Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keldon Johnson 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys it's ok if a coach does something that does not benefit your fantasy players It probably does not indicate cognitive decline or early onset Alzheimer's

We don't all play in 8 or 10 teamers.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Love him but cant afford to carry him this week against the best team in the league while in s---y positioning. Still holding Poeltl and White but I couldnt handle a third Spur, sorry Keldon hopefully I can get you back later :(

I own Murray and Keldon and White... Had to drop White... ( hope I can pick him up somehow - someday :) )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keldon and White have been dropped. would love to get either but my fillers are DMC and Noel who may have some appeal short term. position wise leaning towards Keldon. interestingly since White's return it somehow impacted Keldon's minutes and output. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Only the weak drop

Diamond hands baby.

22 minutes ago, Cyclone007 said:

Keldon and White have been dropped. would love to get either but my fillers are DMC and Noel who may have some appeal short term. position wise leaning towards Keldon. interestingly since White's return it somehow impacted Keldon's minutes and output. 

I think White is the right call here. He is worth owning in all leagues even despite the postponed games and will be snatched by someone else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to guess, I’m assuming most if the drops are in favor of more valuable players that are already taking up IR spots (or no IR leagues).  
 

I’m surprised people are picking Keldon over White.  The assists & stocks white produces are  valuable, and the PG/SG eligibility is too.  He never got up to speed, I am hoping people drop him instead of Keldon in the leagues where I can stash for a week or so.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 80version said:

If I were to guess, I’m assuming most if the drops are in favor of more valuable players that are already taking up IR spots (or no IR leagues).  
 

I’m surprised people are picking Keldon over White.  The assists & stocks white produces are  valuable, and the PG/SG eligibility is too.  He never got up to speed, I am hoping people drop him instead of Keldon in the leagues where I can stash for a week or so.  

Poetl, White and Keldon have all been dropped in my league - Murray and DD are still being help by their owners (as expected)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 7:32 AM, 80version said:

If I were to guess, I’m assuming most if the drops are in favor of more valuable players that are already taking up IR spots (or no IR leagues).  
 

I’m surprised people are picking Keldon over White.  The assists & stocks white produces are  valuable, and the PG/SG eligibility is too.  He never got up to speed, I am hoping people drop him instead of Keldon in the leagues where I can stash for a week or so.  

Keldon's biggest knock on his game is his low stocks. Which is very surprising for his build + position

Not to mention he plays with such high motor, all over the court. But just doesn't translate to defensive stats

On the season 0.8 STL / .05 BLK  . Over last month ... 0.5 STL / 0.2 BLK  Jesus that's bad

I valued him higher in my points league than 9-cat , owned him in both.

He's a low 3's and stocks guy.  That only helps you in points, boards, with good-decent %'s + mini assist boost 

If he can bring his 3-ball to at least 1.5-2 per game , Top100 player ROS. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Keldon's biggest knock on his game is his low stocks. Which is very surprising for his build + position

Not to mention he plays with such high motor, all over the court. But just doesn't translate to defensive stats

On the season 0.8 STL / .05 BLK  . Over last month ... 0.5 STL / 0.2 BLK  Jesus that's bad

I valued him higher in my points league than 9-cat , owned him in both.

He's a low 3's and stocks guy.  That only helps you in points, boards, with good-decent %'s + mini assist boost 

If he can bring his 3-ball to at least 1.5-2 per game , Top100 player ROS. 

 

This is why it’s sometime helpful to look at college stats of an unproven players. 

Only 6 blocks in 37 games playing 30mpg at Kentucky was a bit of a red flag for me. So although I really like the dude I traded him away earlier in the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

yeah I saw that... but he's getting really close

Damn you, you gave me false hope! :D

Either way I dont care. Looking forward to time after the ASB when my Keldon Johnson gets fully healthy. And my Derrick White. And my Jaylen Brown. And my Haliburton. And my Jaren Jackson. And my Christian Wood. Of course, Porzingis also always has a niggle or five..

Did I mention my league doesn't have IR spots? 🤣
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BenSimmons25 said:

Damn you, you gave me false hope! :D

Either way I dont care. Looking forward to time after the ASB when my Keldon Johnson gets fully healthy. And my Derrick White. And my Jaylen Brown. And my Haliburton. And my Jaren Jackson. And my Christian Wood. Of course, Porzingis also always has a niggle or five..

Did I mention my league doesn't have IR spots? 🤣
 

Wow that's brutal man. Can't believe people do no IR leagues 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I watch a lot of Spurs this year, and I love Keldon. 

But I traded him, and I will tell you why. Some people think his numbers regressed because he got Covid. So he still has high perceived value, even though his actual value was in decline before he got Covid.

The decline came as Poeltl came on, and LMA went out. That's not a coincidence. Keldon is an exuberant player, fun to watch, but makes his biggest impact by slashing to the hole and finishing through contact. This year's muscle has completely changed his game, for the better. While they played LMA at center, they needed Keldon to both rebound, and play D, and make those drives.

BUT, Poeltl's ascension changes this. Poeltl takes up too much space in the paint. It makes it just a bit harder for Keldon to drive. He will pop off every other game, but the steady top 80 value is now top 120-140. 

I traded him in a package for Larry Nance.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I watch a lot of Spurs this year, and I love Keldon. 

But I traded him, and I will tell you why. Some people think his numbers regressed because he got Covid. So he still has high perceived value, even though his actual value was in decline before he got Covid.

The decline came as Poeltl came on, and LMA went out. That's not a coincidence. Keldon is an exuberant player, fun to watch, but makes his biggest impact by slashing to the hole and finishing through contact. This year's muscle has completely changed his game, for the better. While they played LMA at center, they needed Keldon to both rebound, and play D, and make those drives.

BUT, Poeltl's ascension changes this. Poeltl takes up too much space in the paint. It makes it just a bit harder for Keldon to drive. He will pop off every other game, but the steady top 80 value is now top 120-140. 

I traded him in a package for Larry Nance.

This. Always the voice of reason.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I watch a lot of Spurs this year, and I love Keldon. 

But I traded him, and I will tell you why. Some people think his numbers regressed because he got Covid. So he still has high perceived value, even though his actual value was in decline before he got Covid.

The decline came as Poeltl came on, and LMA went out. That's not a coincidence. Keldon is an exuberant player, fun to watch, but makes his biggest impact by slashing to the hole and finishing through contact. This year's muscle has completely changed his game, for the better. While they played LMA at center, they needed Keldon to both rebound, and play D, and make those drives.

BUT, Poeltl's ascension changes this. Poeltl takes up too much space in the paint. It makes it just a bit harder for Keldon to drive. He will pop off every other game, but the steady top 80 value is now top 120-140. 

I traded him in a package for Larry Nance.

Very well said.

Or do what I did weeks ago, dropped KJ for Poeltl .

For me personally and my team build. I couldn’t tolerate the low stocks anymore.

And I’m a huge fan of his. Much better in points league. But still decent in 9-cat 

Link to post
Share on other sites

his lack of stocks and 3s make his game not so appealing, then you factor in the fact that he might struggle post-covid and Popovich has inconsistent rotations .. i'd be inclined to hold due to SA schedule, but I don't see him very fantasy friendly

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...