NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keldon Johnson 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He might be a kitchen psychologist, but he's spot on about what you're doing.

We don't all play in 8 or 10 teamers.

Posted Images

I swear I'm only competitive in rebounds because of having him & Bazley as my wings. I will take that line while having trash centers.

Edited by tazdingo
1 hour ago, tazdingo said:

I swear I'm only competitive in rebounds because of having him & Bazley as my wings. I will take that line while having trash centers.

Haha I'm on the same boat as you.

3 hours ago, droselicious said:

Haha I'm on the same boat as you.

Haha me 2! But I have KAT and Sabonis as well... cant wait KAT to he back, but just saw some great news about his return :).

9 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

Off to a slow start tonight. Anyone concerned?

Not really, LMA was aggressive (and rightfully so, he is hitting his shots).

REBs are just not really going his way. He is still very active though, cutting, help defense, hustle plays.

Edited by SolariNatividad
  • Like 1

I watched the first quarter and they had AD on him every possession. Seemed to be a bad move by the Lakers as they were getting killed by DeRozan. Maybe they switch AD on to Demar in the second half. He'll be fine when he's not being guarded by the best defensive player in the league. I hope this is the last time they play the Lakers 

3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I watched the first quarter and they had AD on him every possession. Seemed to be a bad move by the Lakers as they were getting killed by DeRozan. Maybe they switch AD on to Demar in the second half. He'll be fine when he's not being guarded by the best defensive player in the league. I hope this is the last time they play the Lakers 

I watched as well. Im hoping its only cause he's being defended by AD.

I feel compelled to mention this is his 3rd time in like the last 6 games playing Lakers, and 4th in last 6 playing any LA squad. Both of those teams have excellent defensive players (kawhi, pg, Lebron, AD) who he also might have to expend a lot of energy defending as well. Let’s give him a little leeway imo 

• Like 1
Just now, stay_woke said:

Yeah Lakers been a bad matchup for the most part. 

Nothing to worry about Pastor Johnson, even superstars have an occasional dud here and there.

So definitely not holding it against him. Let's see if he can atleast salvage that line 2nd half 

• Like 1

Spurs are trying to burn Montrezl Harrel on defense every time he's on the court so they're spamming PnR's between Derozan and whoever Montrezl is guarding. Keldon not getting many shots as a result. Might be a dud mostly due to matchup.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah Lakers been a bad matchup for the most part. 

Nothing to worry about Pastor Johnson, even superstars have an occasional dud here and there.

So definitely not holding it against him. Let's see if he can atleast salvage that line 2nd half 

Pretty much.  I also chalk it up to him being young and still newfound in having success.  He's been amazing, but he's not an established star or anything, so I would expect him to get a little apprehensive if things aren't going his way early.  He literally started the game on the first possession with a missed dunk that hit off the back iron, and he missed two makeable (but contested) layups after that.  Other guys were hitting shots, LMA was finally getting a groove, and Keldon strikes me as a guy who is not selfish and isn't looking to jack up shots to get his.  He was still playing D and hustling, despite rebounds not coming his way.

I'd just ignore this game completely and chalk it up to the opponent being the champs, him being a young guy who will face adversity at times as he continues to grow, his teammates being on fire (hitting like 80% from 3 in the first half) and it just not being his night.  I'd literally just completely throw this game out the window.  The only thing you might look at from this going forward is LMA becoming more involved and maybe taking away some of his touches/looks, but LMA isn't going to be playing 30 minutes most nights I imagine, and for the Spurs to have any chance to contend they need LMA to be engaged anyway so it is probably a net positive for the team/KJ that he gets his.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Pretty much.  I also chalk it up to him being young and still newfound in having success.  He's been amazing, but he's not an established star or anything, so I would expect him to get a little apprehensive if things aren't going his way early.  He literally started the game on the first possession with a missed dunk that hit off the back iron, and he missed two makeable (but contested) layups after that.  Other guys were hitting shots, LMA was finally getting a groove, and Keldon strikes me as a guy who is not selfish and isn't looking to jack up shots to get his.  He was still playing D and hustling, despite rebounds not coming his way.

I'd just ignore this game completely and chalk it up to the opponent being the champs, him being a young guy who will face adversity at times as he continues to grow, his teammates being on fire (hitting like 80% from 3 in the first half) and it just not being his night.  I'd literally just completely throw this game out the window.  The only thing you might look at from this going forward is LMA becoming more involved and maybe taking away some of his touches/looks, but LMA isn't going to be playing 30 minutes most nights I imagine, and for the Spurs to have any chance to contend they need LMA to be engaged anyway so it is probably a net positive for the team/KJ that he gets his.

I completely agree.

Also Lebron + AD is a nightmare for anyone. It's a great test of his mettle moving forward. 

It sucks because I'm a Laker fan , we took the L & Keldon went back to school. But what can you do

Minnesota should be a prime get right spot.

• Like 1