NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakob Poeltl 2020-2021 Outlook

10 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Samanic could get some minutes instead of Aldridge at the 4. He's healthy, young, and part of their future. LMA is none of those things and I expect him to be on a minutes restriction for a few games when he comes back.

i fully expect him to get traded before the ASB next week

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God of Wind, Air, and Blocks.  Bless us Quetzalpoeltl 🙌

Block King in da HOUSE!

I guess it makes sense that Bruce Wayne has mommy issues.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, L3onD said:

i fully expect him to get traded before the ASB next week

It's going to be hard. He's been useless all season, so he might just get bought out. I guess it doesn't matter either way for fantasy purposes.

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

So, is Poetl cleared to play in tonight's game? Just trying to figure out the healthy bodies available for tonight's game

Even should LaMarcus fail to suit up, Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray, Jakob Poeltl, Lonnie Walker IV, Trey Lyles, Drew Eubanks, Luka Samanic, Tre Jones, and Keita Bates-Diop gives them nine active players

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Even should LaMarcus fail to suit up, Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray, Jakob Poeltl, Lonnie Walker IV, Trey Lyles, Drew Eubanks, Luka Samanic, Tre Jones, and Keita Bates-Diop gives them nine active players

I'm guessing some serious mins are in line for Poetl, Mills, Murray and Walker. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I'm guessing some serious mins are in line for Poetl, Mills, Murray and Walker. 

100% and will be interesting to see how LMA's return impacts the team. No Derozan so plenty of usage to go around

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, L3onD said:

starting tonight

wanna see how this works out with LMA back in the mix

Me too - LMA is not starting. Not sure if he's there to spell Poetl or will they mix in both guys at the same time

24 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Me too - LMA is not starting. Not sure if he's there to spell Poetl or will they mix in both guys at the same time

Me three - let’s go !

I’m sitting here like patience on a monument waiting for the Spurs game to start. 

This should give us a decent indication on how it plays out between Poeltl & LMA.

But it’s still a situation we should monitor. Reason being the team isn’t fully healthy yet.  

With Gay, Keldon, DeRozan + D. White still out.

That’s like 70-80% usage right there.

Not that he requires alot of touches to provide value. However it’s something to keep an eye on

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Me three - let’s go !

I’m sitting here like patience on a monument waiting for the Spurs game to start. 

This should give us a decent indication on how it plays out between Poeltl & LMA.

But it’s still a situation we should monitor. Reason being the team isn’t fully healthy yet.  

Not that he requires alot of touches to provide value. However it’s something to keep an eye on

im torn these last 45min on who to start...do i go with f***in ayton or this defensive beast...imma prolly play it safe and regret when i see jakob with 4blks in the third

• Haha 1
Just now, RunCMC said:

Me three - let’s go !

If he can pull a DD out of his hat for me tonight, I'd be super happy!!!!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, L3onD said:

im torn these last 45min on who to start...do i go with f***in ayton or this defensive beast...imma prolly play it safe and regret when i see jakob with 4blks in the third

Gotta go Ayton .  It’s just one of those situations 

Plus youll feel alot worse if DA goes off, as opposed to Jakob

If it was end of the week and you’re losing in stocks. I might sing a different tune

But that’s just me.

Hopefully both go off today & you’re good regardless. That would be sweet, as I have them in different leagues as well.

Let’s see what the Austrian sensation does very shortly.  Tip-off in 30 !

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Gotta go Ayton .  It’s just one of those situations 

Plus youll feel alot worse if DA goes off, as opposed to Jakob

If it was end of the week and you’re losing in stocks. I might sing a different tune

But that’s just me.

Hopefully both go off today & you’re good regardless. That would be sweet, as I have them in different leagues as well.

Let’s see what the Austrian sensation does very shortly.  Tip-off in 30 !

might be the first time i actually root for the spurs against the okc (thunder fan)...hope they stick with him, it’s time!!!

• Like 1

Yeah the minutes and continuing to start even with LMA is very positive. I'm thinking they bring LMA off the bench as their 6th man - he's still good enough to kill 2nd units. Meanwhile Poeltl anchors the defence with the starters. 

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Y'all gotta wait for games to finish before you **** talk a player.

nice jinx ahhhhh love it

the minutes are super encouraging most of all though

Edited by Boogie Buckets
On 2/24/2021 at 11:15 PM, Boogie Buckets said:

nice jinx ahhhhh love it

the minutes are super encouraging most of all though

To be fair, I 100% rage posted about Bazley before I dunked on you about this. I ended up being right on that one, but it's a dangerous game we play.

Considering what LMA has meant to the Spurs since '17-'18, I'm a little surprised that he's been moved to the bench. It's the right move but I'm skeptical that it will stick. There's a chance that Pop has seen the light.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
3 minutes ago, reverb said:

So I have both Poeltl and LMA now. I need to hang on both, yes?

I would actually put Poeltl higher than LMA right now. Those blocks is Golden and if the minutes sticks, then you got yourself a Stock monster which is really hard to find on the ww

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, reverb said:

So I have both Poeltl and LMA now. I need to hang on both, yes?

Same situation here. I'm hanging on to both for the time being to see how it shakes out. Best case scenario is poeltl starting and LMA coming off the bench as a 6th man where he can still get some meaningful production 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

I would actually put Poeltl higher than LMA right now. Those blocks is Golden and if the minutes sticks, then you got yourself a Stock monster which is really hard to find on the ww

Thanks man. Yeah I held thinking LMA would still need to be eased back in. But, then I remembered he wasn't even doing much prior to the injury. 

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Same situation here. I'm hanging on to both for the time being to see how it shakes out. Best case scenario is poeltl starting and LMA coming off the bench as a 6th man where he can still get some meaningful production 

Alright, until the wheels fall off then!! Makes much more sense for LMA to get going against other teams' bench players.

Edited by reverb
Grammar