NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cole Anthony 2020-2021 Outlook

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

Fyi this dude could be back in a week. Might have just enough time to help your playoff run.

Yeah stash him in the IR first though cause he needs time to ramp up.

Like Okeke, Cole might be in for some good run cause they need to build around him. I don't think Fultz will be recovered to start the next season so Cole is starting PG first half of next year too. So there are incentives to get Cole ready.

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

Yeah stash him in the IR first though cause he needs time to ramp up.

Like Okeke, Cole might be in for some good run cause they need to build around him. I don't think Fultz will be recovered to start the next season so Cole is starting PG first half of next year too. So there are incentives to get Cole ready.

He was all over the place, I don't think he gets heavy run ros.  They have a lot of talent to evaluate.

40 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

He was all over the place, I don't think he gets heavy run ros.  They have a lot of talent to evaluate.

Dude he averaged 32mpg in the 9 games before he got injured. Now they’ve gutted the roster and have two journeymen (MCW and Randle) running the point. Once his restrictions are off I expect him to average big minutes the rest of the way. Unless Cliff decides to try to win games, which is entirely possible too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

Again, there are no more PG's on the team, even at the start of next year, for the Magic to play. Much less evaluate. Cole will take as much heavy run as his health can handle.

12 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Yes sir. Wonder where his minutes land and what kind of shape he is in. 

Yeah I have him in IR but gonna give it a few games to see how he fits in and what the usage is like when he's healthy. 

26 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

In terms of fit I think he is Magic's future PG. Hampton is most likely going to slide into the SG spot. 

Fultz is the future Magic PG lol 

37 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

In terms of fit I think he is Magic's future PG. Hampton is most likely going to slide into the SG spot. 

No he's not, he's a scorer in the mold of Vinnie Johnson.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets gooo, he looks good and is getting more plays drawn up for him to get assists/ scoring opportunities, i think there is a good chance that he becomes their starting sg next year with markelle at the 1 and them having a lillard/mcollum type relationship in regards to ball sharing. But all the magics eggs are in his basket to end the year so i think he will have a monster finish (for a waiver wire pickup). I predict averages of:
15.5pts 6rebs 5assts 1s 0.3 blcks 2 threes on 43/36/78% splits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...