NBC Sports Edge Forums

Onyeka Okongwu 2020-2021 Outlook

23 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

No preseason and training camp. Is it possible he can have any fantasy relevancy this season ?

He'll only see substantial minutes if Capela gets hurt or if Collins gets hurt or traded(actually a very realistic possibility)... 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Like 1
Just now, Gorgeous George said:

In fairness he's the only big that can defend,  so I think he'll get minutes. 

Capela is a plus defender. As long as Capela, Collins, and Gallinari are on the roster and upright Okungwu probably won't get any more than 20 minutes a game. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Onyeka Okongwu 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

Same Josh Lloyd who was touting Killian Hayes, who was literally the worst player getting regular minutes in the NBA before he got hurt?

Yeah I was also on killian Hayes boat but he can’t be wrong both times right? 

12 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Yeah I was also on killian Hayes boat but he can’t be wrong both times right? 

When Gallinari comes back, I just think there will not be many consistent path to mins for a consistent role on a 12 teamer. Unless something drastic happens from now until Gallinari comes back (or a trade on the frontcourt) I think he may just be a deeper league guy this yr. Def have him stashed in all non-12 teamers though.

What i didn't like about the above video showing the possessions is that he didn't once roll hard to the rim. Just kind of stood in place after the pick with his hands open even when he had clear path to roll hard when they doubled the ball handler. Which is odd because that to me seems like something which would have been drilled into him in college no? I havn't watched his college games but anyone know if he prefers to the pick and pop vs the pick and roll?