NBC Sports Edge Forums

Flex Wilson Jr or Aiyuk? Standard WHIR

I have flip flopped about a dozen times in the past 24 hours. I also have Gaskin but I just just know how many carries he will get.

Wilson - Should be the workhorse but game script may force them to throw and forget about him. They have a pretty good D against the run. 

Aiyuk - Should be the #1 target but third string QB and Kittle coming back will take away some targets. I expect Niners to be down and will need to throw to try to come back. 

I would go Wilson.  Yes I like Aiyuk a lot and he has been getting a lot of targets, but Kittle could be an X-factor there.  Regardless of game script I view 49ers as a run-oriented team and Wilson has shown he is effective when given the opportunity.  He has almost no competition.

2 hours ago, stcharlesbears said:

I have flip flopped about a dozen times in the past 24 hours. I also have Gaskin but I just just know how many carries he will get.

Wilson - Should be the workhorse but game script may force them to throw and forget about him. They have a pretty good D against the run. 

Aiyuk - Should be the #1 target but third string QB and Kittle coming back will take away some targets. I expect Niners to be down and will need to throw to try to come back. 

I think Wilson has a safe floor & if a close match up, would lean him. If chasing, I like Aiyuk, then Kittle. Could be a lot of running between SF & DAL. GL!

Right now we are supposed to finish close in score and since it is Saturday game I am not chasing yet. Opp had Theilen and I had Cook so not too happy how that game went. How Min can be inside the 5 yard line on five possessions and only give Cook one chance is beyond me. NO coach was feeding the ball to Kamara. I bet Payton has Kamara on his FF team!

4 hours ago, stcharlesbears said:
4 hours ago, stcharlesbears said:

Right now we are supposed to finish close in score and since it is Saturday game I am not chasing yet. Opp had Theilen and I had Cook so not too happy how that game went. How Min can be inside the 5 yard line on five possessions and only give Cook one chance is beyond me. NO coach was feeding the ball to Kamara. I bet Payton has Kamara on his FF team!

Looks like the vote is 8-3 for Wilson. Thanks for the replies. I hope for a close game! Watching the TB game now and see how quick these can get out of hand. Wow Detroit is not even trying on D. I have Evans and hope he still gets a couple more targets but most likely we will see second string for the rest of the game.