NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davis Bertans 2020-2021 Outlook

I would try to be patient with someone like Bertans. It's only a matter of time until he starts going off especially with Bryant going down. The Wizards didn't pay him not to play and he's one of the deadliest snipers currently in the NBA. He was also on a minutes limit to start the season hence the reduced minutes so far. His peripherals are also sneakily decent if he can start returning to his careers rates in those stats.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

45 3s total? You know they play 5 games right? Why do you think he’s gonna sit out 3 of those games? 

nah shut up he's hitting 9 3s per game for the rest of time

imagine punting 3s lmfao what year is this

Posted Images

I'm happily holding onto him as well.

The Wizards might have Deni and Rui, but Bertans still fills that sniper role from the bench and he's absolutely killer from there, as evidenced from last year.  I think his minutes should increase as he starts to get back his conditioning into game shape, and while he may never be a 32 minutes kind of guy, I think he'd be fine with about 26-28 mpg ROS.  The Westbrook addition is sort of a killer, given that he's a rebound hog, so Bertans' boards will probably suffer. But without Bryant, a few minutes at C trickle down to Bertans, since Wagner's historically been inconsistent and RoLo is getting pretty old.  

FG% should improve, but he's never been great there for his position, and so should his 3PM/3P%, as well as points.  As stated, he's getting paid quite a bit by the Wiz. I doubt they want to leave an expensive deadeye shooter on their bench even during a rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...

Who would one have to give up to get a certain Bertans?  An owner offered me his Bertans for my Deandre Jordan.  Seems enticing, if for nothing else to have the guy known as Latvian Laser on the squad.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:38 PM, Nica4two said:

Who would one have to give up to get a certain Bertans?  An owner offered me his Bertans for my Deandre Jordan.  Seems enticing, if for nothing else to have the guy known as Latvian Laser on the squad.

I would take that deal and RUN. Bertans can single handedly win you 3's. I don't like DJs outlook for ROS. 20 min last night with basically no big men. That's not good.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

I would take that deal and RUN. Bertans can single handedly win you 3's. I don't like DJs outlook for ROS. 20 min last night with basically no big men. That's not good.

He came to his senses and withdrew the offer immediately haha.  If I wasn't busy being indecisive I would've had a steal on my hands.  But that's life.  Coulda shoulda!

26 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

He came to his senses and withdrew the offer immediately haha.  If I wasn't busy being indecisive I would've had a steal on my hands.  But that's life.  Coulda shoulda!

Damn. Would've been a great get.

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

He was dropped in my league. What percentage of FAAB would you guys spend to get him? 14 team yahoo H2H. For context, Fournier was just picked up for 40%

I’m thinking of spending the same 40%. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

can someone pleeeaaasseee remind me why I'm holding this guy......

I wonder if it's because you spent premium draft capital on him thinking he would carry your 3PT cat. But instead he's tanked your FG% and held a roster spot that could have been K.Johnson, or D.Garland, or even D.Hunter, maybe T.Halliburton, might have even made a play for D.Robinson.

I wonder...

• Thanks 1

Yeah it's going to be rough for the next little while. Just when he was ramping up with his condition he gets hit with COVID protocol. Now he's gotta find his rhythm AGAIN. He'll be good though. Gotta be patient unfortunately.

Edited by sharkpotato
1 hour ago, RocketIndian49 said:

I wonder if it's because you spent premium draft capital on him thinking he would carry your 3PT cat. But instead he's tanked your FG% and held a roster spot that could have been K.Johnson, or D.Garland, or even D.Hunter, maybe T.Halliburton, might have even made a play for D.Robinson.

I wonder...

exactly yes. I got him at 97 which isn't tooooooo crazy but he's a tough hold right now

If you drop him now and someone else picks him up, you are going to feel like an enormous idiot in March/April

Edited by markdash
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

i'll take missed shots, what i care about is attempts and minutes. the shot will fall. if he gets you 3 3s on a night he's struggling thats a W.

I'm in a points league tho 😕 

Edited by bealforthewin