NBC Sports Edge Forums

Larry Nance Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to run to the wire!!! No Drummond and sounds like Love is still ways away! Run!! https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/03/cleveland-cavaliers-collapse-without-darius-garland-but-head-into-brea

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

good pickup or was it because KLove wasn't here?  Nance does this kind of performance, but doesn't really do it consistently, always been a tease. 

Good pickup regardless, but this monster line was due to K. Love being out. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, gladiator888 said:

He will be a borderline player once LOVE comes back. He won't get backup C min since McGee is there. He will backup Love and get about 20 min. only. Tough to hold on to him on daily league. 

I think Nance will still get his but not as consistent and especially not on the boards but last year nance played around 30 minutes while Drummond, Tristan Thompson, and Kevin Love were active since he can play some SF as well. 

Proud owner here. Picked him up middle of the draft with huge value at that point... You guys been sleeping on this beast for two years now! Had him both years and won the 'ship! (We have bench boost for bench players that explains the added value in our league).

Ah, I grabbed him yesterday, only to miss out on the PPD for the OKC/Rockets game and have him sit out for this one.

Pity, but it's nice to know he can still put up numbers when he's healthy and has opportunity.  Should probably fall back to earth once K Love returns, but I'm fine with him getting backup PF/C minutes, and it's also nice to have K Love insurance in case the latter gets traded or injured.  :)

Didn't really do much, but I'll take the boards and stls.  He looked okay in this game, and comparative to K Love, he was far better despite what the box scores will tell you.  In fact, I was a little surprised they kept sticking to K Love, since they were getting destroyed from deep (by Blake and Jerami Grant of all people), and Nance's mobility would've helped close out a bit better than Love's slower-than-molasses speed.

24 minutes isn't really that great for 2OT though, and I'm more concerned that Okoro and Cedi are getting lots of PF minutes.  Probably gonna be harder matchups in the future than the Pistons too.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, MWon said:

Didn't really do much, but I'll take the boards and stls.  He looked okay in this game, and comparative to K Love, he was far better despite what the box scores will tell you.  In fact, I was a little surprised they kept sticking to K Love, since they were getting destroyed from deep (by Blake and Jerami Grant of all people), and Nance's mobility would've helped close out a bit better than Love's slower-than-molasses speed.

24 minutes isn't really that great for 2OT though, and I'm more concerned that Okoro and Cedi are getting lots of PF minutes.  Probably gonna be harder matchups in the future than the Pistons too.

i get the sense Cavs front office wants to run Love til the wheels inevitably fall off (hopefully pre-All Star break) so everyone feels like they gave it a fair shake even tho they know he's dead weight.