Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keldon Johnson 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He might be a kitchen psychologist, but he's spot on about what you're doing.

We don't all play in 8 or 10 teamers.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, indigorivers said:

explain to me why ?

He is taking advantage thanks to a slow start by LMA and no Derrick White. When White returns he will need to eat too and I see Keldon becoming inconsistent. Just my take but we will see

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He is taking advantage thanks to a slow start by LMA and no Derrick White. When White returns he will need to eat too and I see Keldon becoming inconsistent. Just my take but we will see

Derrick White and Keldon play different positions. If anything Lonnie and Devin taking the hit. Keldon will still get his share of minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He is taking advantage thanks to a slow start by LMA and no Derrick White. When White returns he will need to eat too and I see Keldon becoming inconsistent. Just my take but we will see

I don't think he's taking advantage of anything. He played with White in the bubble and thats when most people took notice of him. He was probably the 2nd best young spur after White in there. 

He was injured got healthy and without a preseason pop already inserted him into the starting line-up. I think that says enough.

White is a PG/SG. Keldon is  SF/PF.

Maybe he gets a couple of less touches, but he's probably benefits from White playing especially if White takes more 3s like he did in the bubble. More spacing for his drives.

That's my take. Either of us could be right on this to be fair

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 pages on this dude Keldon? Does he even create his own shot or create for others? Isnt he just a 3 and D type of a guy? Why is he getting this much pub? Is there some untapped potential, Kawhi mode hidden inside him? What I am not seeing? He has played one good game this season. I had him in the Bubble and even there he did not impress much. And they had everyone injured.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JormaJormala said:

10 pages on this dude Keldon? Does he even create his own shot or create for others? Isnt he just a 3 and D type of a guy? Why is he getting this much pub? Is there some untapped potential, Kawhi mode hidden inside him? What I am not seeing? He has played one good game this season. I had him in the Bubble and even there he did not impress much. And they had everyone injured.

Lamarcus was the only guy injured worth mentioning. Kedlons minutes were also up and down in the Bubble. 

he can provide 3s / stocks / good fts. He has a good drive rate so if he gets more calls, he can be a great fts guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

10 pages on this dude Keldon? Does he even create his own shot or create for others? Isnt he just a 3 and D type of a guy? Why is he getting this much pub? Is there some untapped potential, Kawhi mode hidden inside him? What I am not seeing? He has played one good game this season. I had him in the Bubble and even there he did not impress much. And they had everyone injured.

 

Maybe try reading the ten pages where all of these questions have been discussed 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

10 pages on this dude Keldon? Does he even create his own shot or create for others? Isnt he just a 3 and D type of a guy? Why is he getting this much pub? Is there some untapped potential, Kawhi mode hidden inside him? What I am not seeing? He has played one good game this season. I had him in the Bubble and even there he did not impress much. And they had everyone injured.

It's pretty much rotoworld overreacting to a good player expecting a great player. Keldon is a solid pickup for many deep leagues (12+ teams) but doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of hype he's getting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

It's not really hype. It has been ten pages of "what happens when White comes back?" on repeat by people who don't watch the games. Then follow up explanations that he plays the forward spots.

Not hype.

Comparisons to Kawhi, Donavon Mitchell and last year's Devonte Graham.

 


Choose one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indigorivers said:

I don't think he's taking advantage of anything. He played with White in the bubble and thats when most people took notice of him. He was probably the 2nd best young spur after White in there. 

He was injured got healthy and without a preseason pop already inserted him into the starting line-up. I think that says enough.

White is a PG/SG. Keldon is  SF/PF.

Maybe he gets a couple of less touches, but he's probably benefits from White playing especially if White takes more 3s like he did in the bubble. More spacing for his drives.

That's my take. Either of us could be right on this to be fair

Possible for sure but dont forget LMA was not in the bubble. Murray is taking a leap this season and White will come back and take a bunch of shots. I get Keldon isn't a high usage guy but soon there will be too many mouths to feed and Spurs believe they are a playoff team still

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

It's pretty much rotoworld overreacting to a good player expecting a great player. Keldon is a solid pickup for many deep leagues (12+ teams) but doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of hype he's getting. 


I don’t have Keldon (I had my chances and passed), but I think what happens with these overreactions is some people really want to be the one that got the out of nowhere guy, the supposed “waiver wire pickup of the year.” Especially early on. And it causes people to overrate them. 

We are all guilty of this at one point or another (it’s part of what makes fantasy fun in getting the guy that blows up). And I think this mentality has been more heightened after Mitchell blew up.

Personally for me, I don’t see it with Keldon either. Not sure what in his stat profile makes him so enticing right now. I have watched him and don’t think he is a bad player at all. I just don’t think the defensive stats in particular (given his stocks in college) are going to last, or that when the dust settles he will have some Mitchell season long impact or close to it that would necessitate this reaction.

I remember same thing happened with PJ Washington last year too. Not a bad player. Early on after he hit all those threes in the first game, the hype train was rolling strong like he was the next big thing until it wasn’t because reality set in.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

The thread is also 10+ pages because of all the people who don't have him coming in here telling the people who do that he's not good since he's not James Harden. 

 

Pretty much. He's a solid player to have on your squad. End of story

I've watched a few Spurs game, and my take away is there's plenty of potential.

High motor and Keldon is all over the court , this kid never stands idle.

A waiver wire pickup for most ... not sure why the expectations are so high.

We're barely 4 games into the season.

We should wait at least 10-20 games threshold before declaring anything.

And as far as Derick White goes, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

However I firmly believe he won't have a negative impact on K.J  , different positions and this man is a low usage player to begin with.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

HOT Take:

Keldon's minutes and usage go up when Derrick White takes the floor. Because White is a better facilitator than Murray.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Derrick White doesn't average more than 5 rebounds, 5 assists or a single steal a game over his past 3 years and has only averaged over 10 points one time. Sure he's pretty good but why are people assuming Derrick White is gonna just blow up the whole team? 

Right now Derrick White can take away minutes from Patty Mills, Devin Vassell, Lonnie Walker and even DeMar DeRozan, and I think with this depth it's far from a guarantee that White eclipses 30 mins a night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rob0403 said:

Part of me is hoping Derrick White comes back asap so we can stop talking about him on the Keldon Johnson thread.

Derrick is playing today. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...