NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Davis Bertans 2020-2021 Outlook

ILuvABGs

Yeah, I'm getting quite impatient. I was an owner who snagged Bertans last year off the waiver wire so I'm well aware of what he is capable of, but at this point I have some real concerns. I understand the difficulties that he's faced this year but I do think there are significant changes from last year. Westbrook's usage and score first mentality seems to have a greater affect than people realize and Deni Avdjia is yet another forward to share minutes and usage with. I'm going to hold a little longer but I'm not far away from dropping him for a known commodity guard shooter which at some point soon might look more appealing than the upside Bertans potentially offers from a big position. Thoughts?

Bertans running around looking lost out there and when he finally touches the ball he heaves it trying to draw a foul. Scouting report on this dude is obvious, DO NOT LEAVE HIM OPEN! He’s already too slow to begin with and has ZERO athleticism and do I have to mention ball hog Beal and Russ being Russ?

With that being said, he’s a strong hold! 💪🏼

• Haha 2

I’m trying to figure out where is the “hold” part coming in at. You have “held” this long and he has produced nothing the last 7 games. The one aberration being the Chicago game when he got 38 minutes and still only managed 12 points. If it’s 3’s you are looking for there is plenty of those on the wire.

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I’m trying to figure out where is the “hold” part coming in at. You have “held” this long and he has produced nothing the last 7 games. The one aberration being the Chicago game when he got 38 minutes and still only managed 12 points. If it’s 3’s you are looking for there is plenty of those on the wire.

It’s there man you gotta look really good. 🔎

Big Dah-vees Bertans did fine today. I searched for his highlights last year and he definitely had himself too much Latvian extra cheese pizza or baklava during his Covid hybernation. Westbrook won’t help his cause but what Wizards do lack is people who can spread the court like our Latvian Laser who is beaming more like the northern light at the moment due to his fat a**. Those who have held on can expect this to turn into a laser that will beam down an unlimited range shooting alien who looks like a 6th grade redheaded bully in a grown man’s body named Davis.

Wait for the alien, he is a powerful one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If youre sitting pretty atop your league or locked in for playoffs do yourself a favor and hold him. Hes still not there yet in terms of game shape and what were seeing now is his absolute floor.  If he goes off during fantasy playoffs then it will turn out to be a nice investment. I dont think he can stay long in the waiver if he gets dropped. Other competitive managers know this guy can win you 3s every single week if he goes off. I can understand if you drop this guy and youre struggling. Im currently in the middle of the standings and already thinking of streaming his spot but im also only 6 games behind 1st and winning this week so far. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lol, I dropped him a few leagues (held him in one).  

Still a little wary about whether or not this one game is gonna be the one to turn his entire season around, but it's nice to see he remembers how to hit shots.  He needs to avoid Beal/Westy ball-hogging, and Rui takes some shots as well.  Would also expect a rebuild to happen eventually, and Deni/Rui/Wagner all theoretically should see their minutes rise.  IMO, he's been playing more C without Len and RoLo doing much, if anything, so that'll help him stay on the court, especially because he's a nightmare for slower opposing bigs with his shooting. 

3 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

Wiz play 5 games next week and with Bertans looking like he’s finally getting his legs underneath him, are we expecting 20 to 30 3’s??? 

Yeah, as long as you don't pick him up. Get off the wagon dude.

• Haha 3