NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020-2021 Vent & Rant Thread

DonutGiveUp

15 minutes ago, brosephd said:

lost by 1 turnover because delon wright had to play even up 30 in the 4th. woulda won if stayed tied. 

lost by 1 made ft on my end as somehow pg, delon wright or lonzo didn't shoot any. 

Welp.. Due to injuries I lost 2 out of my 3 Championship rounds. It is what it is. Not complaining too much because honestly this year was hell as far as fantasy basketball goes. 

Finally got my 'A' team playing for the first time all year. I  missed the playoffs as I came up 1 win short, but my team scored 398 points this week.

The best score from the playoff teams was 353. T Rozier, Vuc, Sabonis, A.Davis all went off.

Perfect end to a frustrating year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steveyi32 said:

I won 1st place even with 2 players that played 14 min and 8 min!! Delon Wright saved my a**!

Delon saved me too !

I had OG & Garland all week & not one of them played a minute.

What a dire situation, all my add drops used already.

Dropped 3 starters on Monday , day1 of championship  week. Porzingis, Oubre & Haliburton

Unbelievable I came out with the W .    5-4 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, fantasick said:

Ah yes... cause it wasn't done with Kawhi previously right, (drafted him that year too)... yup this is the first time.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/11/8/20954096/load-management-definition-kawhi-leonard-lebron-james-fines-controversy

This too. That 5 game week would have been nice if they were committed to it but i guess not. They dont even have a b2b this week and yet stats were lost.

They won using that tactic (could be that or things just fell into place like Kawhi's shot) so yeah it may not end here. Either way I'll let someone else handle the potential headache from this team from now on.

Did you just start following the NBA? Kawhi was injured badly as a member of the Spurs and they load managed the fcuk out of him. Even before that, Spurs would randomly rest Parker, Duncan and Ginobili so you are mistaken 

• Haha 1

Well, luckily my buddy and I made the final of our league, and we decided to split the cash and not stress out the finals matchup.

That being said, if I looked at my squad, and needed to get production from guys like Fred, Ayton, Porzingis and Harden I would pull my hair out. This season has been terrible

37 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Well, luckily my buddy and I made the final of our league, and we decided to split the cash and not stress out the finals matchup.

That being said, if I looked at my squad, and needed to get production from guys like Fred, Ayton, Porzingis and Harden I would pull my hair out. This season has been terrible

Kudos for splitting the cash. Reminds me of splitting the pot in poker tournament final round. Yeah very tough with all the DNPs. I am in finals now and don't have a lot of confidence of pulling it off but have my fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Kudos for splitting the cash. Reminds me of splitting the pot in poker tournament final round. Yeah very tough with all the DNPs. I am in finals now and don't have a lot of confidence of pulling it off but have my fingers crossed.

Good Luck!!

Yea - I typically do that for most of the leagues that I'm in, if me and the other guy are buddies. it could have gone completely different in this one though lol. The guy who lost decided to go ahead and start picking up players for the championship round (grabbing Bucks guys) before the semis were wrapped up - that's Karma!!

Last rant for the season. Playing in a league with a limited waiver pickup every week.

It's frustrating how a couple of bad pickups a week before playoffs still have a strong lingering effect on my team in this final week. Wasted some of the weekly picks to fix those mistakes instead of improving my team.

f--- you Dozier and Bertans.

I’m in the last week of my finals game... not sure how I made it at all. But these damn injuries and rest days and maintenance days and the I don’t know why they are sitting out days killed me. This season has been so trash. This whole league just letting everyone rest and sit out on a whim. I can’t take it anymore! Arghhhh!!!!!

/rant

On finals week. Injury death has taken a huge toll on my roster. Cant believe I’m fishing FA pool for players who can maybe score 15pts when my team was scoring at will. 

Since most peeps on this board are done with finals and not checking this board I’m probably talking to myself lol. It’s all good. I’ll just keep on praying for some luck until Sunday

57 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

On finals week. Injury death has taken a huge toll on my roster. Cant believe I’m fishing FA pool for players who can maybe score 15pts when my team was scoring at will. 

Since most peeps on this board are done with finals and not checking this board I’m probably talking to myself lol. It’s all good. I’ll just keep on praying for some luck until Sunday

man i feel for ya its often at this point of year who can stay healthiest the longest. compared to most of my league ive been ok (just had ingram/barnes & lonzo) go down this week but i feel im so close to winning but now ayton & holmes go down & now we have the few days of death coming up of ppl being rested for playoffs or because team is being eliminated. 

• Like 1

Raptors designating Trent and Boucher as available and then proceeding to just smugly bench them ****** me out of the first decent points league performance by RoCo in a long while, not to mention I'm in a final series where every match is of the essence. Hope they get relocated to Alaska

• Haha 2

So I really fell for the same **** two days in a row. You'd think they'd manage to play some of their rotation players, it's not even the fact that they're resting stars... but no. Neither on the injury report nor on the court. Tanking is so counterintuitive and if teams start throwing in the towel some 30 odd games into the season and rolling up their talents in bubble wrap, why not take it a step further? Draft a lottery pick and just not play him ever, because it's not as if some of these franchises are likely to win any championships. I hope every Toronto and OKC draft pick is just a different-looking Brian Scalabrine regen. They can also look all the same FWIW.

Props to Flynn though, solid effort.

• Like 1

Penultimate matchday: in addition to all the well-detailed (or well-emoted, at least) f***ery by the Raptors above, my last hopes were probably extinguished by Harden attempting four(!) shots all game (this is a points league we're talking about), PJ Washedington contributing one fantasy point thanks to his brilliant shooting, and Butler missing the game. My opponent has Bam... only a miracle tomorrow would give me a chance of the chip at this rate.

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

Penultimate matchday: in addition to all the well-detailed (or well-emoted, at least) f***ery by the Raptors above, my last hopes were probably extinguished by Harden attempting four(!) shots all game (this is a points league we're talking about), PJ Washedington contributing one fantasy point thanks to his brilliant shooting, and Butler missing the game. My opponent has Bam... only a miracle tomorrow would give me a chance of the chip at this rate.

Sorry about my Raps’ f***ery. Rooting for a miracle for you tomorrow!

• Thanks 1