NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keldon Johnson 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He might be a kitchen psychologist, but he's spot on about what you're doing.

We don't all play in 8 or 10 teamers.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Apollo_87 said:

Not watching the game. Please elaborate.

He apparently fell hard and was grabbing his shoulder. Went to bench but came back out. Still played out the entire 4th quarter.

Gotta see what the injury report says after the game.

14 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

i kept hoping he would have a bad string of games so i can steal him because of how obviously this dude is a stud.

loved him in the bubble and preseason and i didn't pull the trigger on him. thought he'd be out for months to start the season like popovich said.

this is cruel

My general rule for Spurs players - You gotta love who Pop loves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow. Was late to check my line up when I saw the stats I thought I was looking at KD’s stats when in fact it was KJ’s! 

Edited by lbc88
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, SolariNatividad said:

Did D. White benefit him like some of us thought?

Nothing I saw today suggests this blow up game was in any way related to Derrick White's return. White's a solid two-way player, but he's not much of a playmaker. What makes you think his return will benefit Keldon?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Nothing I saw today suggests this blow up game was in any way related to Derrick White's return. White's a solid two-way player, but he's not much of a playmaker. What makes you think his return will benefit Keldon?

It's his first game back from surgery, give him some slack. He'll be better than what he did. That said, I agree that he won't be biting into Keldon's output.

11 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I read somewhere (maybe in this thread, I can't find the quote), that White's a better playmaker than Dejounte. I am not really sure, but, given that there are more playmakers in a team, it should only benefit finishers like Keldon.

At least that is what I assume.

Edited by SolariNatividad
27 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

I read somewhere (maybe in this thread, I can't find the quote), that White's a better playmaker than Dejounte. I am not really sure, but, given that the more playmakers there are in a team, it only benefit finishers like Keldon.

Could be right. He's a smart player. Good for KJ if his involvement in the offense improves the team's ball movement.

30 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

It's his first game back from surgery, give him some slack. He'll be better than what he did. That said, I agree that he won't be biting into Keldon's output.

I wasn't judging White on this game alone. White earns his time on the floor because of what he provides on the defensive end, where he is incredible at contesting shots (574 last year. For comparison's sake, Giannis contested 589. Kawhi contested 411. Smart, 403. Bledsoe, 374. Simmons, 308. Beverley, 215). On the offensive end, he's a fine ball handler and a good shooter, but his playmaking skills are nothing to write home about. His comparables in that area are Donovan Mitchell, Marcus Smart, and Kris Dunn. Nothing special. 

Edited by MrCantaloupe
Dropped my cantaloupes
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, SolariNatividad said:

I read somewhere (maybe in this thread, I can't find the quote), that White's a better playmaker than Dejounte. I am not really sure, but, given that there are more playmakers in a team, it should only benefit finishers like Keldon.

Looked like he assisted White rather than vice versa.

Also, impressively he was matched up vs AD. He couldn't really stop AD this game, not like a lot of people can. At least you know how much Defensive effort he put out to still get this line.

• Like 1

You guys think the boards are sustainable? Really excited to see the trio of Murray, White and Keldon ROS. Hopefully for us LMA owners he’s traded to a contender or bought out at some point 

The fact he scored 26 on AD makes him really special. Amazing performance. So much length/height disadvantage and still he got going. On D he couldn't do much, but that's expected against the best big man in the league.

11 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

White wasn't a factor at all in it.  White did not cause Johnson to hustle and get those rebounds.  Johnson set the pace early hitting several threes with White on the bench.  So yeah just supporting what you're saying here.  Though it will be interesting to see what happens when White pushes Walker to the bench and sucks up more minutes, as well as what Pop decides to do with LMA.