NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Davis Bertans 2020-2021 Outlook

ILuvABGs

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Don't feel bad for Beal, he actually wants to stay on this dreaded team and doesn't want to be traded.

If Bertans wasn't getting scored on every single possession he's out there, they'd be fine. Beal wants to stay loyal to the team that drafted him but they keep signing bad players to terrible contracts and ******** him in the process. I don't understand why people have this big issue with Brad staying on the Wizards like he enjoys losing or something. Go sign for a super team everyone ***** on you, stay on your own team everyone still ***** on you. Nba fans are some of the biggest haters around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Ya because being loyal is a bad thing 

I didn’t say it was a bad thing. Most basketball players want to be winners. Being on a perennial losing franchise is not something most players want to do. When you are a rookie sure, you are stuck with who you are drafted by, but once you have established yourself I think you deserve better or would want better.

36 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I didn’t say it was a bad thing. Most basketball players want to be winners. Being on a perennial losing franchise is not something most players want to do. When you are a rookie sure, you are stuck with who you are drafted by, but once you have established yourself I think you deserve better or would want better.

Most basketball players could care less about winning lol. These guys today are soft and play for money they have no passion for the game. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Most basketball players could care less about winning lol. These guys today are soft and play for money they have no passion for the game. 

Generally I do kind of agree with this assessment. Also note that a lot of the these young players are from the ghetto and mix that with social media (+ ga-zillion dollars) it can steer someone's focus from winning to glitz and glam.  

Not everyone is GOAT material and this means practicing your freethrows after team work out, taking time off summer and train with personal coaches, etc. I recall Kobe saying something along the lines of "when i first came to the league, I thought everyone wanted to win and compete. Later I found out it's not always the case."

Cool_Pics___Fun.jpg

With that said, I have been watching the game and see Brick-Tons working and trying hard out there. Just need to be in better shape and start hitting them wide open shots like last year. He is trying.

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Lol this is we're we are at with this dude ... 

"He is trying " 

I'm more like, "errr ... Compared to his 2019-20 numbers, at least his turnovers are down ...?" (And basically everything else is also down).  

To be fair, he's really nowhere near an offensive focus and is more used as a threat to shoot rather than an actual shooter, so that guys like Rui, Westy, Beal can score.  It's also not like he's not getting shots either.  It's just that he's not making them.  Problem is that if he doesn't score, he's essentially useless because that's pretty much all he CAN do given Westy will be taking his boards and much of his shooting volume anyway.

That and he's a defensive sieve.  If y'all watched the game today, it's sorta sad how many times he got switched onto pretty much anyone (mostly Dame), and got blown by and/or scored on.

There's a strong chance he's on the other side of a contract year and underperforms all season. I doubt he'll keep shooting like dog****, but those numbers might just not be there anymore.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex

The guy is getting 30 minutes a night; which is promising in the fantasy world. Last season many teams were interested in him and Wiz ended up declining them all. The guy got paid but he seems to be rusty rather than lazy. I'll give him a week leash given his history and projections to finish top 100. 

12 minutes ago, ak427 said:

How does he turn the ball over so much? 

Its one game bro... Just unlucky. Initiated fast break with bad pass, put the ball on the floor on a bad spot, then one bad swing pass to the other side. Last one was steal and turnover in the same situation.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2021 at 10:54 PM, stay_woke said:

If Bertans wasn't getting scored on every single possession he's out there, they'd be fine. Beal wants to stay loyal to the team that drafted him but they keep signing bad players to terrible contracts and ******** him in the process. I don't understand why people have this big issue with Brad staying on the Wizards like he enjoys losing or something. Go sign for a super team everyone ***** on you, stay on your own team everyone still ***** on you. Nba fans are some of the biggest haters around.

Horrible take