NBC Sports Edge Forums

Larry Nance Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The source was from Chris Fedor, the Cavs NBA reporter. 

I just booked Nancy boi a one way ticket to drop city. Didn’t have time to pack his bags or nothing. I just placed the ticket in his hand and sent him out the door. Didn’t even walk him to the gate or

Posted Images

Probably should be safe.  Nance has been playing mostly SF/PF in big lineups, and doesn't really play C.

No idea what the Cavs are doing though. It's like last year when they had TT, Drummond, Nance, and K Love.

10 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Why would he be? Allen plays with Drummond. Nance plays PF. When Love gets back it gets crowded though.

Nance takes a hit because nance plays center sometimes also. Besides prince now in the picture will play some PF also. He definitely takes a hit

Nance is from Ohio, his dad is a Cavs legend and he is very versatile he is fine. McGee likely gets dealt to a contender or waived and Drummond 100% getting moved his days as an NBA starter are likely over

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gdupm6 said:

Nance takes a hit because nance plays center sometimes also. Besides prince now in the picture will play some PF also. He definitely takes a hit

Well, he's taking a hit regardless because the Cavs are getting players and they've only lost Exum (who wasn't playing anyway) and Thon, who also wasn't doing much.

However, I don't think it's a huge hit.  Nance is more than capable out there at both forward spots.  Prince looks to fill that SF spot, unless they REALLY like Cedi.  And after watching a bunch of Cavs games, I haven't seen Nance playing too much C.

11 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Nance literally has not played a single minute of center this season. So yeah... But when Love gets back it will affect him as then he most likely would play FEW minutes of center in certain situations.

12 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Nance literally has not played a single minute of center this season. So yeah... But when Love gets back it will affect him as then he most likely would play FEW minutes of center in certain situations.

Agreed, Nance only had relevance after Love got hurt so his value was limited to begin with.

Y'all can't see them trading away Cedi and K Love/Drummond to open up room for Okoro and Nance/JA?  The latter three look promising, esp on defense.

Makes things easier for Garland/Sexton when they don't need to worry about defense and can just score.

Nance and Allen would be a nice front court. Nance actually shoots 3s now. Great defense between those 2 as well. Cavs would be well served to move on from Drummond and Love. Nance and Allen are still young and fit their timeline much better. 

• Like 1

If I was a smart owner I would be trying to trade Nance in cheap from stupid owners who feel like this make him a waiver wire player. He is so underrated.

• Like 1

He's definitely underrated in fantasy and IRL and I love him in both, but the problem is now how many minutes he'll get.

No idea what the Cavs are thinking in this trade, since they're adding Prince and JA, losing a guard (Exum).  They don't need more frontcourt players.  They desperately need guards, unless they think Dotson is in their future. When Garland and Sexton are out, it looks pretty sad out there.  Even when they're healthy, they're not gonna last playing 35 minutes or so like last year.

He comes out fine in this trade IMO. He did fine when Klove Thompson Drummond and He were playing. Klove and Drummond both having achilles/calf injuries which are sketch to deal with due to so many tears recently in the NBA that follow calf/achilles soreness and pain.

There's just Klove competing with him which I'm fine with 

• Like 2

What happens when Love is back? Nance's minutes were pretty volatile when Love was playing. I'm worried that he's gonna go back to 15-20 minutes a night. 

Im just not worried about Kevin Love. Granted, last year they rested TT or Drummond time to time when all 4 were healthy. This year I do not see resting for Dre or Allen, but a timeshare. At worst Nance might look at 20 minutes a night for few games, but I bet they will find him 25+ most of the time. And then Love gets injured, Dre gets injured, someone gets traded etc. He will end up just fine as he has last two seasons.

11 minutes ago, rocky7st said:

Nice game to remind the coach he's still here

he could get a bit more usage but hes kinda perfect in this role and hes looking at 30+ mpg even when love is back

• Like 1