NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020-2021 Vent & Rant Thread

DonutGiveUp

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

No sir Popovich is the biggest joke. Dude started this rest garbage and it's become worse 

I love Greg Popovich.  He has been outspoken for the fight against systemic racism, isn’t afraid to be himself and express his views, and has been a great mentor to some of the games greats.  

Sure, he is bad news for fantasy but nothing he does fantasy-wise will ever make me want to bad mouth him — he is an American treasure! 

• Thanks 1

The next couple of weeks will be a crapshoot with all the resting and star players logging limited minutes. This sucks for me since next week is semis followed by finals. 
Teams rostering the likes of Joe Ingles, Bogdanovic bros., Olynyck, McDonnells, etc will have better chances. Totally blows 

• Like 1

Sixers had 4 blowout games... and killed Harris and Embiids minutes... which might hurt me. I need them to ball out today to make it past the first round of playoffs! Make it a close game... please!!!!!

• Like 1

Maintenance! Maintenance? Damn maintenance! VanVleet killed my teams in the semi! He could provide the ast in one league, steals in another(tied), and help me win those tight matchups. If only he played. I traded for him tobgelp me win. Ironic that he helped me lose. 

• Like 1

My season is finally over so this is my final rant. Shutout to my hometown team for resting players and fcuking me over. Shutout to the worst first rounder and biggest pus** in the league in AD for that long hiatus this season. Goodluck to anyone still alive and see you boys next season 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Biggest Blunder in fantasy i have ever done.. in a games capped league..  I was almost at 80 games played for this matchup in the  semifinals .. While I was out for the Kentucky Derby last night drinking lots of Bourbons  ..  I used my phone app ESPN and I benched Isiah Stewart during the day. But it did not save instead of 79/80 games played its 80/80.. @#%&*!!.  Stewart's game counted and my ENTIRE sunday roster was useless because it got locked and I lost 5-3.. annnnnd im so hungover to boot  hahaaha .. 

Ugh this forum is therapy .  lol

• Like 1

And now my watch has also come to an end, but I’m surprisingly mello and proud of the resiliency of my rag-tag team without help from Harden, Lavine, Kemba, and Vucevic when I needed him the most.  Came in second to a fully healthy team whose Brisett is THE reason for my loss.  Will be back on the torture treadmill again next year!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

My season is finally over so this is my final rant. Shutout to my hometown team for resting players and fcuking me over. Shutout to the worst first rounder and biggest pus** in the league in AD for that long hiatus this season. Goodluck to anyone still alive and see you boys next season 

feel ya amigo

but the worst first rounder this season is by far the basketball version of rick ross.

yes.. ad sucked, but at least you got something from him during the playoffs. Harden will be the only 1st and 2nd round (? not sure) player not playing any games during fatansy playoffs.

• Like 2

Won first playoff round with pedestrian below season avg numbers and IR occupied by LaVine, Mitchell, Conley, Derrick White (dropped midweek) .... ONLY because opponent was lowest seed. Facing much tougher fully healthy foe this week. I have fingers crossed as it will take a lot of luck.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

While I was out for the Kentucky Derby last night drinking lots of Bourbons  ..  

Ugh this forum is therapy .  lol

Hit the exacta on the Derby Saturday. That helps repay all the money I lost in Fantasy Basketball this crappy year.

I think I could have won if had ever gotten my 'A' team all playing at the same time.  Last week I got stung by D. White and Sabonis being out.  K.Love, A. Davis, VanVleet , Gallinari, McCollum, Okeke and Cole Anthony were hurt a lot. I even lost Vuc late last week. The only guys that played most of the year were C. Paul and Scary Terry.

Hope my injury luck changes for baseball.

First day of the finals and Nurkic and Lonzo decided to make the worst games of the season.

On top Trae Young is helping Lonzo to destroy my FG% on day 1 and that category was one of my strengths.

I dont know why my team is always letting me down in the finals.

So I make it to the semis against a stacked team only for some of my key players to get ill or miss out for personal reasons and the player who I dropped for a streamer (go all out in trying to give myself a shot at this matchup) is picked up by my opponent and becomes a considerable threat himself. f***ity f--- f---

• Haha 1

lonzo 3/18 last night, sat him tonight since he was dtd (currently 4/7, 3/3 from 3, ballin)

monk & bey 0/12.......great way to start of my finals

• Like 2

Wow! Good game from DiVincenzo and a monster game from VanVleet. I needed that. Last Sunday! Not today!

• Haha 1