NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Angelo Russell 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Real talk, not fantasy:   The Wolves surrounded Russell and Towns with 3 or 4 DOGS in Beasley, Okogie and the two lottery picks Culver/ Edwards. Well done. Jimmy Butler left town and looks l

They sit DLo and they are winning, They cannot even tank right. SMH

I genuinely hate owning this dude. Plays with no heart and makes some suspect decision making. In my draft I needed a PG with my pick at the end of the 4th and literally Fred, Zach, Lowry, Ja, Fox all

• tonycpsu changed the title to D'Angelo Russell 2020-2021 Outlook

Real talk, not fantasy:

The Wolves surrounded Russell and Towns with 3 or 4 DOGS in Beasley, Okogie and the two lottery picks Culver/ Edwards. Well done. Jimmy Butler left town and looks like they went to the kennel and found 3 new DOGS to add to the BITE. Gotta squad now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He tried really hard to make me lose week 1 but I edged it out by a hair...

I watched this game and it’s clear he’s not ready to lead. It’s unbelievable how much KAT influences the opposing defenses. I’ll give him another week to right the ship but this was probably one of the worst performances by a #1 option I’ve ever seen. He looked like a clueless bum out there and forced awful passes, big oooff.

1 hour ago, Tierjerk said:

He tried really hard to make me lose week 1 but I edged it out by a hair...

I watched this game and it’s clear he’s not ready to lead. It’s unbelievable how much KAT influences the opposing defenses. I’ll give him another week to right the ship but this was probably one of the worst performances by a #1 option I’ve ever seen. He looked like a clueless bum out there and forced awful passes, big oooff.

Well, he's not really a number 1 option from a skill perspective, so there's that.  Plus the Lakers are the best team in basketball.  Starting 5 tonight consisted of Russell with Jake Layman, Okogie, Naz Reid, and Malik Beasley.  I can't see that sustaining going forward, or they'll just double Russ up when he has the ball.         

8 hours ago, Kriggly said:

Well, he's not really a number 1 option from a skill perspective, so there's that.  Plus the Lakers are the best team in basketball.  Starting 5 tonight consisted of Russell with Jake Layman, Okogie, Naz Reid, and Malik Beasley.  I can't see that sustaining going forward, or they'll just double Russ up when he has the ball.         

He was the unquestioned #1 last night which is why the defense swarmed him every time he touched the ball. Everyone knows KAT is the #1 but even then Russell is #1B since he averages the same shot attempts so far, if not a fart more, than KAT in 2020. Everything else aside he was as trash as you could expect by having the same collective amount of points/assists to TO's. 

Tough way to end the week, i really almost lost cause of the TO's but i pulled off a nail biter. I'm confident DLO will bounce back though as long as they don't blitz him like they have been doing with curry last year and the start of this year but naz reid can actually spread the floor and DLO is a good playmaker so i'll remain hopeful for now

I wonder what Rubio's quotes will be after this gem, following his from last game. D-Russ with the eye popping -31, stands out amongst the starters. You have to keep the game close if you want your stats.

He plays so disinterested in the game. No energy or excitement. Defense is horrible. First time having him ever on my fantasy team and not what I expected. 

I wish he would drive more to the rim instead of taking those difficult mid range shots but looks like he’s afraid of contact in the paint. I don’t know what’s going on but hoping it changes fast. 

the worst plus/minus in the league right now, and by about 40 points

As a Warriors fan who owns they're first pick next year BECAUSE of D-Lo, you just love to see it

How do we see DLO going forward. Has been solid but with KAT out. Can he keep it going?

What sort of value are we thinking.

I feel like I have owned him but flipped him out of frustration every year

• 2 weeks later...