NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Angelo Russell 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The league format one plays in makes a big difference, so think before you talk ****. And it’s not like he was ballin. Dude was trash since the season started. 

Real talk, not fantasy:   The Wolves surrounded Russell and Towns with 3 or 4 DOGS in Beasley, Okogie and the two lottery picks Culver/ Edwards. Well done. Jimmy Butler left town and looks l

14 hours ago, Vikster07 said:

So he’s not a good stash?

Doesn't hurt to stash if you have a spot I guess, but I'm really not holding my breath for any meaningful contribution ROS.

• 2 weeks later...
D'Angelo Russell (knee) is nearing a return to action according to coach Chris Finch. 

Russell will be back with the team in Minnesota once the Wolves return from New Orleans and "could be doing on-court work this weekend," Finch adds. This would be right in line with the 4-6 week timetable he was given back in mid-February. Given his injury history, it's fair to expect some heavy restrictions in the early going, and his return could spell trouble for the fantasy value of Ricky Rubio since they have struggled to coexist on the floor together. 

he’s alive!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:
D'Angelo Russell (knee) is nearing a return to action according to coach Chris Finch. 

Russell will be back with the team in Minnesota once the Wolves return from New Orleans and "could be doing on-court work this weekend," Finch adds. This would be right in line with the 4-6 week timetable he was given back in mid-February. Given his injury history, it's fair to expect some heavy restrictions in the early going, and his return could spell trouble for the fantasy value of Ricky Rubio since they have struggled to coexist on the floor together. 

he’s alive!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
15 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Just scooped him off waivers.. Lets hope for a better 2nd half with a new coach and KAT back 

Waivers? You must play in a trash league 

Why the heavy discontent with this guy though? Despite his struggles this year he did have a lingering knee problem that required surgery. I understand the complaints of him looking disinterested, but I would be too without KAT (who was out the entire time D'Lo was playing to start the year). Perhaps they sign Nance Jr. and have a neat 2nd half. I'm not holding my breath, but the kid has top 50 upside so I'd never drop him outright like that. 

2 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Why the heavy discontent with this guy though? Despite his struggles this year he did have a lingering knee problem that required surgery. I understand the complaints of him looking disinterested, but I would be too without KAT (who was out the entire time D'Lo was playing to start the year). Perhaps they sign Nance Jr. and have a neat 2nd half. I'm not holding my breath, but the kid has top 50 upside so I'd never drop him outright like that. 

Ok there fantasy God. Kevin Love was ranked higher than this dude last year AND played more games. You can die on this hill though. 

38 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

The league format one plays in makes a big difference, so think before you talk ****. And it’s not like he was ballin. Dude was trash since the season started. 

• Like 3

It's obvious that his knee issue played a part in his mediocre start of the season. With that taken care of, he should be solid the rest of the season. If you have someone who has a questionable ROS outlook on your team, now is the time to try to buy low.

News came out that he’s out for today’s game and out indefinitely, but something makes me feel like he’ll be back later this week if not by next week 

4 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

News came out that he’s out for today’s game and out indefinitely, but something makes me feel like he’ll be back later this week if not by next week 

"Sources say DLo will be back this week"

"Who's your source?"

"My gut"

Lmao come on bro 😂

5 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

"Who's your source?"

"My gut"

Lmao come on bro 😂

I think his source is latest Rotoworld blurb. 

yeah read the rotoworld blurb as well. I’ll take this as a positive. The last update was a pleasant surprise and quite frankly, didnt expect any sort of news on his progress this early considering how much of a disaster the season has been for the Wolves. Hopefully he can make some real contribution by the time fantasy playoff starts. 

On 3/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, MuscleChestbrook said:

"Who's your source?"

"My gut"

Lmao come on bro 😂

See? My gut was on point 

D'Angelo Russell (knee) has been cleared for on-court activities according to coach Chris Finch. 

Russell stayed back in Minnesota to get in some work and will rejoin the Wolves in practice when they return from their weekend back-to-back. It's unclear if Russell will get the green light for March 22nd vs. the Thunder, but his return is imminent based on Finch's comments. 

Edited by Gdupm6
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow that was way better than I expected. I had very little expectations from him but this was a pleasant surprise. Proving me wrong so far and I love it. Thank god I locked him into the lineup. 

First time he's ever played for me. The day the trade went through was the day they announced he was gonna have surgery lol. So not complaining at all with the numbers he put up. If anything, IRL, I'd like for this guy to build up on-court chemistry with KAT and Edwards and be in for the playoffs next season. Maybe we can get more efficiency out of him and his assist numbers go up as well.