NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020-2021 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My season is finally over so this is my final rant. Shutout to my hometown team for resting players and fcuking me over. Shutout to the worst first rounder and biggest pus** in the league in AD for th

So don’t draft old guys because they might rest, but also don’t draft guys on contenders because they might rest, but also don’t draft guys on tanking teams because they might rest, but also don’t dra

*SGA goes down* *picks up Jerome over Maledon due to the analytical advantage* *Maledon has best game of career* *swaps Jerome for Maledon* *Jerome has a stronger game and Maledon'

Posted Images

got a 1st rd bye and could of gone undefeated if if wanted to (didnt stream and held out for a trade) and now im going to face a guy who has 4 game weeks from every player including his players in ir. no trades, no prior knowledge of who would have 4 games and he lucks into that. f h2h.

Just want to rant about the positions on Yahoo this year. There is a noticeable lack of sg's it seems, at least playable ones. All the ones from the waiver throughout the year has been poop to barely rosterable. While most of the good wings are only sf/pf. Wings that had sg eligible for years past like Jimmy, Kyle Anderson, Middleton, PG are only sf/pf now. Meanwhile Lebron is considered a sg somehow. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Raiiny said:

Just want to rant about the positions on Yahoo this year. There is a noticeable lack of sg's it seems, at least playable ones. All the ones from the waiver throughout the year has been poop to barely rosterable. While most of the good wings are only sf/pf. Wings that had sg eligible for years past like Jimmy, Kyle Anderson, Middleton, PG are only sf/pf now. Meanwhile Lebron is considered a sg somehow. 

They are clueless my friend. Dean Wade has PG, PF, C wtf is that? 

6 hours ago, Raiiny said:

? They have given SG to so many PGs there should be a ton of options. Jamal Murray, Jrue Holiday, Dejounte Murray, Lonzo Ball, Terry Rozier, etc etc. 

I have found SF a much harder position to fill. But then maybe our leagues are hoarding different positions.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Eltoro said:

? They have given SG to so many PGs there should be a ton of options. Jamal Murray, Jrue Holiday, Dejounte Murray, Lonzo Ball, Terry Rozier, etc etc. 

I have found SF a much harder position to fill. But then maybe our leagues are hoarding different positions.

Yeah it really depends which point guards you drafted. I notice a lot of the pgs this year are given sg eligibility, while a lot of the sg/sf back then are moved to sf/pf. But while that is true the pg's I have does not have sg given to them in Conley and Lowry. Lillard also does not have it. So it seems completely random. All of these players are drafted also and none are available as pickups. While Sf might have a similar problem I did get Kyle Anderson off waiver, and while not the greatest pickups both Finney Smith and Rudy Gay has been rosterable lately. The best sg I could find lately was Diallo which I moved on from since lack of 3's and minutes to Grayson Allen. My only other sg is Tate which seems like a godsend. 

6 hours ago, Eltoro said:

mitchell, curry, curry, white, sga, ect

Anyone use alternatives to yahoo? 3 fcuking games Turner been out no IL tag. They messed up stats with hockey it's been a sh** show just as playoffs arrive 

well, this sucks

lost murray, beasley and mitch rob (again) in the span of 2 weeks (currently in the first round matchup) after i went from dead last in the league to n2 from week 4 to week 14

So don’t draft old guys because they might rest, but also don’t draft guys on contenders because they might rest, but also don’t draft guys on tanking teams because they might rest, but also don’t draft injury prone guys because they might rest. Draft exclusively young guys on average teams with no injury history.

Fcuk you adam silver 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
14 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

So don’t draft old guys because they might rest, but also don’t draft guys on contenders because they might rest, but also don’t draft guys on tanking teams because they might rest, but also don’t draft injury prone guys because they might rest. Draft exclusively young guys on average teams with no injury history.

Fcuk you adam silver 

Now your getting the hang of it. Been my strategy for years. Works well I must say. 

• Like 1

cool...

murray torn acl

lavine rona

malik whatever bullshit they said

mitch rob broke something again

tobias & jrue dtd’s aka rest days

rob will knee soreness

trent doubtful (even tho mf tanked my fg so much)

noel dtd

who tf am i supposed to play man? swear this **** became unplayable, ill play again next year but cmon, this is ******** frustrating

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Now your getting the hang of it. Been my strategy for years. Works well I must say. 

If I do this sh** again I'm bugging you about your league setup lol 

i lost some guys that would’ve been starting tonight and some our at as well so i fielded a lineup of brunson/bruce brown/mpj/bertans/noel

bertans all of a sudden out for personal reasons

noel still questionable

three guys not playing that would’ve been starting: murray, lavine and tobias

oh yeah, and trent doubtful too on my bench

what the f--- is happening bro?

Edited by L3onD

I have 2 raptors... nice because the have a 5-game week during playoffs... then again they are resting even those in their prime so 5 might just be 3 or less... too good to dump but necessity might/will force me to do so. WTF SOB MF POS!!! 

tf now jaylen might sit as well...and rob will out...and bertans too again...yeah, cool

Edited by L3onD
17 hours ago, fantasick said:

I have 2 raptors... nice because the have a 5-game week during playoffs... then again they are resting even those in their prime so 5 might just be 3 or less... too good to dump but necessity might/will force me to do so. WTF SOB MF POS!!! 

The Raptors are a tricky bunch. I have OG in  two leagues.

One I have a bye week, so I miss that ugly 2 game week coming up. And start with the 5 game slate, perfect right.

But there are 2 B2B’s . So most likely he suits up for three games, best case scenario 4. 

Other league playoffs start Monday, so I cut him already to save my add/drops when it counts.

I’ll stream to maximize games played or scoop up someone with 4 games. 

No way will I keep OG for 2 games in a playoff week. Imagine he sits a game, you’d be royally screwed

Khem Birch, keep an eye out on him if available. He’s trending up & I’d have no hesitation dropping certain Raptors for him if things are going sideways.

• Like 2

Team has been absolutely cursed for the whole season (a recurring theme for me in said league, last year I had Steph and Ayton as my top 2 picks, lol). Looking at my league, however, it's particularly annoying that while I'm second last in my group, I could have been in contention to sneak in the playoffs if I were in the other. So not only have most of my draft picks amounted to a shitstorm equal to a cloud made up of seagulls, I also managed to get drawn along the 3 strongest teams in the league. Love it

Going into the final week of my 10 team league, we have 4 squads (including myself) battling for the top 2 spots and the automatic first round bye.

The other 3 squads play 3 squads that are tanking - while I play the squad that's been rolling over people the last month.

Oh, and I have Harden hurt and OG and Fred in the weird Raps tank mode 

• Like 1

Not only has mine team been decimated by injuries, but my opponent ends up benefiting from them. D. Mitchell goes down and Ingles becomes a star.  It is amazing.