha noted. But I'm.speaking to non-existent shooting or posting up. I feel like the limited skillset will make him inconsistent as he has been in the past. Again, just playing devil's advocate to see more thoughts and debate. Not saying he isn't great or didnt have a great game : ]

3 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Haha noted. But I'm.speaking to non-existent shooting or posting up. I feel like the limited skillset will make him inconsistent as he has been in the past. Again, just playing devil's advocate to see more thoughts and debate. Not saying he isn't great or didnt have a great game : ]

Spurs don't need his offense, they need his defense. Either way in 25-30 min, he'll average close to a double double with 2 blocks

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

He doesn't need to have a post game, right now he just passes to the 4 open guys around him. Then they dump the ball to him on a pick and roll again and again. Pretty consistent.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I'm not even defending him against this. He has no offensive game. The critique is true.

But, they are winning, and LMA is out. I can tell you Poeltl helps them win more than LMA, but I also have no idea if Pop agrees yet. One more reason to root for the Spurs to keep winning while Poeltl starts.

• Like 6

It's funny reading posts analyzing Poeltl. If you are ok with a few duds, just enjoy the stats while it lasts. He is what he is, like any bench player benefiting of extra minutes and not have to worry about being yanked out of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The non existing offensive game might actually be a bonus for fantasy. He wont take too many shots that aren't layups or dunks -> fg% increases. Low turnovers. Low FT.

Double double with 1-2 assists and 2 blk at 60% fg means easily a top 60-80 for the time he will have these minutes.

• Like 1

I can count the number of offensive moves he has with one hand. The tip in, the dunk, the old school layup, the short range floater, and ... er ... the dunk? All good if you hit 60% of them.

4 hours ago, crocp said:

When is LMA back? BBM has him projected to come back this Friday.

It's just the date they are evaluating him. 36 something year hold big with a hip problem, could be a while. Maybe till trade deadline? Don't know.

Draymond is out so Jakob's job is even easier.

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

It's just the date they are evaluating him. 36 something year hold big with a hip problem, could be a while. Maybe till trade deadline? Don't know.

Draymond is out so Jakob's job is even easier.

draymond flop and he gets an offensive foul.. then he blocks dray's dunk in return. It was his second foul in 6 min. The first foul was a block on Wiggins and that looked clean.

Edited by sickrookie
  • Like 1