NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chiefs Week 16 game meaningless? Fantasy impact?

1 minute ago, trolltoll said:

Does Mahomes sitting take him out of MVP race? I don't know what all goes into it aside from stats, but wouldn't playing so well that your team is able to rest the final 2 weeks of the regular season say something about being an MVP?

Rodgers is right there with him.  The media considers KC has much better weapons then GB.  So if he sits good chance rodgers gets it or maybe even Henry if they win out.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good news.   

for the umpteenth time ... the Walrus was Mike Holmgren! Andy is KoolAid -   

back atcha, good Boudy

41 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Does Mahomes sitting take him out of MVP race? I don't know what all goes into it aside from stats, but wouldn't playing so well that your team is able to rest the final 2 weeks of the regular season say something about being an MVP?

No way he wins mvp if he doesn’t play another game.  Rodgers already has more td’s and less int’s.  If Rodgers throws 45 to Mahomes 36 then it’s a pretty easy vote.  And I just can’t see them benching Kelce for 2 games when he’s a few yards from the record.  

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Josh Allen has entered the chat

Can't see them giving it to a QB that is a lower seed in the AFC.  Just won't happen.   But they could do Rodgers if he gets the NFC one seed or Henry if he breaks or comes close Dickersons record(5 percent chance he gets mvp, I think he will get consolation prize, offensive player of year).

3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Can't see them giving it to a QB that is a lower seed in the AFC.  Just won't happen.   But they could do Rodgers if he gets the NFC one seed or Henry if he breaks or comes close Dickersons record(5 percent chance he gets mvp, I think he will get consolation prize, offensive player of year).

currently ...

1)'Homie  -195

2) ARod  +130

3) Joshie  +2000

4) St.Russell  +5500

5) King Hendry  +6000

gimme Allen at those odds all effin' day, 'cuz i really don't give one shaved rat's nutsack who wins it ... i just care about the coin it can bag me. 

I hope the Walrus remembers 2005.

Carson Palmer led the Bengals to the playoffs, clinching before week 16 so he sat.

He played one snap in their playoff game due to a knee injury. Lotta good resting him did.

I don't know about you but it seems to me players get injured in practice more than in games. Are they going skip games AND pull an Iverson? Seems like a good way to get out of rhythm. 

Edited by this guy right here
2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I hope the Walrus remembers 2005.

Carson Palmer led the Bengals to the playoffs, clinching before week 16 so he sat.

He played one snap in their playoff game due to a knee injury. Lotta good resting him did.

for the umpteenth time ... the Walrus was Mike Holmgren!

Andy is KoolAid - 

andy-reid-kool-aid-2.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If you are going to rest players, isn't week 16 the week to do it? My thoughts would be if I were coaching is to rest the guys week 16. That way you don't go into the playoffs with 2 "bye" weeks in a row.

I have Kelce and our finals stretch over 16-17. I am expecting to get 1 game out of him-especially with him being only 60 yards from the record.  

Its also possible they play both games but are limited.  That would be worst case scenario for fantasy.

7 hours ago, Paper said:

Tiebreakers (Three or more clubs):

1. Use division tiebreakers to eliminate teams from same division  

2. Head to head 

3. Conference record

4. Common game record

5. Strength of victory

6. Strength of schedule

All three teams are in different divisions, so the first tiebreaker is skipped. Head to head doesn’t matter unless one team swept the other two or one team was swept by the other two. The Chiefs and Steelers don’t play each other, and the Bills split with the two of them. So that one gets skipped. All three would have matching 10-2 conference records. Then, you have to assume the common game records are also identical. That’s because the NFC matchups involved in this scenario only matter if it comes down to SOV or SOS, which it must. 

Thanks for the clarification but boy that’s some of the dumbest 💩 I’ve ever heard. Chiefs should still trump Bills even with a 3 way tie. Makes absolutely no sense to suddenly throw out the head to head tie breaker—literally senseless.

Mahomes MVP

Kelce TE catching record 

Hill 20 TD’s in a season.

If they are hurt I get resting them, but due to all of this I think they will play normal this week. Week 17 is a different story.

Resting your starters is good, but if they rest week 16 & 17, plus bye, that’s almost 1 month without playing any meaningful football.

32 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Mahomes MVP

Kelce TE catching record 

Hill 20 TD’s in a season.

If they are hurt I get resting them, but due to all of this I think they will play normal this week. Week 17 is a different story.

Resting your starters is good, but if they rest week 16 & 17, plus bye, that’s almost 1 month without playing any meaningful football.

Or they rest some this week and then play week 17

7 minutes ago, Breesus said:

As a Hill and Kelce owner. You guys are making me nervous 

I think it’s more likely the opposite. Sure, if they’re blowing the Falcons out in the 4th quarter they’ll probably sit their stars, but hopefully by then the damage will already be done. Week 17 I could definitely see them not playing much. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

The chiefs will play everyone. Calm down lol. Andy doesn't play that bs stuff

I’ll repeat myself from last page.. because Andy does “play that bs stuff”. From your logo, you’re an Eagles fan though.. so I guess you’d also remember. 

In 2004, the Eagles coached by Andy Reid clinched the #1 NFC seed with 2 games remaining. In Week 16, Reid played the starters on the opening series of the game (the Eagles scored a touchdown on that series) but pulled the starters after that.

He also rested the Eagles' starters in their Week 17 game. The Eagles won the NFC championship that season.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think it’s more likely the opposite. Sure, if they’re blowing the Falcons out in the 4th quarter they’ll probably sit their stars, but hopefully by then the damage will already be done. Week 17 I could definitely see them not playing much. 

It actually makes more sense to do what I mentioned. History has shown that resting week 17 on top of a first round bye can cause a team to come out flat. Makes more sense to rest some week 16, play more week 17, have your bye and then play a full out game the next week. 

12 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

I’ll repeat myself from last page.. because Andy does “play that bs stuff”. From your logo, you’re an Eagles fan though.. so I guess you’d also remember. 

In 2004, the Eagles coached by Andy Reid clinched the #1 NFC seed with 2 games remaining. In Week 16, Reid played the starters on the opening series of the game (the Eagles scored a touchdown on that series) but pulled the starters after that.

He also rested the Eagles' starters in their Week 17 game. The Eagles won the NFC championship that season.

Anyone with Larry David as their avatar probably knows what he’s talking about 👍 

• Thanks 2