NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keldon Johnson 2020-2021 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Teams don’t scout for guys like Keldon until they start putting up career nights. 

It happens a lot... guys blow up, they get scouted/game-planned for, they struggle, and then hopefully they develop counters. 

I love his motor but a lot of his game is just barrelling towards the basket. We’ll see how it shakes out the back half of this season.

This isn't true. Teams scout and gameplan for every player on the court. Players often regress after "career nights" because career nights are by their definition difficult to repeat. 

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He might be a kitchen psychologist, but he's spot on about what you're doing.

We don't all play in 8 or 10 teamers.

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Teams don’t scout for guys like Keldon until they start putting up career nights. 

It happens a lot... guys blow up, they get scouted/game-planned for, they struggle, and then hopefully they develop counters. 

I love his motor but a lot of his game is just barrelling towards the basket. We’ll see how it shakes out the back half of this season.

I highly doubt he does this again, but you don't scout against this. 

No critiques, no projections for what he's gonna be. Really not gonna contribute to the discussion of his fantasy value at all.

All I want to say is I LOVE watching this kid play basketball. Really a joy to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forget about fantasy for a second. This kids so cool cALM AND COLLected while being an absolute ferocious competitor. Hes fun to watch. Im just awed by how the Spurs find talent later in drafts and turn them into great starters, players, and even stars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, FroButtons said:

No critiques, no projections for what he's gonna be. Really not gonna contribute to the discussion of his fantasy value at all.

All I want to say is I LOVE watching this kid play basketball. Really a joy to watch.

It pumps me up

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Forget about fantasy for a second. This kids so cool cALM AND COLLected while being an absolute ferocious competitor. Hes fun to watch. Im just awed by how the Spurs find talent later in drafts and turn them into great starters, players, and even stars. 

Yeah, a lot of the "reckless" talk about his drives is wildly overstated. He's aggressive for sure. But he's not charging in plowing through people or pinballing around. He does have a sort of elegance on his "reckless" drives.

2 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

It pumps me up

The rebound, kick ahead, run the floor, get the ball back and finish caught my eye.

And obviously the steal to the dunk. Such pretty plays on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jordan62345 said:

TOP 20 PLAYER ROS BOOK IT

Pumpppppp the brakes ... skrrrrtttt 

He's really special tho, even folks who don't own him come here to show love.

1 hour ago, Del Rio said:

My only regret is I didn't get more shares.

Tell me about it ... I got him in 2 of 3 , so definitely stoked.

I joke around with my league mates all the time, that Keldon is my adopted/drafted son . Huge fan of this kid , bought a few of his rookie cards recently 

Yeah this looks legit, he is attacking the basket at will and he is a very strong finisher. Maybe game planning against him means you give him the 3 point shot, but he has proven capable of knocking that down as well. Another Spurs gem.

• Like 1

This kid’s poise on the court reminds me a lot of Shai for some reason. It’s kind of hard to articulate, but both of those guys seem to have this kind of calm, relaxed demeanor as they navigate the court. It almost looks like they’re taking it easy, but then bam, bucket. 

I also love his confidence level. Seemed totally un-phased every time he took it into the paint while Gobert was lurking.

I can see why Pop likes him so much. Makes me happy about being able to scoop him up in both my leagues this year. I can see him achieving a top-75 finish in standard leagues this year. 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:33 AM, rando said:

He has a tough stretch upcoming so in my daily roto league I'm seeing him to the bench for a week

Well that mistake lasted ONE game, he is now in the circle of trust, locked and loaded.

Let's just call this kid The Magic Number, for his jersey number. This kid is prestidigitating left and right.