Delon Wright 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok Delon do it again tonight. Do it again

That's what people said about DSJ when he was traded to the Knicks. I think it's more likely that DSJ just isn't a quality NBA player.

Fitting.  I’m winning the PO matchup in a league where I picked him up, and losing in the two where my opponent picked him up.  

hes just not a starting PG in the NBA..  you need to score these days as a starting PG.. ala why Lonzo is always on the trade block ..uggh... those rips and dimes though were so nice!  who is the PG now in Detroit to target??

8 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lucky guess 

damn look at you getting owned all over the forum 🤓🤓

anyways, i saw people on twitter debating whether or not to drop him. probably the easiest drop of all time to me, lol

16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lucky guess 

Nah. He’s right and this was def well anticipated. A trade or Hayes was gonna inevitable dent his value. On a crappy rebuilding team a guy like Wright doesn’t have a high chance of staying full season, been sneaking sell high offers for weeks now, but ppl seem to be wary, and I guess they were right to be here

9 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

damn look at you getting owned all over the forum 🤓🤓

anyways, i saw people on twitter debating whether or not to drop him. probably the easiest drop of all time to me, lol

My main argument for not dropping Delon yet if possible is if the Kings end up trading Buddy. Then I could see Delon surviving but this is a deathblow imo right now 😂 I grabbed DSJ but not loving the pick up as a steal or any thing. 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I told you so. 

I never said he wouldn't get traded just saying there could be reasons not to. I was mostly disagreeing with the notion that he would sit in back to backs and play 25 minutes per game if not traded. Is what it is though the pg position will be a dumpster fire ROS in Detroit.

Someone explain to me why the Kings would give up picks to get a guy who's probably going to be stuck to 15 mins a night? Is Was it a salary dump or something? 

I wanna drop but... are kings even less deep than pistons? 

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/sac

Nobody outside the starting unit gets assists. To make matters worse, he's a great per-minute value and could stay fantasy-relevant with 25 mins. Pistons weren't exactly Thibodeau'ing him..

With the deadline imminent, there won't be time to evaluate his role before other key players get scooped so i guess i'll just be miserable until further notice

So he’s a decent defensive player, which is what the Kings are lacking right now tbh. So I think they play him at least 25 mpg (after the initial ramp up).

I mean, I know it’s the Kings and they make a lot of bad moves, but it’d be pretty silly to give up 2 second rounders for a guy you’re not planning to play at least 25 min.

7 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Nah. He’s right and this was def well anticipated. A trade or Hayes was gonna inevitable dent his value. On a crappy rebuilding team a guy like Wright doesn’t have a high chance of staying full season, been sneaking sell high offers for weeks now, but ppl seem to be wary, and I guess they were right to be here

His contract is cheap teams were always going to call and Pistons had too many guards. Surprised no contenders came for him but oh well it was nice 

Keep in mind that Cory Joseph played for Casey in Toronto so it wouldn’t surprise me if he played just as many minutes as he did in Sacramento (if not more) to keep DSJ as low end value (at best)

Delon averaged 29 mins a game in Detroit with a 15% usage. 

Cory Jo averaged 22 mins a game in Sacramento with a 14% usage. 

Delon’s value gets dinged a little bit since he’ll likely lose some minutes (assuming Sacramento doesn’t trade anyone else). But he’s still a strong 12-team guy with his all around game. 

31 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Delon averaged 29 mins a game in Detroit with a 15% usage. 

Cory Jo averaged 22 mins a game in Sacramento with a 14% usage. 

Delon’s value gets dinged a little bit since he’ll likely lose some minutes (assuming Sacramento doesn’t trade anyone else). But he’s still a strong 12-team guy with his all around game. 

Yeah I agree. Dropping him without seeing how things pan out is very premature move.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, fabrar said:

This didn't age well

He hasn't even played a game with the Kings and we're already talking ****? Holy hell this place is ridiculous sometimes.

He'll probably drop off a cliff, but at least give it a week's worth of games before cashing in your chips. 

The addition of davis changes the complexion big time.. davis was only averaging around 17mpg but he figures to cut into delon's minutes before fox/haliburton

I now envision a scenario where delon's giving us peak kris dunn. Drops from a mid- to low-end value, probably worth a roster spot.. but things are different right now with the deadline shaking up fantasy value this dramatically. Too many enticing waiver options just to cling to the possibility that delon doesn't drop off that much. Is it worth waiting while the Ty Jeromes and Moses Browns get scooped?

3 hours ago, mattshhh said:

The addition of davis changes the complexion big time.. davis was only averaging around 17mpg but he figures to cut into delon's minutes before fox/haliburton

I now envision a scenario where delon's giving us peak kris dunn. Drops from a mid- to low-end value, probably worth a roster spot.. but things are different right now with the deadline shaking up fantasy value this dramatically. Too many enticing waiver options just to cling to the possibility that delon doesn't drop off that much. Is it worth waiting while the Ty Jeromes and Moses Browns get scooped?

Moses shouldn't be on any WW and Ty Jerome is meh 

• Like 1