NBC Sports Edge Forums

Larry Nance Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

Nance has been the most underrated player on our league for two seasons and yet AGAIN this year on the draft. Got him super late. It is mind-boggling to me as I have been his sole owner for these three seasons. And all the trade talks have been cut short as the other managers do not see any value in him. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to run to the wire!!! No Drummond and sounds like Love is still ways away! Run!! https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/03/cleveland-cavaliers-collapse-without-darius-garland-but-head-into-brea

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Nance has been the most underrated player on our league for two seasons and yet AGAIN this year on the draft. Got him super late. It is mind-boggling to me as I have been his sole owner for these three seasons. And all the trade talks have been cut short as the other managers do not see any value in him. 

I have seen the light.

4 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I've had him last year and this year. He's such a good passer and would have higher scoring numbers if Cleveland didn't have the black hole known as Collin Sexton. Dude just refuses to pass and has straight tunnel vision. Can't imagine it's fun playing with him. The fact that Nance has done so well early on with Drummond, Garland and Sexton all playing well is impressive.

2 hours ago, MikeXScott said:

Traded Covington for Nance and feeling good about it.

I'd be very careful on that. RoCo's role is locked, Nance's is more situational. I might keep and eye out for Kevin Love coming back from injury/feeling out the rotation and try to sell high.

He will still produce off the bench too. Covington is injury prone and disappears for long stretches. Good trade IMO. Nance is as solid as they get and the look always brightens as the season winds down or in our world fantasy playoffs start.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Kevin Love can take his sweet time recovering. He's not missed. 

True. Lance is perfect!

but i’m afraid the joy Will Come

to an end soon when love returns 

There is no way Love should come back and start. Nance is by far the better fit. Hopefully politics dont get in the way cos Kevin is cooked. He'll retire once this contract is up.

• Like 2
Just now, ROTY said:

There is no way Love should come back and start. Nance is by far the better fit. Hopefully politics dont get in the way cos Kevin is cooked. He'll retire once this contract is up.

Lakers should initiate a trade to acquire him

Love will be re evaluated in 4 weeks, then contact practice, minutes restriction and reinjury. Nance will have taken off by then and the young, exciting Cavs will be in the playoff hunt. I see season long value here

• Like 1
3 hours ago, thefranchise3 said:

Nance is a good player, and I don't watch Cavs games, but why does he go through stretches of not doing anything? He just went 6 minutes without appearing in the play-by-play. Like WTF

he gets frozen out of the offense a lot

Ah, I wish he could shoot treys better.  I get that he's taking them because Drummond needs room down low and Nance has to space the floor.  But shooting 32% on 3.5 attempts per game is weighing down his FG% heavily.  I think K Love's ability to be a threat from range is a huge reason why Nance might be better suited for the bench. At least Nance owners are getting steals and assists from the PF/C position, which is nice.

Also, Javale is shooting (and airballing) treys now, so comparatively it doesn't look so bad for Nance.

Looks like he got frozen out of the offense again tonight. 

32 min to get these stats AST, 10 PTS, ST, 2 TO, 3 TRB. 

1 of 6 FT. 

I really had high hopes for this guy with Love being out.

15 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Looks like he got frozen out of the offense again tonight. 

32 min to get these stats AST, 10 PTS, ST, 2 TO, 3 TRB. 

1 of 6 FT. 

I really had high hopes for this guy with Love being out.

If you are looking for points, you got the wrong guy.  We would have been in the teens anyway, if he converted a few free throws.

4 minutes ago, python3 said:

If you are looking for points, you got the wrong guy.  We would have been in the teens anyway, if he converted a few free throws.

I'd be happy with some more rebounds in 32 minutes.

• Like 1