NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Rose 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's definitely in store for a hot game.   Bigger picture, I wonder if a team jumps the gun on a trade for a microwave off the bench instead of having to compete with multiple teams for Alec

Wasn't Rose Minny's sixth man during Thib's time there? Played 27 min, 18 points/4 assists/0.6 steals/1.1 threes 

Hes getting minutes with bench. Taking austin rivers minutes and getting the ball out of Alex Burks hands. Playing alongiside IQ. It will be interesting with Payton. Payton is better defender tha

I have had him the last two years but not this year. 

He is fantastic as long as he doesn't get worn down. His body is not up to 30+ min a game for any duration. Detroit and Minn both tried the 30+ min and he broke down. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nazyef said:

Well, Killian Hayes probably out for a game or so at least with an ankle injury. How you guys feeling about Rose?

He's definitely in store for a hot game.

Bigger picture, I wonder if a team jumps the gun on a trade for a microwave off the bench instead of having to compete with multiple teams for Alec Burks at the deadline. If you're a good team and get Rose now, you can manage his minutes and have him save his bullets for the stretch run and playoffs. A team like the Nets or the Bucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be a great pickup depending on the severity of Hayes' hip injury (which was non-contact). Slowly been heating up and I was surprised that he also played both games of a b2b, too.

11 hours ago, KKPer9 said:

With Killian out indefinitely and Blake routinely being rested, any wording on if Rose starts from here on out? Should get all the touches and minutes he can handle. 

Hope the Pistons learned from last year. Push Rose too hard and his body breaks. Same thing happened when the wolves played him 30+ min. He only needs 25 minutes to be fantasy relevant. 

5 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Hope the Pistons learned from last year. Push Rose too hard and his body breaks. Same thing happened when the wolves played him 30+ min. He only needs 25 minutes to be fantasy relevant. 

Derrick Rose (knee) won't return Wednesday

He already break down,smh

2 minutes ago, kane said:

Derrick Rose (knee) won't return Wednesday

He already break down,smh

I'm hoping they're just being cautious with him. Hayes is already gonna be out for a while with a labral tear and they'd be quickly out of PGs without him...

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, m1dday said:

Not playing tonight, anyone know why? Is he getting traded soon or?

Today was supposed to be the 2nd night of a B2B so maybe keeping him on schedule even with the postponement ? Otherwise I got nothing. 

Just gotta hope he gets traded to a contender where he can take on a Lou Williams role. No reason for DET to do anything with a 32 year old Rose, or for him to try too hard on that squad with limited miles left on his body.

3 hours ago, affliction said:

No idea why the Knicks want him. That’s a bad fit

Thibs collecting his old team lol

The guard rotation got even messier now in NY. No way Rose doesn't play at all. If anyone can utilise him though, it's definitely Thibs.

Reunion will 100% revive him. I think the true fantasy losers of this trade is Payton, Rivers, and maybe even Bullock? I can see Rose taking minutes from them.

Rose will give the scoring punch Knicks need. I could see a lineup of

Rose,

Payton/Burks/Bullock( depending on matchup/hothand)

RJ

Randle

Mitch

3 minutes ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

Reunion will 100% revive him. I think the true fantasy losers of this trade is Payton, Rivers, and maybe even Bullock? I can see Rose taking minutes from them.

Rose will give the scoring punch Knicks need. I could see a lineup of

Rose,

Payton/Burks/Bullock( depending on matchup/hothand)

RJ

Randle

Mitch

Rose is not starting. If he does, he'll play 6 games tops ROS.