• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God of Wind, Air, and Blocks.  Bless us Quetzalpoeltl 🙌

Block King in da HOUSE!

I guess it makes sense that Bruce Wayne has mommy issues.

Posted Images

So is this the end of the ride? Aldridge could be back after those 4 PPD games. Or do you guys think Poeltl will keep the starting job?? Those stocks are sweeter than candyfloss

8 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So is this the end of the ride? Aldridge could be back after those 4 PPD games. Or do you guys think Poeltl will keep the starting job?? Those stocks are sweeter than candyfloss

i'm not dropping him and letting somebody else find out. Holding him until the end

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

A bunch are dropping already? f--- i have a few spurs players and that's two weeks of games these guys are probably going to sit for... Does this set aldriges rehab back a bit? 

covid set JJJ back. If LMA is rehabbing in their facilities i dont see why it wouldnt set him him, regardless. I wouldn't move on from Poeltl just yet. His upsides too high and Lamarcus is taking things to numb the pain not fix the issue. We could be in for Lamarcus sitting games and missing more stretches than just this

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Is a 25 mpg role a safe guess for the 2nd half?

I mean, Pop likes winning, so he should. Aldridge has also been a rock for this team since Kawhi decided to Kawhi, so there's a lot of loyalty there. Regardless, Poeltl was already closing out games, and his development is clearly priority #1 since they have absolutely no other promising big men. Dreubanks's hook shot is pretty cool, but he bites for absolutely every pump fake and Rudy Gay can only play so much small ball C.

Poeltl happens to be the most effective defender in the league: 
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

Did I answer your question? Who's to say.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
  • Thanks 2

I think his ROS value is pretty safe. I saw a tweet recently that said Spurs have made Rudy Gay and LMA available if teams are interested in trading for them. LMA just doesn't make any sense for them anymore - he doesn't fit the young, fast-paced core of Dejounte, White, Keldon etc. and can't defend worth a lick. Poeltl fits that role much better.

I saw a lot of people dropping Poeltl but I'm holding on for dear life. I can ride out one week for long-term value, which I believe he has.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I think his ROS value is pretty safe. I saw a tweet recently that said Spurs have made Rudy Gay and LMA available if teams are interested in trading for them. LMA just doesn't make any sense for them anymore - he doesn't fit the young, fast-paced core of Dejounte, White, Keldon etc. and can't defend worth a lick. Poeltl fits that role much better.

I saw a lot of people dropping Poeltl but I'm holding on for dear life. I can ride out one week for long-term value, which I believe he has.

This .. currently 3rd and 1st in my two respective leagues.. if you're fighting for a playoff position its understandable for those willing to drop.. two weeks worth of basketball is crucial .. know that these ppd will be made up at a later date, so might be a blessing to hold for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

This .. currently 3rd and 1st in my two respective leagues.. if you're fighting for a playoff position its understandable for those willing to drop.. two weeks worth of basketball is crucial .. know that these ppd will be made up at a later date, so might be a blessing to hold for now.

That's just it, some PPD are a blessing in disguise.

• Like 1
Just now, rob0403 said:

That's just it, some PPD are a blessing in disguise.

Yup especially if the make-up games happen during the playoffs. Getting those extra games is going to be huge. 

Per FantasyLabsNBA twitter Vassell, Johnson, White, and Gay ruled out for Wednesday's game for health and safety. Hope this means Poeltl was spared and we get to see some major minutes!

Just gotta hope the Spurs still have 8 guys to play (Derozan also ruled out for personal reasons).

Edited by gymchamp
14 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

Per FantasyLabsNBA twitter Vassell, Johnson, White, and Gay ruled out for Wednesday's game for health and safety. Hope this means Poeltl was spared and we get to see some major minutes!

Just gotta hope the Spurs still have 8 guys to play (Derozan also ruled out for personal reasons).

Weatherspoon also out for health and safety. Apparently Aldridge practiced today though 😕 Hopefully they play and Pop keeps the lions share of minutes with Poeltl.

9 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

I wonder how much LMA's return affects Poeltl. 

i think LMA’s days are numbered...week and a half til all star break...we’ll see but i believe jakob should be good to go

• Like 1
11 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Might be forced into action though if they are short on guys. Maybe Pops will come up with an excuse and have the games delayed.

With Gay and Keldon out , maybe LMA plays the 4 and Poeltl the 5 ? Possibly 

I think regardless the minutes will be there, with the Spurs short handed on healthy bodies. 

If the game is even played at all.

Long term value is what I'm looking for, & I'm of belief that Aldrige will slowly but surely, start getting phased out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

With Gay and Keldon out , maybe LMA plays the 4 and Poeltl the 5 ? Possibly 

I think regardless the minutes will be there, with the Spurs short handed on healthy bodies. 

If the game is even played at all.

Long term value is what I'm looking for, & I'm of belief that Aldrige will slowly but surely, start getting phased out. 

I agree. What's LMA providing to SAS anyway? Some 3 pt shooting here and there? He can't rebound or play defense anymore. Spurs kept winning games with poeltl at C. Pop is smart and spurs want to make the playoffs and develop this young core. I just don't see poeltl losing minutes 

• Like 5

LMA might have a decent night if they go back to the old offense since they are missing players. That's just a maybe. LMA is not good in the new Spurs offense, which is getting them into the playoffs.

Samanic could get some minutes instead of Aldridge at the 4. He's healthy, young, and part of their future. LMA is none of those things and I expect him to be on a minutes restriction for a few games when he comes back.