NBC Sports Edge Forums

12/26/20 Bucs @ Lions Game Day Thread

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

They said he was top 4-5 in the league, that’s how this discussion started. No freaking way. 

They said that Arians called him a top 4-5 guy, to be fair. And we know Arians says all kinds of bs statements.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine living in Detroit and you come home every day from making car parts and chopping off a few fingers to watch your team do this

those lions fans have to be paid actors

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

Thank you, I follow football and am aware. 

9-7, whoopee! How many truly great years has this guy had? 2011? Maybe another one or two? There are so many Stafford apologists. What has this guy ever won? And before you give the “look what he has to work with” argument, 1) he had Megatron and 2) many examples of truly transcendent players who elevate those around them and turn a franchise around. They said he was top 4-5 in the league, that’s how this discussion started. No freaking way. 

He is definitely above average IMO and would have won something if he had decent talent and coaching around him.  Just look at this game.  He would at least be competitive instead of this crap Daniels is doing.  I would say he is top 10 right now

Edited by cloudee
Just now, TroutFister said:

yah i like stafford...there's a reason why megatron retired, he knew playing for the lions would destroy his mental health haha. i mean he had to give back his 16 million signing bonus so he didn't have to deal with this trash hah

Barry says hi

• Like 1
Just now, TroutFister said:

yah i like stafford...there's a reason why megatron retired, he knew playing for the lions would destroy his mental health haha. i mean he had to give back his 16 million signing bonus so he didn't have to deal with this trash hah

Barry Sanders was the OG of retiring early bc of the Lions, Megatron learned from him

• Thanks 1
Just now, Vendetta said:

Rodgers recently talked up Stafford on the Pat McAfee show too. Also, Succop is a bum.

Think most understand that if he had a decent cast around him he would be a really good QB maybe even top 4-5 like they said. 

2 minutes ago, affliction said:

I hate how that td is charged to tampa defense 

Well D/ST would get credit if they forced a fumble there and scored.  The really painful ones are offensive turnovers leading to easy TDs

Edited by cloudee
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

I get that. It's if Gabbert throws a pick 6 and it's charged to the defense that I get annoyed. 

It isn't though is it? I thought it was just the extra point in that case. I could be wrong though.