NBC Sports Edge Forums

If it's anything like my leagues, pitching is the toughest thing to get.  I think it's fair to ask for both of them, but I worry that FW is just going to wash out.  If only Randy wouldn't have had the Mexico issues.  I'd try to get more or different pitchers.  Skubal a good start, but I feel like you could get someone other than FW as the 2nd.

• Thanks 1

If you can get BOTH Skubal and Whitley I would take that deal.  I dont think its too much to ask for at all.  Arozarena's value WILL NEVER BE HIGHER than it is right now.  Either he maintains his current value for the next few years, or drops down quite a bit.  Im a fan of selling at the peak, so with Randy, now is the time.  Try and maximize what you can from him right now, cashing in on the hype after that postseason.  

• Like 2

Yeah, those are the type of people you will never ever make a trade with, so it's best to just move on.  They think their players walk on water.  It's just a trade offer, turn it down and move on if that is how you feel.  There was nothing insulting about it.  I guess it's better than the other type of owner that just turns it down and doesn't say a thing.  Those are the ones I really enjoy.  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, fishingguy12345 said:

I offered the guy the trade and was told it was an "insulting offer" haha. Clearly the guy values his guys much higher than I , or many ranking sites, value them

Yeah I have people like that in my league but it would be the other way round. I’d offer them Whitley and Skubal and they’d decline. Some people are so reluctant to trade

On 12/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, fishingguy12345 said:

I offered the guy the trade and was told it was an "insulting offer" haha. Clearly the guy values his guys much higher than I , or many ranking sites, value them

You win

How often do young pitchers work out?

Maybe by age 25

Keep the bat

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2020 at 6:04 PM, fishingguy12345 said:

I think it worked out for you. I'm not a fan of Whitley at all, and while I get the one guy's "sell high" point, we don't know if it's really selling high. If you're in a competitive league, nobody is "buying high" on a few weeks of insane production at the end of 2020. My advice from the start would have been to hang onto Arozarena.

As for the owner's attitude, there's simply no call for that. Just explain why you're turning down the offer from a logical, non-emotional perspective and move on. He likes his young pitchers...good for him. The attitude was unnecessary.