NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keldon Johnson 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He might be a kitchen psychologist, but he's spot on about what you're doing.

We don't all play in 8 or 10 teamers.

Posted Images

He still has some name value and hype from his work for the first month. Hope his next game looks better then trade him for a realistic target. Or put him in a 2-1. 

4 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He still has some name value and hype from his work for the first month. Hope his next game looks better then trade him for a realistic target. Or put him in a 2-1. 

Even in keeper or dynasty formats ?

1 hour ago, GrandGourou said:

Even in keeper or dynasty formats ?

Great question. Keldon should continue to develop, and the Spurs' moving off LMA opens up minutes at PF. Clearly Rudy Gay cannot be the starter at this point in his career, and may not even be on the team next year. Lyles is not a threat.

Keldon is also a pretty good 3p shooter, and it's possible he can learn to coexist with Poeltl on the court. But there are lots of examples of paint-dominant Centers where the PF position is just defensive. See Utah. 

IF Keldon can develop some mid-range step back, like Gay, or a teardrop, it will help him a lot. He needs to be able to stop that drive and pull up at 6-10 feet when the path in front of him is clogged. Or do something other than pass it back out to the perimeter. Tobias Harris would be the prototype.

I would give Keldon the benefit of the doubt that he will develop in dynasties. He is 21 years old!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welp, I think the ride is over for anyone in a shallow league. He's only good for scoring, while Jakob steals all his rebounds.

He's not even getting garbage time minutes anymore for development. Guess Pop thinks this is the best he could get out of him.

40 minutes ago, mtx said:

Who's still rostering this bum? 

Dropped his a** a long time ago. Too many high upside prospects on the wire these days to deal with these crappy performances 

I jumped off the train a while ago. Def has the potential to make his way onto my team in the future, but I dont think itll be this year. He def made an impact for the first half of the season and helped me into the position Im in many leagues.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ahtech said:

when we all thought before he is the waiver wire pickup of the year!

I know right. Granted he was balling early in the campaign.

Teams have him figured out now & Jakob Poeltl has been going off while Keldon has been descending. 

There was major hype around him last year starting from the bubble, & coming into this season.

Lack of Stocks + 3's . His biggest weakness that needs to be worked on