NBC Sports Edge Forums

I'm sitting on the same decision here -- leaning Hurts, but have realistic expectations for him -- i.e. 20-25 points... Herbert's scoring was boosted last week by a TD right before halftime and then the last minute rushing TD... without those two plays, Herbert would have been cut by many due to a couple of back-to-back ugly weeks prior.  For me Hurts' running gives you a very safe floor that Herbert doesn't offer.  Hurts has a slightly better matchup as well.  So Hurts for me.

I’m not sure I agee with the logic posted above. Lots of TDs are scored at the end of half’s and games. Herbert looked like a HOF QB and only threw on pass the 4th: 

im not sure you can go wrong with either. Denver’s secondary has been ravished with injuries. I can’t walk away from Hebert for where he’s gotten me. I own both and am starting Hebert in two Championships. 

Tough one that I am also facing.

IMO, unconvincing arguments for Herbert: "he got me to this point" (better: he has more sustained track record that suggests limited downside).

IMO, unconvincing arguments for Hurts: "Herbert's points came in short bursts at the end" (better: he is less likely to get rushing TDs). 

I love Herbert but I don't trust Lynn not to get into a handoff contest with Denver. Despite mountains of evidence that they move the ball quite well and practically score at will when playing aggressively, LAC likes to go conservative whenever they can. I have a hard time seeing them let Herbert play aggressively in this one. As others have said, I'm going Hurts based on the matchup and the likely rushing yards giving him a pretty stable floor.  

Edited by PrestigeWW

I'm in the same situation and leaning Hurts. Hunter Henry just placed on the COVID list, and Keenan Allen is questionable. Without his top two passing options the upside is limited. He was terrific last week against Oakland, but the poor play calling limited his ceiling. Without that last drive in OT he would only had around 20 pts. He barely checked down to Ekeler last week, and I'm worried he may do more of that this week.

Herbert.  

I was hesitant on this game, considering Baker or Hurts, then I saw Josh Allen gash DEN for 360 and 4 TOT TD. 

Herbert also has great rapport w Johnson and Guyton, which he showed last week, so it really doesn’t matter who he’s throwing to. 

Edited by Cleanface
17 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Herbert.  

I was hesitant on this game, considering Baker or Hurts, then I saw Josh Allen gash DEN for 360 and 4 TOT TD. 

Herbert also has great rapport w Johnson and Guyton, which he showed last week, so it really doesn’t matter who he’s throwing to. 

Exactly..... Allen is nice to have but that isn’t going to stop Hollywood, dude is gonna eat regardless against Denver’s depleted secondary.