NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Blake Griffin 2020-2021 Outlook

pyrlose

9 hours ago, The Analyst said:

I was shocked that Detroit traded for him with his contract and injury history.  He's not what Detroit needed.  They needed guards and wings who could open the key up for Drummond.

This guy's legs are done. He depended a lot on his athleticism. I have stayed far away from him for many years. 

To be fair he looked great a few years ago. If he regressed at a slower pace (I.e still averaging around 20ppg) it’d look a lot better. But agreed, in hindsight a terrible decision.

Also can’t believe the Pistons decided to move Wood..

23 minutes ago, rocky7st said:

Some life in him again? Or just one of those random good games he will have before going back to crap?

Will sit out the next 5 games due to injuries.

He could be vital player in a contending team (and to our fantasy teams) if he'll accept a paycut and reduced role

Officially a drop for me, just gonna stream his spot. It would be one thing if he didn't rest b2b but since he does it's simply not worth it. He'll probably have a few 20/7 games but they're far and few.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:11 AM, fachowski said:

Will sit out the next 5 games due to injuries.

He could be vital player in a contending team (and to our fantasy teams) if he'll accept a paycut and reduced role

I disagree; he's pretty much a spot up shooter from 3 these days, but at 34% (last year at 24%). Doesn't offer anything else. No defense, all of his athleticism is gone. A contending team would benefit a whole lot more from someone in his role that is actually good at it. Next stop for Blake is either retirement or CBA.

4 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

This guy is basically alternating games. Every good game he has a bad game followed by an okay game then a good game back to bad game. I mean end of bench hes not a bad player to have. No longer must start though.

He’s pretty bad for an end of bench guy unless you’re in a 14T+. Inconsistent with hella duds and rests b2bs.

• 2 weeks later...