NBC Sports Edge Forums

17 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Love to see it, but his per-36 stats currently sit outside the top 350 per bbm. Probably best to wait and see.

I'd like to say I'll will wait n see but instead I scoop and pray...lets g🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀 The🏀!

• Like 3
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better. IQ plays in a system which will not foster him. He will be hit or miss, even if he gets minutes. If the shot falls, he looks great, and when he misses, he is trash. So on 40% of nights, he wil

STOP LICKING DOORKNOBS THEO

Rotoworld has a wonderful forum but their analysts suck a**

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

This guy's just as good of a stash as quickley for fantasy playoffs. 

Better. IQ plays in a system which will not foster him. He will be hit or miss, even if he gets minutes. If the shot falls, he looks great, and when he misses, he is trash. So on 40% of nights, he will look good.

Theo, on the other hand, could be the new starter full time, and will be much more steady. Maybe doesn't have the ceiling or raw talent of IQ, but this is where the system and coach matters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, bballer28 said:

hornrimmed_rambis

As soon as the thunder trade Hill, Maledon should become the starter next to Shai. Will become a hot pick up once that happens. 

I agree. Except he is a hot pickup now. Buy the rumor, sell the news.

2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Better. IQ plays in a system which will not foster him. He will be hit or miss, even if he gets minutes. If the shot falls, he looks great, and when he misses, he is trash. So on 40% of nights, he will look good.

Theo, on the other hand, could be the new starter full time, and will be much more steady. Maybe doesn't have the ceiling or raw talent of IQ, but this is where the system and coach matters.

I believe you but I also don't think they'd be ready to fully start him while George Hill is still there. I wouldn't call him a hot pickup just yet.

Edited by tazdingo
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He will start, but is he able to produce in 30min ?

His per36 numbers : 11pts 2threes 5rbds 5ast 1st with poor %s

Edited by GrandGourou
3 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

He will start, but is he able to produce in 30min ?

His per36 numbers : 11pts 2threes 5rbds 5ast 1st with poor %s

Well, he’s a rook in the COVID era and hasn’t gotten a lot of playing time. I’d imagine those numbers going up quickly once he gets a few games under his belt ala Cole Anthony. 

He is a little bit more plain than Cole Anthony though, in the sense that he isn't flashing anything special except maybe some IQ and good team play? 

I don't understand the other French guard how Killian Hayes was picked so much higher than this guy. 

From the games I have seen, Maledon perches on the 3p line while SGA does all the penetrating and heavy lifting. They usually forget him on offense. He is not better than Killian, just in a different role.

However, if he starts at SG, he can get some stats.

If they were not playing BKN, I would be all in. The OKC teams is scoring well but is still losing so I am on the fence. 

On the other hand, looks like he might have pushed the transition to replacing Hill a few games earlier. 

4 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Scoop Théo Maledon... now... thank your past self later for presenting your future self with this rich opportunity... 

After reading that George Hill doesn't have a timetable for his return, I did just this. I'm not gonna say he'll be as exciting as Quickley nor do I expect Hill to be out long with a sprained thumb (it doesn't sound like an injury that keeps players our for long) but it would be foolish to sneeze at the opportunity he has.

Edited by tazdingo
  • Like 1

I mean I have him in a dynasty team and yes this is a great line. You should try to scoop him in a dynasty format if you have space. 

6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

He’s got good sense of what he should do and doesn't play outside his role much. High floor, decent ceiling. I can't point at anything elite. So I agree, a solid stable guard is his ceiling like a kirk hinrich's role. 

23 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Still not convinced about his potential. Even if Hill is dealt, SGA will dominate the ball handling which reduces Maledon to more of a shooter type 

"shooter types" still have value in deeper leagues when given opportunity.

27 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Still not convinced about his potential. Even if Hill is dealt, SGA will dominate the ball handling which reduces Maledon to more of a shooter type 

Watching this week's games..SGA actively looked for him...even to the point where Megalodon 🦈 wasn't expecting it and delivered...SGA is trip dub guy, looks to pass, and without a reliable 2nd scorer on the team Theo seems to fit the bill...TM could be a fantasy playoffs juggernaut and theres no reason why he cant keep the job even when Hill's back due to OKCs youth mvmnt direction...