NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cole Anthony 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always grab the best player avail and worry about that later. Always. Unless it’s late in the season and the standings are locked up and tight and I really need to make moves. If I think a free agen

He shot 38% in college and is shooting 29.7% this season, if I didn’t know better I’d wonder if LaVar Ball was his father.

Point league. No cats, no care. get on that HGH you coward. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, knom118 said:

Who has the higher upside going forward, him or DRose???

DRose is alright when he's healthy, but he's been injury prone so he's someone that never really appealed to me so personally I'd strap in for the ride with Cole on this one as long as he's getting starter's minutes.

24 minutes ago, knom118 said:

Who has the higher upside going forward, him or DRose???

Anthony will surely get more minutes now, 30++. I haven't watched any Magic game but basing it on the box score, his fg% is really terrible. Now with more minutes, he'll have more usage, so Im not sure if that helps his fg%, he'll have more time to chuck the ball but maybe the other supporting stats will improve  As with DRose, as mentioned above, there is always the injury concern

I'd expect something around 12-13 points, 6 boards, 5 dimes with a steal and a 3. Those counting stats are solid enough, but he'll murder your fg%. Shot 38% at UNC and shooting 30% so far in the League, no bueno. Gotta expect TOs as a rookie point guard as well

If you're in a pts league or are punting fg% in a cats league he's definitely worth a scoop. For the rest of us, not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze tbh

• Like 3

He seems to be an afterthought on the offense. They run so much through wings and Vucevic. Has heavy looking shot from mid-range and beyond. Seems to be sloppy with the ball... Im expecting 11-12 points with 3-4 assist, few rebs and over 2 turnovers as he seems to be little bit careless with the ball.

Lmao I picked him up and then dropped him for Bagley once waivers cleared. Ugh feeling disgusted with that move but I really can't tell if he'll pick up that FG% and become a top 120-100 player.

That FG% reminds me of Garland's rookie season at CLE.

Edited by Espoiral

Yup,his FG % will be ugly and I think AG and Founier(if healthy) will be their primary ball hander.The offense will still run through Vuc,AG and Fournier (just like last few season)

I think Cole Anthony needs to find his shot in the NBA because he was drafted due to his high difficulty 3 pt shots but is weak at the Rim. All his shots seem to be short, because he isn't used to NBA.

He has LOW turnovers for a rookie PG. The announcers were even praising him for this and the Free throw shooting.

Magic will give him a shot because they already know they can't get far with Fournier anyways.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

7 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I think Cole Anthony needs to find his shot in the NBA because he was drafted due to his high difficulty 3 pt shots but is weak at the Rim. All his shots seem to be short, because he isn't used to NBA.

He has LOW turnovers for a rookie PG. The announcers were even praising him for this and the Free throw shooting.

Magic will give him a shot because they already know they can't get far with Fournier anyways.

High risk high reward for fantasy owners.. im sure many opted out on delon whose probably the only one available on most owners WW... with injuries to fox you have players like haliburton probably taken.. so due to the injuries accumulated last night.. I probably assume many had no option to fill the void of fult / Drose / Fox with cole.. not many good pg on we with a competitive 12 + League 

A question for you guys...

In a situation where you're trying to win a tight matchup with one streaming spot, do you opt to add someone like Cole Anthony (and fill the spot until further notice) or keep the stream spot open and cycle guys out over the next 4 days to try to win the week?  I suppose it comes down to whether Cole seems worth it, or if he's too raw to be trusted when it comes to trying to win the week (which isn't guaranteed either way) by streaming guys like Gay, J. Green, etc.  Hoping this question is a helpful one for others who have found or will find themselves in similar situations, even though I'm asking for... a friend  😁

41 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

A question for you guys...

In a situation where you're trying to win a tight matchup with one streaming spot, do you opt to add someone like Cole Anthony (and fill the spot until further notice) or keep the stream spot open and cycle guys out over the next 4 days to try to win the week?  I suppose it comes down to whether Cole seems worth it, or if he's too raw to be trusted when it comes to trying to win the week (which isn't guaranteed either way) by streaming guys like Gay, J. Green, etc.  Hoping this question is a helpful one for others who have found or will find themselves in similar situations, even though I'm asking for... a friend  😁

I always grab the best player avail and worry about that later. Always. Unless it’s late in the season and the standings are locked up and tight and I really need to make moves. If I think a free agent is worth it I don’t care about the sequences of games for that week. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

I always grab the best player avail and worry about that later. Always. Unless it’s late in the season and the standings are locked up and tight and I really need to make moves. If I think a free agent is worth it I don’t care about the sequences of games for that week. 

well said sir

Grabbed him - I'll see how it plays out tonight. Not super high on him, but hopefully he can put together a decent stat line. Like many have said, no real harm if he doesn't go off. Just drop him and move on to someone else

3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Grabbed him - I'll see how it plays out tonight. Not super high on him, but hopefully he can put together a decent stat line. Like many have said, no real harm if he doesn't go off. Just drop him and move on to someone else

Well, you can’t just say “he sucks” after just the game on Wednesday and today’s game. He’s a rookie and it’s been a weird year for rookies. Really, not much organized basketball since March for them, no March madness, short off seasons, etc. You’ll have to give him some time to see if he adjusts and elevates his game. 

• Like 2

Think of him as Darius Garland. Cole is coming off an injury and came back early (despite advised not to) to help his college team. Then no real off season, some preseason games, then NBA starter. Next game is vs John Wall... it's hard bro.

• Like 3

I have watched him play a few times this year and really liked what I saw.  He has talent and is going to be good in this league, but I just don't think this year will be it. 

As someone who had Fultz, I thought about replacing him with Cole, but I passed (no one has scooped up Cole so I still can monitor in case he does blow up).

But ultimately, we know they are just going to play a lot more through Vuc, AG, and Fournier.  I could be wrong, but I just don't think Cole will have the assist numbers, steals, or FG% (by far his biggest issue) to have any real value.  We will see tho.

25 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I have watched him play a few times this year and really liked what I saw.  He has talent and is going to be good in this league, but I just don't think this year will be it. 

As someone who had Fultz, I thought about replacing him with Cole, but I passed (no one has scooped up Cole so I still can monitor in case he does blow up).

But ultimately, we know they are just going to play a lot more through Vuc, AG, and Fournier.  I could be wrong, but I just don't think Cole will have the assist numbers, steals, or FG% (by far his biggest issue) to have any real value.  We will see tho.

Idk man... I'd rather nab and drop if need be than not and watch him blow up against me.

Yep, that becomes the main question I guess: how much does he actually facilitate the offense.  One problem I had watching Fultz LAST year was that he wasn't facilitating the offense many times.  He'd cross half court then pass it off and let a play run, versus this year where he's been given much more freedom to break the defense down himself.  I'm hoping this isn't a similar situation to that where Cole brings it down and passes it off and waits around as a spot up shooter.  If that's the case he isn't really giving us much value at all as the assists won't be there.

I do think you have to give him a couple games to see how it shakes out.  Like others have stated this is all very new for him and he hasn't had much time at all to prepare between quick comeback from injury in college, no real offseason, and now being suddenly thrust into the starting role.  It may take patience.  I didn't watch him in college, and I see guys saying he doesn't pass the eye test, but during the preseason he was passing the eye test for me, so I feel like he has potential.

59 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yep, that becomes the main question I guess: how much does he actually facilitate the offense.  One problem I had watching Fultz LAST year was that he wasn't facilitating the offense many times.  He'd cross half court then pass it off and let a play run, versus this year where he's been given much more freedom to break the defense down himself.  I'm hoping this isn't a similar situation to that where Cole brings it down and passes it off and waits around as a spot up shooter.  If that's the case he isn't really giving us much value at all as the assists won't be there.

I do think you have to give him a couple games to see how it shakes out.  Like others have stated this is all very new for him and he hasn't had much time at all to prepare between quick comeback from injury in college, no real offseason, and now being suddenly thrust into the starting role.  It may take patience.  I didn't watch him in college, and I see guys saying he doesn't pass the eye test, but during the preseason he was passing the eye test for me, so I feel like he has potential.

Don’t forget that Fultz was competing with DJ Augustin plus they had Isaac. They’re gone now. Anthony has to get decent usage almost by default.

• Like 1