2020-2021 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop watching, or stop bitching.

Right when I complain about them, they drop a decent line. So I'll continue to complain about them. Come on Bryant, Westbrook misses a game and you still can't get double digit boards???

Cole Anthony PPD marcus smart PPD nikola vucevic PPD bojan bogdanovic PPD Kyrie Irving MIA   Opponent: fully healthy    f--- me in the a**

Posted Images

18 hours ago, QingJames said:

Boucher is trash, he’s not good and the only people who rate him don’t actually watch him play. He’s a third string guy, nothing more. Len did a serviceable job on Embiid last night but we have a dearth of good centres for sure.

As for Davis, I think they’re purposefully not trying to invest too much playing time into him because he’s an idiot (anti-masker) and an (alleged) domestic abuser who may very well be facing jail time soon, so it makes more sense to develop guys like Powell and Thomas.

The only real criticism I have for Nurse thus far is that he’s not playing Flynn. FVV isn’t a real PG and the ball movement grinds to a halt when he’s the primary playmaker on the floor.

I don't think Boucher is trash. i think Baynes and Len are trash. I don't know what game you werewatching but neither Len or Baynes could guard Embiid. All they did was fou; him. He shot 16 ft's/ Boucher could have done that and maybe scored some. Isn't Powell developed already. We know what he is. A 3 point shooter who isn't very good. I think the team overall isn't very good. Van Fleet and Siakam have plateaued. We know what they are. Nothing special. It's Lowry and then everybody else. They really miss Ibaka. Don't get me wrong. I don't think Boucher is anything special but I think he's a better option than Baynes or Len.

Edited by azeri98
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I don't think Boucher is trash. i think Baynes and Len are trash. I don't know what game you werewatching but neither Len or Baynes could guard Embiid. All they did was fou; him. He shot 16 ft's/ Boucher could have done that and maybe scored some. Isn't Powell developed already. We know what he is. A 3 point shooter who isn't very good. I think the team overall isn't very good. Van Fleet and Siakam have plateaued. We know what they are. Nothing special. It's Lowry and then everybody else. They really miss Ibaka. Don't get me wrong. I don't think Boucher is anything special but I think he's a better option than Baynes or Len.

Right now Nurse’s rotations are comical. Needs to make Flynn first guy off the bench. FVV is not a pure point guard and outside Lowry no one can create on the team. Masai will either have to blow the roster up or go out and make a big splash before it’s too late 

8 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Baynes was really bad last game I agree, but he’s obviously a much better player than Boucher and it would be laughable to suggest otherwise. Len was actually serviceable. He was a big body on Embiid and prevent him from just posting up over and over, and he also provided a spark on offense. Yes he fouled Embiid some but it’s pretty hard to guard a 300lb dude who also happens to get some of the softest calls in the league.

The rest of your post is just reactionary. A player can’t develop more once they hit 27? Powell took a big leap last year, if he was able to replicate that performance with fewer missed games I’d consider him developed further. He was a really good scorer off the bench last year so I wouldn’t say he isn’t good. Saying FVV and Siakam have plateaued after a rough opening 3 games is also just ridiculous.

But ultimately, you’re just wrong that Boucher is a better option than Baynes. Baynes is a far superior player to him and Boucher will never approach Baynes’ level. Boucher may be better than Len, but we’ll have to see as the season progresses.

15 minutes ago, QingJames said:

Baynes was really bad last game I agree, but he’s obviously a much better player than Boucher and it would be laughable to suggest otherwise. Len was actually serviceable. He was a big body on Embiid and prevent him from just posting up over and over, and he also provided a spark on offense. Yes he fouled Embiid some but it’s pretty hard to guard a 300lb dude who also happens to get some of the softest calls in the league.

The rest of your post is just reactionary. A player can’t develop more once they hit 27? Powell took a big leap last year, if he was able to replicate that performance with fewer missed games I’d consider him developed further. He was a really good scorer off the bench last year so I wouldn’t say he isn’t good. Saying FVV and Siakam have plateaued after a rough opening 3 games is also just ridiculous.

But ultimately, you’re just wrong that Boucher is a better option than Baynes. Baynes is a far superior player to him and Boucher will never approach Baynes’ level. Boucher may be better than Len, but we’ll have to see as the season progresses.

Hilarious the way you talk about Baynes you would think he is some strong big man in the league when he is actually a garbage can that has never played more than 22 min per game in his career because he is not good enough to play more minutes than that. Career averages of 6 pts 4.5 rebs 0.5 blks 0.2 steals lmao

19 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Hilarious the way you talk about Baynes you would think he is some strong big man in the league when he is actually a garbage can that has never played more than 22 min per game in his career because he is not good enough to play more minutes than that. Career averages of 6 pts 4.5 rebs 0.5 blks 0.2 steals lmao

And yet he looks like prime Hakeem compared to Boucher.

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Right now Nurse’s rotations are comical. Needs to make Flynn first guy off the bench. FVV is not a pure point guard and outside Lowry no one can create on the team. Masai will either have to blow the roster up or go out and make a big splash before it’s too late 

Yeah Raps are really stuck somewhere in the middle at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if Webster does make a big splash. We have no shot creators which makes it so hard to generate any offense in the half court (painful to watch as well). I'm not sold on Siakam as a first option and he has clearly regressed from a year ago. Masai & Webster are not ones to shy away from making any big moves as we saw with Kawhi and i'm sure they're working on creative ways to land someone that can help here.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1
Just now, sharkpotato said:

Yeah Raps are really stuck somewhere in the middle at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if Webster does make a big splash. We have no shot creators which makes it so hard to generate any offense in the half court. I'm not sold on Siakam as a first option and he has clearly regressed from a year ago. Masai & Webster are not ones to shy away from making any big moves as we saw with Kawhi and i'm sure they're working on creative ways to land someone that can help here.

Agreed on Siakam he has lost all his confidence. The shot creation is an issue because Nurse would rather throw out Thomas, Powell or Johnson (WTF) over Flynn. I think the big mistake was not trading Powell while he had value and not getting a proper starting starter. I love Baynes but he has no business starting

• Like 1
2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

Raptors are known for finding and developing talent outside the lottery (Siakam, FVV, OG).

Raptors are also known for recognizing early which players have potential (rumor has it that Spurs wanted OG in the Kawhi trade and that was rejected by Raptors).

Boucher has been with Raptors since 2018 and all he got is one year contract with team option for second year.

Connect the dots...

IRL  Boucher is not good enough to contribute on the nightly basis. 

In fantasy Boucher can be productive IF he gets 15-20 MPG.

Edited by Gile Pile

Ok so how about this for a vent/rant: it feels like half the guys I drafted have outlook threads here asking whether to drop lol. Looked it up and I have all of these guys rostered across my various teams:

- Nurk

- Capela

-Draymond

- Bledsoe 

- Noel 

Thankfully I didn’t reach for any of them except for Bledsoe whom I impulsively grabbed with pick 80 in my primary money league oof 

hating myself for making stupid draft decisions based on gut and not logic lol. gonna haunt me looking at box scores all season.

• simmons over paul george
  • covington over christian wood (thought i can sneak drafting him if he fell since ESPN had him ranked low. this one hurts the most).
  • didn't grab mikal bridges when he was available and now he's putting up gems and 3rd round value nightly. 
Edited by brosephd
22 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Raptors are known for finding and developing talent outside the lottery (Siakam, FVV, OG).

Raptors are also known for recognizing early which players have potential (rumor has it that Spurs wanted OG in the Kawhi trade and that was rejected by Raptors).

Boucher has been with Raptors since 2018 and all he got is one year contract with team option for second year.

Connect the dots...

IRL  Boucher is not good enough to contribute on the nightly basis. 

In fantasy Boucher can be productive IF he gets 15-20 MPG.

Don't disagree but I think Boucher is a better option than Baynes or Len at this point

23 hours ago, QingJames said:

Baynes was terrible again last night while Boucher was sevicable. The fact that you think Baynes is a better player is laughable FVV and Siakam have plateued. They will not get any better than they were last year.

ESPN is hot garbage with their INJ tag during normal seasons and this year is already shaping up to be a complete disaster with the NBA's health and safety covid protocol.  It's already being applied inconsistently, e.g. ESPN assigned MPJ an O tag today because he's in the protocol and ineligible to play for 7 days.  Meanwhile Tomas Satoransky has a DTD tag despite being in the very same protocol because ESPN seems to think he might somehow play on Sunday.  Satoransky played Tuesday and so the earliest he could've been placed in the protocol was Wednesday.  He missed Thursday's game, will miss Friday's game tonight, and still won't be eligible to play his next game on Sunday as per ESPN's own reasoning in giving MPJ an O tag (i.e. that covid protocol ineligibility lasts 7 days)

And yet here we sit with Satoransky having a DTD tag while already having missed a game and being ruled out for tonight due to covid protocol, while MPJ has an O tag due to covid protocol despite not having missed any games yet

**** is maddening 

Not really a vent or rant, but have any of you joined a new, already established league and everyone automatically thinks you don’t know basketball based of their trade offers? They don’t even bother to look how you drafted. Just got offered Teague and Millsap for KAT. We have IL spots which makes this the worst trade offer I’ve ever been given in my 10+ years of playing fantasy basketball.

• Haha 2

League just vetoed a trade I had with another guy, LaVine + Nance for KAT. This is a H2H most categories league so I thought it was a good calculated risk to lose a bunch of weeks now and try to make the playoffs when KAT gets healthy. The guy I was trading with also had a crippled roster (KAT and JA and Toppin) and was interested in acquiring players that could get him wins now. League vetoed this immediately, no discussion, nothing. Very frustrating because it feels like it is going to be impossible to make big trades or meaningfully improve if the top teams are just going to veto every trade involving a big name.

• Like 1

KAT Hurt

Embiid Irving resting games

Burks DTD

Now MPJ out a week

I'm happy to lose 4-5 this week but I'm going to lose 2-7 by a small handful of stats............ so frustrating!!