NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose Abreu 2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Or it was just a freak accident and arguing over who’s to blame is about as pointless as it can get on these forums.

Someday the universe will die a slow heat death and everything we've done will have been meaningless quadrillions of years before then.

If people enjoy something, it ain't pointless.  

It's straight out of the Final Destination series: avoids the seemingly inevitable IL stint after the collision only to screw up his ankle the next game, when he was supposed to be unavailable.

Coincidence - I think not....

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47mz56pv4ho4rju7qnvlb

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

No comment on his season performance, I'm just really beginning to hate the sight of his disgusting pine tar covered batting helmet. What does this guy do to that helmet to make it look like that? Is he giving it a hot tar bath and carrying the thing through the clubhouse, leaving an oil drip behind him like an old Chevy? It also makes him look like a weathered smoker, kind of like how Kramer looked in the episode of "Seinfeld" when he started letting all the New Yorkers smoke in his apartment, and it turned his color to a light beige. Its disgusting.

your-face-is-my-case.jpg.18a1344573ed376bbb042071ac4d39ea.jpg

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

No comment on his season performance, I'm just really beginning to hate the sight of his disgusting pine tar covered batting helmet. What does this guy do to that helmet to make it look like that? Is he giving it a hot tar bath and carrying the thing through the clubhouse, leaving an oil drip behind him like an old Chevy? It also makes him look like a weathered smoker, kind of like how Kramer looked in the episode of "Seinfeld" when he started letting all the New Yorkers smoke in his apartment, and it turned his color to a light beige. Its disgusting.

your-face-is-my-case.jpg.18a1344573ed376bbb042071ac4d39ea.jpg

Have you seen Abreu's teeth? He would kill an old woman to have Kramer's chompers.

On a nicer note, he's well on his way to another big year. He's accumulated 99 RBI in 103 games since 2019. .290-40-140 not out of the question. Aging like a fine wine  ...... Well, other than the teeth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

OPS down to 776, lowest in a season in his career is 798, looks like the start of the decline? Still a lot of season left but I have a feeling he'll be towards the top of my do not draft list next season.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

OPS down to 776, lowest in a season in his career is 798, looks like the start of the decline? Still a lot of season left but I have a feeling he'll be towards the top of my do not draft list next season.

Yeah...I feel this will be the season I trade him in my keeper forever for an upgrade. He has served me well.

Rubber band in his beard, perfectly portioned pine tar on the batting helmet, unbuttoned jersey with gold chains around his neck, trendy wrist bracelets… Dude is more worried about his looks than his actual performance on the field.. which hasn’t been very good

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Listen I hate to do this to Jose, I really do like him as a player, I really feel like a mean internet bully calling him an ugly guy which is not true of course, he's a terrific ballplayer and will still be the 4-cat stud we know him to be by the end of the year. Just, when he steps into that box, it's just hard not to be distracted by him being somewhere in between these two guys:

Seasons 4 and 5 Outtakes - Uncensored - Key & Peele (Video Clip) | Comedy  Central US

Just sayin'.

• Haha 2